g0t.w00t?

"Noob" Weapons

Why is it that a weapon that takes skill to aim correctly, having to calculate a flight path in a split second, adjusting the aiming reticle appropriately, is considered a "noob" weapon? Is it because it can kill many enemies at once? Personally I find nothing wrong with using a game mechanic properly. Nor do I have a problem with any weapon in a game. I think any "noob" can point and click, but it takes skill to be able to look, judge, adjust and fire in that same time.

For those of you wondering what in the blue fuck it is that I'm talking about, it's the grenade launcher in Call of Duty 4.

Playing the map where it's the house type building with a courtyard in the middle, and a Saddam-esque statue holding an AK-47 in the middle.

I spent the entire map killing anywhere between 3 and 6 people at a time with the "noob tube", because they couldn't learn not to bunch up in a group. After launching my 2 nades I could proceed unhindered to the corner and lay waste to them as they rounded it. Apparently this shows a lack of skill on my behalf.

Strangely enough, their pre-pubescent voices raise in pitch, somewhat like that of a weeping banshee, when told to stop their whining about a valid game mechanic, cheap though it may be, and play the game. They say my "skillz" must be terrible to have to use such a weapon. Yet don't like it being brought to their attention that I have been playing games for as long as they have been alive.

Sure my "skillz" aren't the best out there, but I would prefer to win than lose, and to have fun than not. Plenty of people play better than I do, but it doesn't mean they are "cheap noobs".

Another case of young-person-retardism - playing Bog, getting mown down running through a door by a kid 3 times. Having played this map alot I have a rough idea of where he may be, so I shoot him through the brick wall. "HACKER!!!111oneoneelevenmypenisissmall" cries this epitome of "skillz". I must be hacking cause I couldn't possibly estimate where the dumpster he is hiding behind is, adjust to roughly where he should be if he didn't move from last time, shoot, kill.

The intellect of todays gamer really astounds me with new lows.

Yeh, I get the same thing in pub CSS all the time, people dont like being AWP'd because it is (usually) a one shot kill.

However, the weapon is heavy, somewhat floaty and not at all easy to aim while moving, you need to stop aim and shoot in a split second, however when I own a pub server with one, I'm just a noob, a rand, an sk, whatever else they may call me. But if I use a rifle or a Desert eagle and headshot every last motherfucker, I'm a hacker.

I hate pub games.

Just laugh, just smile, laugh and ignore. Just keep playing, it because the young mind can't get over the fact that they are getting constantly beaten and can't think tactically on the fly. The don't see the justification in a game mechanic that's in place because the game is representing real life, if some comes running at you with a Grenade Launcher you don't get a second chance....

I've not played the game your talking about, if by chance they killed you they should protect and defend the grenade launcher pick up point. Or is this game like the Battle Field series where you chose what category you'll be playing before spawning?

Just turn off they audio feed to you?

Though I'm pretty shit and online FPS's I would be in awe, every time my body in game explodes into a million pieces I like to hang as a specter over my assailants shoulder a watch his / her game before re spawning. Then getting owned again...

I love the UT99 shock rifle for this <3. Impossible to use when you are new but devastating in the hands of someone who knows how to use it effectively.

Some things to consider:

1. That thing doesn't fire strait, by saying that i mean it doesn't fire on the same angle every time.

2. it's not allowed in competition.

3. I'm pretty sure that aiming is skill? Why are (were) Obez, The one, and tEEEK the best in auscod? Because they can aim more acurately and faster than the other guy.

4. it's not allowed in competition so it's in the same boat as 3x nade, the P90 and claymores.

5. I'm pretty sure the people bagging you should get out of node pub if they think they are good.. Atleast play promod pug, or pub...

6. Everyone loves a little grenade on a rocket action to piss the real noobs off ;)

Edited by Viperxtx

i always got called a n00b for using the RPG and flac cannon in UT2K4, but i was precision all the way with both, i think some people just get pissed with other peoples abilities, also sometimes dudes would complain when i headshotted them with the sniper too, not my fault i can aim while scoped and sprinting and they cant.

This is the issue with playing against those who have less skill than you (Plus they are usually <15yo)

*Anything* you can do which they cant is a hack

Edited by Khirareq

iy you really want to get them raging get the RPD and add the hand grip which makes very accurate and lay down in a corner somewhere, you can get up to 70 kills in one round sometimes also get the first semi auto sniper rifle and get the acog scope for it and start using it like a m21 (i think its called) without recoil and with more power.

other guns that make pub noobs rage:

m16 with red dot sight

m4 with silencer

mp5 with silencer

barret 50cal in the hands of an expert sniper

first bolt action rifle

all this talk of COD4 has got me wanting to play it again :D

Edited by nesquick

I <3 the grenade launcher in COD4, Laz hates it though and calls me a noob tuber, I saw it's because he's losing and needs a name to call me.

I made an account called a noobtube on cod4 with the soul purpose of pissing people off, just get the 2 primary weapons perk and get like m16 and ak with grenade launchers and everytime someone dies it says "you were killed by a noobtube" :P Edited by nesquick

To be fair, some games have unfair, overpowered weapons:

The AK-47 vs the M4A1 in Warrock for example.

The AK47 could pull headshots from across stages on fully automatic. The bullet physics didn't seem to apply to that gun until they patched it. It was lame.

Also, Ih8Witchelves.

lol.

i dont mind people using the noobtube, but it makes me rage when all they get is noob tube kills. true enough they are hard to get hits with at long range, but at short range they are dead easy to get kills with.

a guy that i play with regularly used to use it lots and he ALWAYS had a perfect 2:1 kdr coz hed get 2 kills with the noobtube then get nailed because he couldnt aim for shit and had poor reaction speeds.

the only 2 guns i have ever been called a n00b for using are the P90 and n00btube. i never bother with the AWP on CS:S, i always go for dual elites or the dak-dak.

P-90 whores always piss me off. I use the G-16 (I think that's what it's called, might be G-36?) with the grenade launcher, and I get tons of kills because I know how to use the weapon as well, I normally only use the grenade launcher to shoot through building windows or if I'm runnin blind around corners just for that first 'oomph'. I have to say I normally just use the gun itself.

Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

I love the elitism in this thread. Go type "QQ moar" in game a little more. You'll feel even better.

I'm an AK47 - no attachments kinda guy.

But I do like silenced MP5 and red dot M16 from time to time.

Can't say I care about people tubing, as long as they aren't tubing spawn in the first 5 seconds of an S&D match...

Silenced P90 and G3 annoy me though... P90 you don't even need to ironsight with, and the clip is massive, and G3 doesn't have enough recoil so people just spam it.

Don't really complain in-game though... cbf with all the internet drama from all the kiddies that think they're awesome.

Edited by Reb1rth.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about launching into spawns, just in general use throughout team deathmatch.

@ BF Vietnam, not you in particular...

We used to be riddled with LAW/RPG noobs until we shamed them out of their behaviour (still get the odd USA dick).

Using weapons meant for tanks to 'splash damage' troops is a fucking lame way to score easy points, so too are 'nade launchers on automatic weapons.

Grow a pair, and fire a real gun.

Yeah, I wasn't talking about launching into spawns, just in general use throughout team deathmatch.

IMO - TDM is just mindless shooting... use whatever the hell ya want! :)

@ BF Vietnam, not you in particular...

We used to be riddled with LAW/RPG noobs until we shamed them out of their behaviour (still get the odd USA dick).

Using weapons meant for tanks to 'splash damage' troops is a fucking lame way to score easy points, so too are 'nade launchers on automatic weapons.

Grow a pair, and fire a real gun.

Well, given that there are no tanks in CoD4, I don't see what else we could use it on other than infantry. It's good to suppress a first rush, and gain an advantage for your team. It is also good for launching a grenade across the map at a window where you can see a handful of snipers laying your teammates out. Doing that I can score 3-4 kills easy, then launch the next nade when I see another group like that. I personally think it IS skillful to use the weapons they give you to use, as they are meant to be used. In this case the use is to clear small groups of enemies cockblocking your team.

Calling me a noob for using a valid game mechanic (lame though it may be), makes the name caller sound like a whinging baby. If you (being whoever whinges about it) think I am so unskilled, then by all means shoot me, "pwn" me like you say you can.

I see no difference between using the nade launcher and using, say, your primary weapon. one is obviously a long range weapon, while the other is for all distances. I have had my fair share of popping around a corner to launch and seeing an enemy 5 feet in front of me. Instead of switching to my gun, thereby giving him time to kill me, I launch point blank into his chest which kills him with no explosion.

Any "noob" can point and click one of the primary guns.

Edit - Also, the aim of the game is to win. I will use any and all means necessary to do so. If that means "noob tubing" then I will. Suck it up and play the game.

Edited by g0t.w00t?

I've never played CoD4 besides the demo.

It's hard to pwn a tuber that doesn't need to aim a weapon though, so it comes down to whoever can pull the trigger first, and then whatever weapon can splash more/quicker.

Personally my play style is stabby, stabby:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Care to join us? The game's $10 - $15

>:P

Edited by Bastard Child

General aiming of the grenade launcher doesn't take a huge amount of skill, but fuck me people who can hit you from one end of the missile launch map to the other on console have it down pat.

Gives you an appreciation while also thinking "fuck! bullshit!" haha.

If it was PC I'd probably think they were cheating.

Nothing wrong with using the grenade launcher in CoD4, and it can be fucking easy to dodge as well if you have some movmeent and reaction skill.

Nothing wrong with using the grenade launcher in CoD4, and it can be fucking easy to dodge as well if you have some movmeent and reaction skill.

Bullshit.

Good luck dodging a blast zone.

If I can hit someone on the other side of the level with the grenade launcher while jumping to see over a wall, is that noobish?

Also the Farsight-XR20 from Perfect Dark, tell me something not cheap/noobish about this gun.