ne()phyte

Atomic Camera Club Roll Call

Amateur + Collector (of old manual lenses)

Digital Bodies:

Pentax K10D + Pentax *istDS

Film Bodies:

Pentax MZ-5 + Pentax ME-Super

AF lenses:

Pentax-FA 20-35/f4

Pentax-DA 14/f2.8, Pentax-FA 28/f.28, Pentax-FA50/f1.4, Pentax-FA 50/f2.8 Macro, Pentax-FA135/f2.8

Sigma 17-70/f2.8-4.5, Sigma 70-300/f4-5.6

Tamron 28-75/f2.8, Tamron AF 90/f2.8 Macro

Manual lenses (I do use these but more for collection):

Zenitar 16/f2.8 Fish-eye, Tokina 17/f3.5, Pentax-K 24/f2.8, Pentax-M 28/f3.5, Pentax-M 50/f1.7,

Pentax-K 55/f1.8, Pentax-K 85/f1.8, Pentax-M 100/f2.8, Pentax-K 135/f2.5, Pentax-M 200/f4

Hey Ive got the Pentax-K 135mm f/2.5 too, nice lens, I use mine :)

Edited by Athiril

Amateur + Collector (of old manual lenses, just started collecting)

Body's

Nikon f55

Pentax K20D

Auto focus lenses

Sigma DC 17-70 2.8-4.5

SIGMA 10-20 mm F4-5.6 DC EX Lens

Pentax smc FA 50mm 1:1.4

Manual focus lenses

Takumar 1:4/200MM

Edited by battlefield_gir

Hello, I be Cereal_port

New to SLR, amateur and random, though seem to shy away from portraits because I am never ever happy with the results.

Cameras:

• Fuji Finepix A330. Old, battered, reliable, and handy.
  • Nikon D80 with a Nikkor AF-S DX 18-200mm. My first SLR, still getting to know it.
1 gallery with pics I am almost happy with, well, happy enough to admit to taking anyway.

My Flickr thingamajig

As others have said in their posts, any constructive criticism, comments and advice is welcome as the collection grows.

Mac Dude :D

Rank hammerchewer.

Using his daughter's Pentax K10D with SMC Pentax DA 1:(22) 16-45mm ED-AL (I think that's the glass bit).

Mainly Holiday & family outing snaps. I've only really just started to play with the camera, so I'm learning heaps. I use Adobe Lightroom for post processing.

Fredzfrog.

Enthusiastic amateur with a fuji 9500. not bad, it does the job...

images.fredzfrog.net/photography

it's been my primary camera since i retired my old canon a400 in december 2006.

Taken a few great landscapes... people say i have a good eye for photography. i put it down to taking lots of pics and then removing the bad ones so i look better :P I also like the events, i like taking those shots.. but the landscapes allways turn out better.

looking for my next upgrade tho, dpreview has me wanting the nikon D90.. 4.5 fps burst mode sounds good to me... :D

Mac Dude :D

Rank hammerchewer.

Using his daughter's Pentax K10D with SMC Pentax DA 1:(22) 16-45mm ED-AL (I think that's the glass bit).

Mainly Holiday & family outing snaps. I've only really just started to play with the camera, so I'm learning heaps. I use Adobe Lightroom for post processing.

And an update!

Our original Canon digital happy snapper has been having problems (like the front door falling off), so we decided to replace that during the after Chrisy sales. Picked up a Canon Ixus 90IS 10MP which is a nice pocket sized unit. My only regret is that it doesn't have RAW format the old one used to. Seems most manufacturers have removed that from entry level cameras.

Anyway, it will make a nice addition to the Pentax...

Edited by Mac Dude

H3VIW8 aka Dallas - Sony A200 10.2 Mp twin lens kit 18-70mm + 75-300mm, 4Gb CF, no extras yet, I want to get a macro soon, but free cash is holding me back, also a few filters, colour etc, I take pictures of anything and everything. I like abstract stuff, weird angles etc.

I was kind of annoyed at my choice at first, in respect to the number of lenses i could use, but was told after i can use minolta/sigma etc with it, I havent really been looking, but will soon hopefully.

RAW support is dissapearing from most compacts. You'd have to spend about $700 for a compact with raw support, and even then your choices are limited - Canon G10, Nikon p6000 or Panasonic LX3. The thing is, you don't really need it these days. The resolution gain is often minimal, given the advances in image processing. And many enthusiest cameras will often let you tone down or turn off things like file compression, noise reduction, contrast and saturation. The only real advantage of RAW is that it allows you to reset the white balence of an image, if the AWB got it wrong. But only a moron would use AWB.

RAW support is dissapearing from most compacts. You'd have to spend about $700 for a compact with raw support, and even then your choices are limited - Canon G10, Nikon p6000 or Panasonic LX3. The thing is, you don't really need it these days. The resolution gain is often minimal, given the advances in image processing. And many enthusiest cameras will often let you tone down or turn off things like file compression, noise reduction, contrast and saturation. The only real advantage of RAW is that it allows you to reset the white balence of an image, if the AWB got it wrong. But only a moron would use AWB.

I use AWB, but only when I'm running around different locations :P Time spent adjusting the WB at the site might cost me more (plus lost opportunities) compared to the time spent in Photoshop adjusting the WB. Although not using AWB does help with consistency and workflow.

But if I'm under consistent lighting then I'll definitely use a predefined WB, usually the Kelvin scale (I should really get some gray cards).

Amateur here.

I'd like to join. I've been a somewhat long member here, but have been gone awhile. almost since the new site change.. it hurts my eyes.

Anyways I now have the Nikon D40 (I'm new to Photography ok)

with the kit lens. the 18-55mmG ED AF-S DX lens

Also have the 18-105mm VR the D90 kit lens.

then I just got the 55-200mm VR also.

I am about to get the SB-600 soon, and I love my 18-105mm lens the most at the moment. it's a great all around lens.

Please add me to the Club.

Thanks! I'll post some photo's soon.

I'd also like to join the club.

Morris. Amatuer and self-confessed Cam Whore

Most people have encountered my Canon S3IS. In fact some of my photos have been in Atomic Magazine.

Many photos I just dump onto http://www.ebilmorris.com/

Someday I'll make an interface. For now it's a photo dumping ground.

I've only had my S3IS since around April 08, but I've already taken several thousand photos with it.

Most photos are of drunk fun people in their natural habitat.

Chuck me on the list too...Antraman, amateur (with mild aspirations of being famous one day).

Kit: Nikon D80 body with LCD battery grip, Nikkor 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR and Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D lens, Velbon Sherpa tripod, Velbon Super Mag Slider, Aputure electronic cable release/timer control, IR Remote control, plus assortment of filters, diopters, chargers, batteries and cards etc all squeezed into a Lowepro Nova 4 baggie...but no cleaning gear!

Processing: Adobe Lightroom, Paintshop Pro Photo X2, couple of small programs like Focusmagic, Panoweaver, Photomatix etc.

Subjects: Varied, candid, mostly artistic focus; portaits, landscapes, items or scenes of interest - don't like composite shots or stuff added that is not seen by the eye or the camera at the time of shot

Webpage: http://www.shiftreload.com.au/users/astral...raphy/index.htm

I wouldnt mind a Panasonic GX1 mm.

A G1 you mean? I want one so bad :(

I'm saving for one at the moment :)

I wouldnt mind a Panasonic GX1 mm.

A G1 you mean? I want one so bad :(

I'm saving for one at the moment :)

Thats the one :D

I totally want to whack on a Canon L FD 800mm f/5.6 on it, they can be had for under $2k :D

I love Panny's stuff :P

What about this 250mm f/2.0?

Posted Image

Posted Image

or 350mm f/2.8? :D

Posted Image

Edited by Athiril

can i ask why i wasnt added to the roundup, did i not qualify or something lol.

just nitpicking.

page 2

Edited by h3viw8

m4/3 is the way of the future, supposing they make a decent set of lenses for it, which is not likely within the next two years. The current two are "ok", but only marginally better than any fixed lens prosumer zoomer. Both zooms rely heavilly on in camera alterations to fix excessive distortion and CA, and this also applies to raw files. I'll wait till they release a 15mm f1.8

Meanwhile, I picked up a Pentax K200D for $579, plus a Sandisk Ultra 1GB, Da 40mm ltd ($394) and Da 70mm ltd($566). Bargain. Looking to get either the Da 21mm, or if Uncle Kevin coughs up any time soon, a Zeiss ZK 25mm. \^-^/