Sign in to follow this  
lunchbox1988

Why do businesses have to screw everything up?

So, I order a battery from a computer store, and pay them via Direct Deposit, they then tell me the battery is not available but they will try to get another one.

After a week of screwing around they say they will direct deposit the cash back to me.

I call them today only to find that the DD was not how they do it, but they will send me a cheque at the end of the week, not good enough, I was promised money via DD and I want it ASAP.

The reason I want it so quick is that my ISP extended my billing date due to my pay not being the same as their standard billing date for my account.

But, even though they extended it to next month, they charged me today (Which is not even my billing date), so my account is now $200 overdrawn and I am pretty well fucked.

So, I am sitting here, pulling my hair out because one company took money outside of an agreed time period, and the other lied about how they would refund me.

Should I get the TIO on to my ISP as this is the second time they have done this?

Should I scream till I am blue in the face at this other mob for feeding me bullshit?

I am just pissed off, because I had plans for tonight which are now fucked because of two different lots of tools.

I feel your pain. I have $800 in the bank I can't touch because it's "clearing" (read being used by the bank for their own investments), a maxed out credit card, 2 bounced direct debits and bills I have to pay. Sucks!

The TIO and generally complaining wont help you get a resolution quickly but you can certainly do it for revenge.

Yea, I am going to churn to an even worse ISP for the pure fact that they have better plans and don't seem to have a track record for fucking shit up.

And the company that has to refund me, are now telling me that deposit or cheque, it won't be sent until Thursday because the accounts guy only comes in Thursdays or other days if he feels like it.

I am really pissed at these guys now, because they have had $160 of mine for three weeks now accruing interest and have known since 2 days after my money cleared that the battery wasn't available.

Edited by lunchbox1988

No, I can handle my bills, but my pay schedule is different to my bill schedule, and the people billing me don't realise that I need to sort things differently to suit them.

The ISP I am with is iiNet, they are good, but too expensive and stupid to follow their own promises in my experience.

I am going to TPG soon simply to get rid of iiNet's bollocks and to get 200GB per month for $80.

Edited by lunchbox1988

2 things: 1. Every other ISP is worse than the one you're with, unless you want to pay out the arse; But nobody's perfect.

Which brings me to the next thing; Every single person, body or entity that engages in the exchange of goods or services in a professional capacity fucks shit up innevitably. It's a simple fact of life.

If you can't learn to live with that, buy a ticket for the next bus to utopia. but be prepared for the bus ticket office to probably give you the wrong ticket.

I'm sure there's some good tips in those kind of books, but don't you find it slightly ironic suggesting he buy a book advising him to spend less money?

My tip on financial concerns comes from years as an impoverished uni student living on about half the official poverty line: before you buy something, anything, ask yourself 'do I actually need this? Can I get a cheaper version somewhere else if I do?' If I think I do need/really want to buy anything over $50, I'll put it off for a week or two. If I still really want/need it then, I'll reconsider it.

If you keep track of all the things you spend money on, you'll probably notice you don't need a lot of them (like expensive groceries or DVDs), or you don't often use a lot of them (like an HDD recorder or a lawnmower blade sharpener).

lrn2budget

I know how to budget, but my budget is a fortnightly pay, so I tell iiNet to take my payment out a few days later than normal, so they don't, and then leave me with no money.

One thing that works pretty well... if you can make a budget and stick to it... is overpay by 5 dollars every month until the CR on your account is the amount of the bill. And on that month, pay the normal amount when you want. From that point on because your'e ahead on month... you can make the payment when you want that month. Because you're actually paying for next month.

I used to do that with my telephony services when I wanted to pay all my bills at one point in the month and they wouldn't work with me.

I'm with Bigpond, they recently changed their billing system, and I can no longer pay what I want on the credit card, but I can still BPay, at least now I have a static Biller code and account number, previously, the reference number would change with every bill. They now charge you to pay with CC.

I'd ring iiNet and say 'Ombudsman' a few times.

I am thinking of calling the TIO to rip on about iiNet causing me to get a dishonour fee.

But they have said they will reimburse the funds.

I am going to TPG soon simply to get rid of iiNet's bollocks and to get 200GB per month for $80.

Damn - that's jumping from the lounge room into the fire. TPG blow. Internode FTW :)

...and THREE WEEKS! I think you may have some standing with the Department of Fair Trading on that one. They are mucho breaking the law!!

Damn - that's jumping from the lounge room into the fire. TPG blow. Internode FTW :)

...and THREE WEEKS! I think you may have some standing with the Department of Fair Trading on that one. They are mucho breaking the law!!

To be fair, they told me after week one that it was not available, but they would try and get the equivalent, so 2 weeks after and they are now refunding.

Maybe you should offer them a laptop from your work, just to get back at them.

/nudge

Edited by tantryl

Maybe you should offer them a laptop from your work, just to get back at them.

/nudge

HAHAHA, fair call, that has been a dick around but I would appreciate you not derailing this thread.