g0t.w00t?

"Noob" Weapons

Consider this situation.

You're on your favourite server playing along, running down a hallway and turn a corner. You see a guy down the end, and before you get a shot off with your rifle he launches a grenade and you're down.

Annoying, yes, but it happens.

You then run down a different hallway, and the same guy is there, and right as expected he launches and you're down again.

'Fuck me.'

But you re-spawn and fit a different gun and avoid all tight spaces all together. As you're running across an open field, the same guy fires a grenade at you as you dive for prone to pop him and OH JESUS grenade hits your face.

It is these sort of situations where you have a player, or group of players, using a one-shot-kill weapon the entire game that it becomes frustrating. All the armour and twitch time in the world won't stop that grenade from flying through the air and exploding in your general vicinity, causing you to die. Especially if the guy using has any sort of skill.

And that's the problem, he's resolved his game to 'I win' weapon while you're running around with your customised M4 trying to have a go of aiming etc.

Sure, you can always just pull out your grenade launcher and have "Pahfwoomp!" wars with each other but that's just not my idea of fun. Generally, I try and take him out a few times with a rifle but if he continuously annihilates me with an area of effect weapon, it's just not too enjoyable.

So I end up avoiding him or joining another server.

And finding another guy, with the fhwoomper, doing the same thing.

I understand the weapon was put in game by the developers, but don't hold them in such high regard as to make them demi-gods. Anything that's in game is not the be all and end all of balance. Some weapons are easier to use than others, and some are much more effective at killing.

When those two categories intertwine, there's usually an issue. And that sux.

inb4 cry moar baby

Edited by orcone

or just htfu and shoot him first.

the only reason you're getting 'naded is because:

a) your tactics suck

b) your reaction time sucks.

Get better, take them out.

the only reason you're getting 'naded is because:

a) your tactics suck

b) your reaction time sucks.

Get better, take them out.

Do you even play shootans?

Orcone has put it a lot better than I ever could.

In the style of gameplay I enjoy, I feel that the 'toob ruins any feeling of enjoyment which may have been gained from having been killed by a skilled opponent.

Anyway. It's only a game, in which playing it is meant to be fun.

It's life that's unfair, but thankfully you don't get chased by noobtoobers.

In the style of gameplay I enjoy, I feel that the 'toob ruins any feeling of enjoyment which may have been gained from having been killed by a skilled opponent.

Says the falshbang and shotgun whore.

But your right, it is all in good fun and I love being naded and then blasted in half by you, just like you love getting stabbed in the head by me (so does everyone else).

I personally only used the Tube in COD4 for the following:

1. clearing out campers and/or snipers that were giving me the shits.

2. a bit of the old "some of your own medicine" tactic :P

3. to annoy friends at lans :P

Does anyone class the Barret as a noob weapon? its nearly always 1 shot kill and has a degree of difficulty to aim due to its recoil and being semi-auto although it was one of my favorite sniping guns for a long time with silenced usp, bandolier, stopping power, iron lungs and camo suite.

Edited by nesquick

You're in no place to say anything, Captain Flashbang :P

Flashbangs are ok... Stuns are the bitches.

We should make an x-fire group for COD4.. actually i'll make it when i get home and post it here :)

Flashbangs are ok... Stuns are the bitches.

We should make an x-fire group for COD4.. actually i'll make it when i get home and post it here :)

I will join it even though I don't have Xfire because I have been looking for an excuse to get back into COD4.

Oh, I would've completely agreed, but with my level of skill, I've been taken out quite a few times by stunned opposition, not to mention the times I've stunned myself (And been gunned down following) :D

lol people with flashbangs are easy to kill, just let them see you in 1 spot then quickly move to somewhere you wont get flashed and then surprise them when they are like wtf where did he go :P

It's easy with Bug as well, because:

A: He's just respawned somewhere and is just throwing flashbangs all over the map without looking, so there is no real danger to yourself unless your with one of his team mates, or

B: After he flash bangs you, he runs in a straight line at you blazing with the shotgun, so he's easy to pick off or to get a quick knife in there.

lol at running in a straight line.

I would like to play a game or two with you guys, sounds like you all have fun without having to be to serious about getting kills and points.

No it doesn't really matter who wins. We all just have good fun and get pissed.

Especially Darkmatter, then he starts laughing at his own deaths, Laz gets a bit upset sometimes over being killed by my knife when I do my patented 'run up and stab without getting hit' but still joins in on laughing.

Just remember.

Vote YES on: Vote - Kick Pie.

Many laughs.

Does anyone class the Barret as a noob weapon? its nearly always 1 shot kill and has a degree of difficulty to aim due to its recoil and being semi-auto although it was one of my favorite sniping guns for a long time with silenced usp, bandolier, stopping power, iron lungs and camo suite.

actually, of all the snipers its the hardest to use imo (except MAYBE the dragunov), tho the noob snipers just flock to it because its big and sounds cool and does lots of damage (even tho its not a one hit kill until you have stopping power). all the good snipers use the M40 in my experience (i certainly do, or i use the M21 and use it more like an assualt rifle).

the noob sniper would be the M21 because you can spam it a bit as it has next to no recoil.

any of the snipers are one-hit-kills unless you dont have stopping power on, or the enemy has juggernaught on.

EDIT: this Xfire group seems awesome too, sounds like a good excuse to get in some much needed practice :P

Edited by Spider-Man

or i use the M21 and use it more like an assualt rifle

yea with an acog scope the m21 becomes a much more useful short-medium range sniper rifle.

or i use the M21 and use it more like an assualt rifle

yea with an acog scope the m21 becomes a much more useful short-medium range sniper rifle.

who said anything about acog??

my m21 kit is:

bandolier

stopping power

dead silence

M21 with no add-ons

Usp .45 with no add-ons

my m40 kit is slightly differant perks wise, but i do something completely differant with it

bandolier

stopping power

deep impact

m40 with no add-ons

USP .45 with no add-ons

of all the kits i use my favourite is:

bomb squad

stopping power

extreme conditioning

AK-47 with no add-ons

USP .45 with no add-ons

lol at no add ons, you don't even use red dot sight? or silencers? but seriously try the m21 with ACOG i swear its like the M1 I think its called but has less bullets and no recoil.

Edited by nesquick

i might have to do that nes..

i just prefer the iron sights over the red dot most of the time. i use the silencer on both weapons on one of my kits, but usually no. silencers arent that usefull in most hardcore games anyway.

another of my favourite kits is:

bandolier

stopping power

steady aim

G36c with acog

USP .45 with no add-ons

and this is my silenced one:

bandolier

stopping power

dead silence

AK-74/u with silencer

USP .45 with silencer

ak74u *cringes*

the only good sub machine guns are the mp5 and the p90 and even then you always get called a noob for using p90 cause people cant hack the 50 bullet magazine.

iy you really want to get them raging get the RPD and add the hand grip which makes very accurate and lay down in a corner somewhere, you can get up to 70 kills in one round sometimes also get the first semi auto sniper rifle and get the acog scope for it and start using it like a m21 (i think its called) without recoil and with more power.

other guns that make pub noobs rage:

m16 with red dot sight

m4 with silencer

mp5 with silencer

barret 50cal in the hands of an expert sniper

first bolt action rifle

all this talk of COD4 has got me wanting to play it again :D

<3 mp5 with silencer....so many noobs go off at people who can control shooting until the time is right and hiding in grass ;D

I have hidden in the grass on creek with nothing more than a silenced usp and killed about 15 people before they figured out where it was coming from.

Edited by nesquick