Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
LogicprObe

Rugby League is back!

Am I the only one laughing at this testimony?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/11...?section=justin

Former NRL star Greg Bird has given evidence for the first time at an appeal hearing against his conviction and sentence for a glassing attack on his girlfriend.

The former Cronulla player is on bail after an appeal was lodged against his minimum eight-month sentence for hitting Katie Milligan in the face with a glass.

His barrister Brett Walker SC successfully argued for Bird and Ms Milligan to be allowed to give evidence at the appeal hearing.

In the witness box, Bird said that his girlfriend had been angry with him and she lunged at him with a drinking glass which smashed and injured one of her eyes.

He said he did not exactly how it happened, but believed it was an accident.

He said that Ms Milligan told doctors at the hospital that his room-mate was responsible.

Pair of junkie dickheads (him and the girl).

Should charge both of them with perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Should charge both of them with perjury and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Yep.

They have clearly bulsshitted their way through the entire thing.

Pair of junkie dickheads (him and the girl).

Something should be done if he wins the appeal.

Hot pants!

The boys just keep on giving all year round!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/brea...i-1225816057854

RUGBY league player Todd Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire in an incident on New Year's Eve.

The Seven Network reported the footballer, who has a history of behavioural problems, and a companion deliberately set the man's pants on fire, burning his buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh.

The alleged incident occurred at Airlie Beach in North Queensland.

A spokeswoman for the Queensland police said a man had presented to Proserpine Hospital for treatment for ``minor'' burns but no official complaint had been received.

Carney is due to play in the NRL with the Sydney Roosters in 2010 after spending a season in the Cairns district competition following his sacking from the Canberra Raiders.

The Roosters said they only found out about the allegations on this afternoon and are yet to speak to Carney, the ABC reported.

That bloke's a fucken dickhead - always made the News down here for the wrong reasons.

Rooters will ditch him if they have half a brain.

Hot pants!

RUGBY league player Todd Carney reportedly injured a man by setting his pants on fire in an incident on New Year's Eve.

The Seven Network reported the footballer, who has a history of behavioural problems, and a companion deliberately set the man's pants on fire, burning his buttocks, scrotum and upper thigh.

That guy probably never got spanked as a kid. He's in need of a serious spanking by his parents. :P

Hot pants!

That guy probably never got spanked as a kid. He's in need of a serious spanking by his parents. :P

Mate, if some goose set my balls on fire, I'd be seeking serious retribution!

What a man!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/27/3023140.htm

Wests Tigers half-back Robert Lui is in police custody after being charged with nine offences, including assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.

Lui, 20, appeared in Burwood Local Court on Monday afternoon and was refused bail.

"Burwood police have arrested a 20-year-old man in relation to allegations of a domestic violence-related assault on the weekend," a police statement read.

"The incident is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning at an address in Abbotsford.

"A woman suffered facial injuries. The matter was reported to police later that day. The man has been charged with nine offences."

The offences include two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, three of common assault, one of malicious damage, one of choke with intent to commit an indictable offence, one of detain for advantage and one of aggravated robbery.

Lui recently put his good late-season form down to becoming a father for the first time.

That bloke's a fucken dickhead - always made the News down here for the wrong reasons.

Rooters will ditch him if they have half a brain.

Ah....hindsight.

Hahaha.

He obviously took the loss on saturday night a bit hard

On the ABC news footage, some sheila took a swipe at a reporter!

I wouldn't mind placing a bet that Jonathon Thurston, Aaron Payne, Willie Mason, Ryan Tandy & Adam Blair, get banned for life next week.

Any takers?

Edited by LogicprObe

I wouldn't mind placing a bet that Jonathon Thurston, Aaron Payne, Willie Mason, Ryan Tandy & Adam Blair, get banned for life next week.

Any takers?

That's the word - will be interesting to see what happens with them over the next few weeks.

Could be big.

------

GEEEEZ the code in these forums that forces posts to merge sucks.

------

New Post:

From here:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/29/3024789.htm

"District Court jury took less than two hours to find the Manly Sea Eagles star not guilty on all three charges"

So glad Brett has been found not guilty on all charges. Found it very hard to believe that he would overstep any boundaries, even after a few drinks.

Let's hope he gets over this, as well as his injuries, and can concentrate on a good 2011 footy season in the Maroon & White colours.

And From here:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-natio...0929-15wh8.html

"the girl, who is now aged 19 and cannot be named for legal reasons.

She admitted to having been diagnosed with a mental illness, the details of which cannot be disclosed due to a court order prohibiting publication.

Her father, a convicted criminal who has served multiple jail terms for dishonesty offences, also gave evidence and passionately supported his daughter's version of events."

I always thought there was a lot more dodgy aspects to the girl & her father.

If they did in fact do the wrong thing and/or tried to embellish/lie about what really went on on the night in question, I hope they pay for it dearly.

Just like anyone should - you, me, whoever, if we try to make stuff up for our own unlawful benefit we should get burnt.

So sad this kind of stuff happens in society eh.

Edited by ssar

Any takers?

What makes u think that?

Any takers?

What makes u think that?

Mobile phone and banking records................

Any takers?

What makes u think that?

Alledged match fixing...