Kimmo

Joint seems pretty dead lately...

while post counts may matter to some, I don't think it does for the majority, and I don't believe it impacts on the WOYM thread.

Wow, there are now 4 threads about WOYM :P

And you had a hand in that! Of course the original is STILL the best :)

I find it rather amazing how such a small thing has brought out such large issues, about more fundamental workings of Atomic too.

FWIW: In today's Atomic postcounts mean bubkas.

Rob.

I think it's good to have a discussion about the workings of the forum. I also think it's worthwhile to look at trends and other issues, which is why I posted about the WOYM thread and the Pro Boards idea... They are both responses to changes in the type of communication used by members.

And it's equally important that we, the custodians of the site hear all this stuff, even if there are times we can only shrug and say "we wish!".

But all feedback is useful feedback, and the level and passion of the feedback on this issue is certainly worthy of note in itself, and indicative of an area where Atomic can grow and adapt.

Yes I do. Completely.

I'll go slow for you.

People treat their post counts like a score...

Add the time delay function to the PM and Visitor books, say, no access to them for 7 days or so....stops PM spamers and pedos most of the time.

Get rid of post count based labels , hero blahblahblah

hmm, hang on a min, i just repeated myself... what part of this dont you get ?

p.s. Imply im a retard once again champ. go on.

Once again eveln please don't paint me with the same brush that you seem to want to paint everyone with.

I do not give a shit about my postcount. Set it to zero. I do not care. I post, and post infrequently, because I want to. 90% of the time I lurk.

Hi Catmosphere.

Have just logged on. Um.... you've mistaken me for lo-fi version.

I've personally had nothing to do with any discussion concerning post counts.

Have just hit the 3 month mark here, and slow though it may seem, still consider myself a noob.

Am really not at all sure why you have a problem with me . We may have different ideas, but I have no intention

of painting you with any brush. I barely know anything about you, nor you me.

Hope this clears things up. :)

Yes I do. Completely.

I'll go slow for you.

People treat their post counts like a score...

Add the time delay function to the PM and Visitor books, say, no access to them for 7 days or so....stops PM spamers and pedos most of the time.

Get rid of post count based labels , hero blahblahblah

hmm, hang on a min, i just repeated myself... what part of this dont you get ?

p.s. Imply im a retard once again champ. go on.

Once again eveln please don't paint me with the same brush that you seem to want to paint everyone with.

I do not give a shit about my postcount. Set it to zero. I do not care. I post, and post infrequently, because I want to. 90% of the time I lurk.

....Hope this clears things up. :)

It sure does, eveln/lo-fi version.

Edited by laptirp

The post above pisses me off.

Don't worry 'bout it, lo-fi version. laptirp's either bored or shit stirring....probably both...

maybe it's humour

...nothing to see here..move on ! :)

edit: it

Edited by eveln