Kimmo

Joint seems pretty dead lately...

I'm worried there's a tipping-point in the offing...

Anyone else notice it's been a bit dull around here?

: /

I thought I'd noticed the opposite....

There has been an increase in new members signing up.

If you want spice, check out some of the tech areas. They can get fiery down there ;)

If you want spice, check out some of the tech areas. They can get fiery down there ;)

Well, after this evening's experience, I don't plan to start threads in them anymore ;)

This isn't the only place on the net that's passed a hump. Several other joints I visit have had an exodus of older or more helpful members.

You may just have to bite the bullet and behave yourself on OCAU if you want a larger place to hang :P

You may just have to bite the bullet and behave yourself on OCAU if you want a larger place to hang :P

They do seem a little more technically aware over there. Somewhat narrower in their interests, though.

Anyone else notice it's been a bit dull around here?

does seem to be that way to me as well.

Often mid week I'll scan down the board index and a good number of forums won't have recorded a post for 1-2 days.

I usually browse the Green, Events, Tech, Portable, Audio, Storage and Photography forums, and cycle time to cover 7 forums is down to under 10 minutes these days, lucky to make one post - a far cry from about a year ago when most proper visits took 30-40 minutes and involved a couple of posts.

don't really know for sure.

My unsubstantiated gut feeling is that the tech sections never quite survived the sudden and unexpected changeover to V3 - immediately archiving all in-progress threads and reorganising the forums seemed to kill those forums for a couple of months - Unlike the green room's high volume, they work on multi-week discussions, with typically only a few new ones starting each day. The change over killed all momentum, and it seems some people didn't hang around after they died for a month or two.

Green room still seems to move ok, and has always gone through cycles where there feel of the place and the type of discussions changes from time to time - driven buy the people, the politics of the day, general current events and of course the school/uni terms.

My unsubstantiated gut feeling is that the tech sections never quite survived the sudden and unexpected changeover to V3 - immediately archiving all in-progress threads and reorganising the forums seemed to kill those forums for a couple of months

It's funny you should say that.

I lurked for maybe a month in the old forums, but only got an account with Atomic a month after the Innovision forum got set up.

I found myself going back to the archive of the old forums for a while looking for answers to technical stuff, because there was bugger-all in the new technical forums.

So I think maybe you are right.

We ought to get that spammer, Virtuoso back!

Well, I would sure as hell appreciate that. Even better if "The Big O" would come back as well.

But I don't think spam is what Atomic needs more of. I get enough of that in my inbox already, thanks.

@~thehung: geez that's a bit harsh, innit?

harsh? more like inspirational!

ya see, despite your criticism, i will keep carrion on.

btw, who is "The Big O"? Orestes?

Most likely.

I've probably been a bit absent myself, under the tyrannical yoke of my other half who doesn't have interweb access :P

You tell me. Maybe the ghost of Roy Orbison used to visit this website? I picked it up from the first comment that Twinnair left on my profile page.

But since then I've also been accused of being at least four other people who used to come this forum at one time.

I found all the nudging and winking quite humorous ... until people started getting stuck into me for posting something inconsistent with what those four people used to post. It gets a little too much being held accountable for the historical statements of people you don't even know and whose opinions you're not familiar with.

I was toying with the idea of impersonating one of them fully. But to be honest, sounds too much like hard work.

Edit: "nuding". If only LOL.

Edited by just_some_guy

I dunno, Orestes would have outed himself by now. Made reference to living on the north end of Queensland or announced himself as a Greek who gets mistaken for a terrorist or talked about raving and phat pants or something. And coming back as an alt doesn't really seem like Virt's style.