Sign in to follow this  
spaced

Creative soundcard

Ok so I bought a creative X-Fi Extreme Audio soundcard. To be honest I can't really tell much difference between this and the previous shitty onboard sound.

Is there something I'm missing here?

to be honest its not the best xfi offering, i have the xtrememusic, and paired with my logitech z5500d's it is awesome, and i noticed a major difference between it and my onboard, but i was coming from an old ac97 chip, and it had i think 28 channels my xtrememusic has 128 i think, this so helps in games, you get alot more ambient sounds, and decoding of audio is done on the card not the mobo so you get a little increase in performance when decoding music or in game. i also know if your mobo is recent you wont notice as big a difference, but if put with reasonable speakers or headies it should rock.

It's you're shitty speakers.

Well I had this discussion with a mate and he said the same thing. I used to have a nForce board years ago with nforce chipset running the audio. It produced awesome quality sound. Then I changed to the standard realtek onboard when I upgraded which was noticibly shit.

And I use a stereo not just speakers