Sign in to follow this  
mudmanor

apogee rosetta 800 0r ?(somthing less expencive)

i bought myself a A.K.G C414XLII but i compared it with my old rode mic an the are pretty much the same because i dont have a very good ad/da converter and was wonder if there was anything better for the price than the apogee rosetta 800????

thanks mudmanor :)

P.S has anyone tryed the lynx aurora 8? is it any good if it is please reply :):):)

I love the C414, but only because of its versatility, not because its sound is amazing. It sounds good, but its not phenomenally better than most mid priced mics.

If you are on a Mac, get an Apogee Duet. Great for the price, good quality conversion. You should be aware that gains in sound quality go in the order of mic, pre, then converters. Maybe you cant expect your mic to sound totally different through a Rosetta, Duet, or whatever you buy.... unless your current interface is an Mbox II (:

Edited by komuso

I love the C414, but only because of its versatility, not because its sound is amazing. It sounds good, but its not phenomenally better than most mid priced mics.

If you are on a Mac, get an Apogee Duet. Great for the price, good quality conversion. You should be aware that gains in sound quality go in the order of mic, pre, then converters. Maybe you cant expect your mic to sound totally different through a Rosetta, Duet, or whatever you buy.... unless your current interface is an Mbox II (:

+ 1 on the Apogee Duet if you're running a Mac with Firewire capabilites.