relativenewbie

Headphones

Hi,

A friend of mine has recently moved into a shared rental house,and so he thinks having a decent set of headphones for his computer seems like the way to go.

He doesn't really want to spend a lot of money on the headphones and plans to use them when playing games or listening to music on his computer.

I was wondering if anyone thinks it is actually possible to spend $60 on a set of headphones and get a decent sound out of them?

relative newbie

i love my set of plantronics audio 370's.

they are without a doubt the most comfortable headphones i have ever owned, but they are a little too bassy for my liking. you can get a set of them for around the $40 to $50 mark, so check those out as well.

Land lubber, I be dis'greein with them thar claims.

Plantronics headsets as ye say, 'ave too much thump for me likin, as they be gamin headphones, yarr.

Also, they arrrent built near'y as well as them thar sennheisers. I be suggestin ye stick with tha 202's matey, set sail to a JB. They always be havin a stand where ye can try befarr ye buy.

202s are good value for money. Be warned, the bass is a little on the 'muddy' side though. They also clamp to your head pretty hard for a while initially (gets better over time though).

For some other options, http://www.headphones.com.au is an excellent place to start.

Land lubber, I be dis'greein with them thar claims.

Plantronics headsets as ye say, 'ave too much thump for me likin, as they be gamin headphones, yarr.

Also, they arrrent built near'y as well as them thar sennheisers. I be suggestin ye stick with tha 202's matey, set sail to a JB. They always be havin a stand where ye can try befarr ye buy.

Posted Image

NOW STOP TALKING LIKE A PIRATE, ITS HARD TO READ!!!

oh, and i havent had a problem with the build quality of mine yet, and ive taken them to lans and all sorts of places where they have been abused.

though, having said that, ive only had them 3 months or so.