Sign in to follow this  
xfu

A little game I've been working on

Hello,

I'm posting this cause I like to pimp out my work and get it seen/played :D

First off - this is a commercial project, which I was involved in at my full time job. It's a game for Lynx Deodorant - a 100% promotional game. I've spoken to three different mods about posting this thread and they are cool with it as long as I'm clear about what it is. We do non commercial games as well, but this just happens to be what I've been doing most recently.

A few people worked on this - I developed the game engine and did most of the animation.

It's a lighthearted, completely politically incorrect, bit of random fun (hopefully :D ). It's a database driven pseudo MMO. It isn't turn-based, but it's also only loosely synced between clients (very loosely actually)

We've never really done anything like it til now, and may explore the engine further down the line for other things.

I'm definitely interested to see how the interaction comes together when the world gets more populated (it's a giant world with currently few occupants)

So if you wanna check it out...take it for what it is...no serious responses needed, just throwing it out there :)

Hope there's not too much hate :|

I absolutely love game dev and I had a lot of fun making this.

Cheers :)

z

Edited by xfu

hey this looks like it could be great, too bad i get stopped at the signup.

The confirm keeps going red and wont process.

At first I thought it was for my email, because its directly below it and spaced from password.

But then realised its most likely for password conformation.

fixed lol.

Hey, that claymation looks like the same european mob that did the Gogs back about 15 years ago.

Posted Image

Edited by moofactory

Gogs!

Mannn I loved those shorts. Don't know if it's the same guys but yeah the style is similar.

It's been a pretty fun concept (the original ad) to work off.

just a little gripe, but if you are going to give people an option to input their mobile phone number, you should have a link right next to it telling them a) why they should give their number b) what you are going to use it for.

otherwise noone is going to give you their number.

just a little gripe, but if you are going to give people an option to input their mobile phone number, you should have a link right next to it telling them a) why they should give their number b) what you are going to use it for.

otherwise noone is going to give you their number.

I don't think it's for anything except potential prize winners. Just leave it blank :P

It's note a required field.

I didn't handle that part of the site, but I can tell you there's zero interest in personal information.

We don't do marketing, just production/development.

You can only scroll so far before you have to move to see further. There are literally one million tiles (1000x1000) in our world map and you really don't want your browser taking all that of data in one hit :)

Edited by xfu

You can only scroll so far before you have to move to see further. There are literally one million tiles (1000x1000) in our world map and you really don't want your browser taking all that of data in one hit :)

probably not. i just got stuck with the world map "loading" for about 5 mins. is there some kind of check to make sure its loaded every once in a while?

might wanna add one if there isnt ;)

otherwise, good game. basic, but functional.