jonbris22

Wireless N Routers

Hey guys, Im just trying to choose between a few wireless routers. Ive had a Dlink set up for 12mths and it has been nothing but a nightmare. Impossible to set up a network properly and range is just a joke (even with extra antenna)

Im looking at the Belkin wireless routers either

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...oduct_Id=474681

OR

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.pro...oduct_Id=299175

Im not great with all the technical stuff but just after something thats new, current tech and can work with bloody vista. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well as we don't know your full needs then just go with the one that fills the needs you have. But my recommendation is for linksys easy to setup and configure and reliable. Just pick the one that fits you budget/needs.

Linksys WRT160N Ultra RangePlus Wireless-N Broadband Router with 4 Port switch $126.00 Umart

Linksys WRT310N Wireless-N Gigabit Router $235.00 Umart

A big +1 for the 160N. The range seems pretty good (though don't expect too much more than G), but the best thing is that it can run the dd-wrt custom firmware. Dd-wrt lets you do everything the router hardware should let you do, even though the stock firmware may not support it.

For instance, I have a long, thin house, with the only telephone jack located in the front room. I've placed my 160N in the lounge room half way up the house, where it extends the wireless from the front room all the way to my bedroom at the back, and also acts as a wired access point for an xbox on the lounge room tv. This would have been impossible with pretty much any stock consumer router.

That being said, if you're not all that technical, the stock Linksys software is fine too! :-)