Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
orcone

Nearly die? Post about it on Atomic!

As the nature of these things go, the only logical thing to do is let Atomic know. This happened at around 8:45am this morning.

I live on Merrylands Road which is very busy during the morning and afternoon rush. Traffic piling up and honking cars, the usual scenario.

I had just dropped my sister off at school and was pulling into my driveway. As I was making my way into the driveway I look behind me to see a car cut in front of another, which causes another car (big Holden Commodore) to veer off the road to avoid a collision.

"Shit", I think.

I then realise this car has mounted the kerb and is spinning over the front yard towards me at 60kmh.

"..."

Without realising it, I put my foot on the accelerator, grip the steering wheel tight and fly down the driveway to avoid getting pulverised. The car spins across the driveway, missing me by literally a few centimetres and ends up in the neighbour's front yard. I jump out of the car and see if the guys are alright. They were shaken up, but fine. Car had scratches down the side and the two tyres on the right hand side were shredded.

After a minute, another car pulls up and a lady gets out saying she followed the car that cut the Commodore off and got their license plate.

Sensing there wasn't much more I could do, as they were handling it themselves, I walk back to my car and look inside.

Disaster.

My McDonalds hotcakes were thrown around the car after my sudden acceleration.

So, now I'm sitting here, eating my breakfast while contemplating what has just happened.

Have a good day you lot.

hmm I don't think you would have died from being rear-ended unless you were in front of a gas tank. :-P

Whilst it would have damaged the back end of your car I doubt you would have died :P

I would have lost all my hotcakes.

I would have died.

I should clarify. If I hadn't of moved off quickly, it seems likely the cars would met side to side and pushed me across the driveway into some trees.

Whilst it would have damaged the back end of your car I doubt you would have died :P

I would have died.

You have until 10.30 to get more!

Now, if it happened at 10.15..............

I would have died.

I should clarify. If I hadn't of moved off quickly, it seems likely the cars would met side to side and pushed me across the driveway into some trees.

Which would then cause some psycho environmentalists come to bash you to death for harming their precious trees?

Pics or it didn't happen!

Where the car mounted the kerb:

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kerbou3.jpg

Path it took as it spun, I was in the middle of that arrow: (strangely no awesome skid marks though)

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pathlf8.jpg

Where the car ended up, and the state of its tyres:

http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=commodoreum1.jpg

The only hotcake to survive:

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lasthotcakexp3.jpg

You may not have died but it would have been freaky as shit man :( Luck is on your side today go buy a lotto ticket

How fast was he going to mount a kerb and spin?! I've seen the aftermath of something similiar... old falcon spun several times in the wet after coming down a sloping corner, mounted the kerb hit a pole and quite literally spun around the pole. that was some carnage.

hmm, so you dropped you sister off at school, didn't have an accident and spilled shit all over you car. I think the lesson here is obvious. P