g0t.w00t?

"Noob" Weapons

To act more than fair games as a result of a desire for balance in all things has created a dark little monster which I like the call the 'Samurai theory' whereby if everything is in balance the one with the best skill will come out on top. This theory is continually perpetrated through gaming culture that a skilled player just don't win but wins so devastatingly that their skills are never questioned. This is why I use the term 'Samurai Theory' because Samurai would engage each other in only one on one combat with the same weapon in generally equal territory so the only deciding factor was skill and mastery of arms. This is not the case in gaming even if games are perpetrated to be the case. None the less the theory prevails, the only time this may even be possible is a 1v1 battle not a 16 player free for all.

Various weapons create variety and serve specific purposes but they can be used in unsporting like ways. Like in BF2 where players would spam grenades while using a machine gunner with his ammo pack to help replenish their stocks like a continually moving forward artillery strike. That is cheap. However throwing both your grenades into a populated area in COD4 is not cheap.

Use the toys that the developers gave you but don't abuse them just because you found a way to get around it. As for the Samurai theory that was there before most of us and it will be there after.

I guess I out samurai you in DOW2 then huh?

If 2 games to 2 is a devastating win... I guess.

Those who use the AWP in CS, if you truly think you are that good, try the Scout.

Scout is cheaper than the AWP.

Yet I was the underdog in those games, when we played as the same teams I won.

DOW2 has serious balance issues.

Fair point in that instance. You won the tactical victory in a key battle when we were both Space Marines which led to the overall victory. As Orks I won through having the key positions while you turtled allowing me to have more resources. Different strats not imbalanced teams I think anyway.

Those who use the AWP in CS, if you truly think you are that good, try the Scout.

yea scout is more fun to use, I was playing the other day and popped like 5 guys heads on assault and of course that was HAX....

Why? Because you actually need to hit the head for an instant kill? It's a considerably smaller hitbox than the entire body... if you really are that good, you can manage it. Think of it this way: with AWP you only have to hit the body once. With other guns, you have to successfully strike the enemy player numerous times. At point blank this seems to sway in favour of the automatic rifles, but I'm talking about a decent distance between you and the enemy. And besides, where there's an AWP, there's always a Deagle (atleast in my experience).

If it pisses you off, come play TF2. I very rarely hear anyone dissing anyone about their weapon/class choice.

Back when the pyro update was released, there was a little bit extra here and there, but for the most part everyone gets along.

I've only ever once heard someone called out for hacks. And it was pretty obvious he was. You know... sniping. Every single shot was a headshot/crit. From just outside their spawn.... Yeah.

--edit--

And I play TF2 a lot. ;)

Edited by sirsquidness

Use the toys that the developers gave you but don't abuse them just because you found a way to get around it. As for the Samurai theory that was there before most of us and it will be there after.

Next thing you'll be saying is that setting up a few sentries, a couple of dispensors, and have them surrounded by heavies is cheap!

Too much whinging in this thread. If you don't like how the game is being played, quit the fucking server and stop crying about it.

Next thing you'll be saying is that setting up a few sentries, a couple of dispensors, and have them surrounded by heavies is cheap!

Too much whinging in this thread. If you don't like how the game is being played, quit the fucking server and stop crying about it.

You try having a game with Rion, he'll kick your ass :P He kicked mine, he isn't whinging but stating the obvious, some things are just cheap. Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

no, its whinging.

if its not a hack, or something quite obviously outside of the intentions of the guys making the game/map*, you're being a fucking whinger and theres no two ways about it.

*eg map exploits. Appearing outside of playable areas etc.

The reason i went with the heavy example, is because before the heavy pack, you'd hear people bitching about how cheap it is to line up a heavy next to a sentry and a dispenser.

And then they went and created an achievement based off that very tactic.

Its just a whinge for those who personally feel that they are being slighted by someone playing the game in a manner different than they wish they could enforce.

So quit, make us all happy.

I think you misinterpreted what I said. If you are not exploiting something the game hasn't taken into account then it isn't cheap or abuse. The game developers can't test everything or find everything so things need to change as a result. The best examples I can give you are from BF2 which was rife with exploits. First there was the dolphin diving in which you could run then crouch repeatedly while firing accurately while making yourself a very small target. That is cheap and was removed. The other would be the grenade refill artillery strikes which were not dealt with in BF2 but were done away with altogether in 2142, also cheap and an ingame item abuse.

A heavy standing next to a dispenser is not cheap or abuse, that is using tactical advantage. Sentry guns in a crossfire are not cheap or item abuse. All of them can be beaten. A sentry gun placed below the map clipping so players can't shoot at it while it can shoot at them can't be beaten and as such is cheap.

Play fairly, just because you have found a way to never reload using a gun if you double tap before running dry doesn't mean the developers wanted you to do that.

Why? Because you actually need to hit the head for an instant kill? It's a considerably smaller hitbox than the entire body... if you really are that good, you can manage it. Think of it this way: with AWP you only have to hit the body once. With other guns, you have to successfully strike the enemy player numerous times. At point blank this seems to sway in favour of the automatic rifles, but I'm talking about a decent distance between you and the enemy. And besides, where there's an AWP, there's always a Deagle (atleast in my experience).

Strafing headshots are not hard with the scout.

The scout is bugged in that you run faster with a scout out than a knife.

When using the awp you are incredibly slow and you must be totally stationary in order for the gun to be accurate (unlike the scout).

Awp isn't 1 shot kill if they have body armour (unless it's to the head).

Yeah, the scout is easier to aim with than an awp too, it moves faster and doesnt float at all, scouting is easy, awping(well) is hard.

You obviously have not played CS in a while then, AWP is 1 shot kill unless you hit their foot to knee area.

You obviously have not played CS in a while then, AWP is 1 shot kill unless you hit their foot to knee area.

To be honest, I think its a thing of luck, a well placed AWP shot to the chest may not always kill, though it does more often than not, could also just be laggy hitboxes causing it, coz it doesnt happen too often.

no, its whinging.

if its not a hack, or something quite obviously outside of the intentions of the guys making the game/map*, you're being a fucking whinger and theres no two ways about it.

*eg map exploits. Appearing outside of playable areas etc.

The reason i went with the heavy example, is because before the heavy pack, you'd hear people bitching about how cheap it is to line up a heavy next to a sentry and a dispenser.

And then they went and created an achievement based off that very tactic.

Its just a whinge for those who personally feel that they are being slighted by someone playing the game in a manner different than they wish they could enforce.

So quit, make us all happy.

I can't help but agree with you 100%

9 times out of 10, a gameplay mechanic is there because thats how the developers made the game, and wanted it to be played.

People have many different game styles, one of the skills is addapting to a game play style thats different to yours :)

umm i has a question. Alot of you are going on about how good you are.. that, as orcone said is elitism. Why? are you really that good? Where are you on the ladder? (CG)

Just to clarify - I am not a "good" player, nor am I a shit player. I find myself average, coming generally in the top half of the scoreboard. Rarely first. just the top 50%

I especially like insinuations that I don't know how to play FPS games (people on servers), especially little high pitched cunt children :) And they HATE being told that, for all I am a "crappier player than themselves" I am scoring just a bit better than them, and I have been playing FPS games since before they were born.

Edited by g0t.w00t?

Just to clarify - I am not a "good" player, nor am I a shit player. I find myself average, coming generally in the top half of the scoreboard. Rarely first. just the top 50%

I especially like insinuations that I don't know how to play FPS games (people on servers), especially little high pitched cunt children :) And they HATE being told that, for all I am a "crappier player than themselves" I am scoring just a bit better than them, and I have been playing FPS games since before they were born.

Nub thread is nub. Why does it matter what they say it's obviouse your on the same level.. htfu imo. Edited by Viperxtx