ahsoka

Battle of the browsers

How many polls can this guy churn out!?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite web browser?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Safari
    • Chrome
    • Flock
    • Netscape Navigator (it's officially dead, but who cares? It still rocks!)
    • Ice Weasel
    • Opera
    • Konqueror
    • Other
    • What's a web browser?
    • John Howard

So, which browser takes the crown? My personal favourite is Chrome. /wonders how much longer it will be until the Linux and Mac versions are released

But enough of hearing what I think - what's your favourite?

Edited by ahsoka

Windows Explorer cannot be an internet browser, if you whack an internet address into the address bar, it starts Internet Explorer in the same window.

Windows Explorer cannot be an internet browser, if you whack an internet address into the address bar, it starts Internet Explorer in the same window.

So that's why it works. /changes poll

I had some fun beta testing Chrome. I used it for a while, and it was really unstable. I let Google know through online forms etc. (and automatically submitting crash reports). Then it left beta, but was still unstable. So I stopped using it for a while. I've started using the latest version, and it's perfectly stable.

Thanks to the beta testing I feel a real connection to Chrome, like I helped to make it. I should beta-test software more often :D

ok don't hit me, i have been using FF for the last few months since the reinstall, well it was on the lappy since the get go, but not on my machine, i had opera for years, and since using FF these past months i have come to not like it again, it used to be good to me, but i now find it slower than opera used to be, and am pondering going back to opera, i prolly will, i did use chrome for a bit, but its not really worthy yet, and as for others well i havent used any of them really, i use IE if i am forced to by lame site that only support IE. i did use safari fo windows a bit, actually quite nice, maybe i'll go there instead of opera, give it a go.

ok don't hit me, i have been using FF for the last few months since the reinstall, well it was on the lappy since the get go, but not on my machine, i had opera for years, and since using FF these past months i have come to not like it again, it used to be good to me, but i now find it slower than opera used to be, and am pondering going back to opera, i prolly will, i did use chrome for a bit, but its not really worthy yet, and as for others well i havent used any of them really, i use IE if i am forced to by lame site that only support IE. i did use safari fo windows a bit, actually quite nice, maybe i'll go there instead of opera, give it a go.

Firefox has some neat features though, like typing stuff and it will take you to a relevent site or article or MySpace profile or IMDB or whatever. Typing 'ahsoka' takes you to the article about Ahsoka Tano on Wookieepedia.

Opera > every other browser.

Safe, fast, neat and sexy.

It didn't seem that fast last time I used it. But hey, that's just me.

Firefox, without a doubt.

It has an aging codebase, and other browsers are starting to surpass it, but for me it just works. Every page is displayed correctly, and being able to extend my browser is now something I require.

This is why opera is not a serious contender. That, and forcing standards rather than displaying the page correctly.

one thing that has bugged me about FF is the memory leaks [is that what they're called ?] sometimes i use FF for a few hours, up to 10 sometimes, not all the time but sometimes i have it using over 1gig or memory, this is seriously not good, on a rig with 2 gig this is bad.

Firefox, purely because of the plugins, otherwise it would be Chrome.

But I need Greasmonkey, Flashblock, Net Usage Item, Tamper Data & StumbleUpon.

Rob.

I like using the same web browser on all platforms. For me the platforms I use are:

• Windows/i386
  • Linux/AMD64
  • Linux/i386
  • Linux/MIPS

What web browsers run on all of these? Konqueror and Mozilla Firefox. The latter being better supported by websites.

Edited by Redhatter

I like using the same web browser on all platforms. For me the platforms I use are:

• Windows/i386
  • Linux/AMD64
  • Linux/i386
  • Linux/MIPS

What web browsers run on all three? Konqueror and Mozilla Firefox. The latter being better supported by websites.

Konqueror runs on Windows?

Okay I admit it, I voted for IE, mostly because when I tried using FF I couldnt get the thing to work.

Okay so I could have voted for John Howard (wait... WHAT?!) but I know how to use IE and I can get it to do what I want it to do, hence, it gets my vote.

EDIT: mostly spelling and grammar

Edited by argotha

Okay so I could have voted for John Howard (wait... WHAT?!) but I know how to use IE and I can get it to do what I want it to do, hence, it gets my vote.

Who do you trust?

We will decide which browsers come into this thread, and the circumstances in which they come.

Edited by ahsoka

• Windows/i386
  • Linux/AMD64
  • Linux/i386
  • Linux/MIPS

What web browsers run on all three? Konqueror and Mozilla Firefox. The latter being better supported by websites.

Also Opera.

Also Opera.

Really? Where do I download the MIPS version of Opera or its source code?

Huh. No idea. I remember a press release that they mentioned a MIPS version, which was probably for proprietary version.

I'm rocking Firefox because it has a Clip To OneNote extension that Chrome was missing.

I still love Chrome tho'.