Sign in to follow this  
Midnighter

My friend was attacked on way home

Signed into MSN a little earlier, was looking to see if someone was around, to ask them something. Instead, found her online. What got my attention was her tag stating she just got home, after being attacked by some drugged out fucker. Naturally, i checked she was ok, and asked wtf had happened. She was apparently ok, but still struggling to calm down. She's about 20 now, knew her since she was 14. I still see her as a kid, and knowing she had such a rough end to her day, with no one else home when she got there, just let her keep talking, and made sure she was ok. I felt powerless, and like i should somehow have done somehting, but she's in Newcastle, and i'm in WA. So, not much i can do. Except convince her to call cops, report it, at least will be on file. She's locked every window and door in house, and is clearly quite insecure right now.

Apparently, was on way home from work, when this scrawny, drug-fucked looking dude jumped out in front of car. She braked to miss him, which startled her already, then the dude ripped open the door, and went to pull her from the car. The seatbelt was holding her in, so apparently he cut thru it to get her out, then started beating on her. She managed to hit back, get him off her, and ran. Poor kid would have been absolutely pumped at that point. She managed to get the car back, and get home, whereupon what happened hit her fully, and she can't stop shaking. I convinced her to call cops, which she should be doing as i type this. I'm staying on, waiting for her to return from phone, and make sure she is stil ok. I feel so frakking powerless right now, but not much i can do. She doesn't feel confident to leave the house at the moment, i think is paranoid the guy will find her. She says she is ok, but is clearly shook up. I, on the other hand, am nursing a hangover from last night's efforts, which is taking a surprisingly long time to bugger off. I must be getting old. But then, comparing our days, mine was not quite as distressing as hers. Poor kid, I hope someone gets the rat bastard. :(

That's horrible, man :(

I hope the cops can get in the situation ASAP and hope the poor kid can at least have some peace of mind.

My mum told me a story like that years ago and to this day i drive around with my doors locked.

Why wouldn't she not call the Cops?

I would've called 000 from the scene.

Logic... if you can put yourself in a scared shitless 20 year old girls shoes...I had a similar thing happen to me around the same age... a little younger if memory serves me correctly. The basic instinct is to get the fuck away, get safe and THEN make any call that is necessary... although when I was that age there wasn't any such thing as a mobile phone (18 years ago for those who don't know).

Survival instinct takes over when you are not really strong enough to defend yourself for an extended period of time, or for a second attack. She did the right thing by getting away... although a smarter move would have been to drive to the nearest police station or hospital (obviously the poor girl was too stressed to think 'smart')

Good to hear she has spoken to the Police and that she is ok physically... give her a little advice from me Middy... I will NOT drive around Perth with my car doors unlocked... smart move to make for a young girl.

i dont know what could possibly drive someone to do something as horrid as that or worse

Holy shit that sucks.

Seriously (unlike that other funster) if I can help in any way let me know. I'm only 45 minutes from Newcastle. Be better if I was a cop instead of a firefighter but I know 2 local cops and I'd be happy to help. PM me if so.

Poor girl, hope she's ok. Shock can do terrible things to a person, not to mention trauma.

Glad she's physically ok, and safe at home.

He cut through the seat belt? Wow, he must've had one sharp knife.

Hope she's okay anyway, and they catch the disgusting weirdo.

He cut through the seat belt? Wow, he must've had one sharp knife.

Hope she's okay anyway, and they catch the disgusting weirdo.

A good pair of scissors is the go.

Logic... if you can put yourself in a scared shitless 20 year old girls shoes...I had a similar thing happen to me around the same age... a little younger if memory serves me correctly. The basic instinct is to get the fuck away, get safe and THEN make any call that is necessary... although when I was that age there wasn't any such thing as a mobile phone (18 years ago for those who don't know).

Survival instinct takes over when you are not really strong enough to defend yourself for an extended period of time, or for a second attack. She did the right thing by getting away... although a smarter move would have been to drive to the nearest police station or hospital (obviously the poor girl was too stressed to think 'smart')

Good to hear she has spoken to the Police and that she is ok physically... give her a little advice from me Middy... I will NOT drive around Perth with my car doors unlocked... smart move to make for a young girl.

Well, I just can't figure out why she didn't call them as she was fleeing the scene.

(Given the predeliction for young women to talk on the phone whilst driving)

Anyway, it sounds like she wasn't going to call the cops at all.

I know people are pretty keen to 'Post it on Atomic' but I didn't think that MSN had that sort following.

the cops, she was just

Well, I just can't figure out why she didn't call them as she was fleeing the scene.

(Given the predeliction for young women to talk on the phone whilst driving)

Anyway, it sounds like she wasn't going to call the cops at all.

I know people are pretty keen to 'Post it on Atomic' but I didn't think that MSN had that sort following.

She was scared and running on instinct dude. It never even occurred to her to call the cops, she was still too shaken up, she'd only gotten home about 10 minutes before i found her. She was still pretty freaked, and when i suggested contacting the cops, she admitted she hadn't thought of it, but soon did. In fact, i posted this while she left me to go call them, which is how we found out she wasn't the only one jumped by this fuckwit.

That’s why I always tell my wife to lock the doors when she is alone in the car. I even lock them when I’m in it sometimes.

Sounds like you did all the right things Midi. Good timing there as well. So, you were looking out for her.

soon we will become like south africa and drivers will have all sorts of weapons down the side of their chairs to prevent incidents like this. however in oz we need to be careful, since we can get charged with battery if we react to the situation (and win!). better think twice

Why wouldn't you think of calling the cops straight away?

That's what they're there for.

You're right, she's an idiot and deserves to get beaten up by a drug fucked dude and it's entirely her fault that the dude did it to other people.

... seriously dude, why are you pressing this point. She was scared. She was panicking. She wasn't thinking straight. Why can't you get that through your head?

I'm in Newcastle and this happened to me a few years ago. On the way home and some dude jumped out in front of the car (in front of Market Town in the city), then grabbed me by the collar through the window and demanded to be taken to the hospital due to the 'Massive fucken wound in my head man!" He was wet as fuck (from sweat or rain i dont know) but there was no bleeding that i could see. I ended up just slamming the right pedal and getting away, but I'm 120kgs and worked as a bouncer and I was scared shitless.

For those people who cant understand why she didnt call the cops, the idea of getting the fuck out of there was probably in the forefront of her mind. It was for me! Probably didnt even occur to her to call the cops, since I only called them 20 mins later after getting home and breathing deeply!

As had been said by others, I know a few cops in Newcastle and I'm always willing to help anyone in distress but she sounds like she'll be ok now. Where abouts in Newy was it? I'd take guesses but they'd all be based on generalisations, not any facts :)

soon we will become like south africa and drivers will have all sorts of weapons down the side of their chairs to prevent incidents like this. however in oz we need to be careful, since we can get charged with battery if we react to the situation (and win!). better think twice

Soon? How about never. That's not going to happen here. Stop being such an alarmist.