Sign in to follow this  
seanbatty

4670 the best card out full stop

im writing this because i recently purchsed 1 for $130. well 2 for 260 but i want my pc to look nice and brag rights for crossfire. but my mobo only supports 1 till my new 1 arrives, but im amazed at the preformance of 1. it looks as good as a friends gtx260 he is pissed he spent $500 on one. we both run 24in monitors and agree that the 4670 (HIS turbo 512) is a fantastic card i had two 8600gt and it kills them. why spend 500 on a card that also struggles with crysis and farcry 2. both cards cant run them in full high settings. so either go all out or buy this card.Posted Image

(gazes lovingly at HD4870X2) er, I'll go all out, thanks.

;)

yeah nice, its either all out or this card why bother with 9800gtxs and 9800gts and 4830s when this cards half the price and goes great guns. cross fire them for better preformance than a gtx260 and they dont need power, split them for 2 pcs or sell one and use the other while saving for a big boy. there awesome. not the best benchmarkers but games the exel in. benchmarks are shit to play anyway.

I'd get one but my current 8800GS/9600GSO is too close for performance to justify buying a new card.

I'll be getting something faster for the next PC anyway.

its not really worth it anymore, considering the 4830 isn't much more but performs much better.

but that is the way the tech world rolls.

its not really worth it anymore, considering the 4830 isn't much more but performs much better.

It's rather crowded in that price area with nVidia's 9600GT and 9600GSO competing with the HD4670 and HD4830.

The HD4830 looks like the winner here (being a crippled HD4870 I think)

It's rather crowded in that price area with nVidia's 9600GT and 9600GSO competing with the HD4670 and HD4830.

The HD4830 looks like the winner here (being a crippled HD4870 I think)

i agree the 4830 is another great card but its 180ish you can get a 4670 for 110 or even alittle less, thats another 4gb of ram or a nice cpu cooler or even a upgrade from a 19in lcd to a 22inch lcd 70 dollars is not much to go 1 up but its alot when you can get a dvd burner, 2gb ram and a 8gb usb stick for a few frames. preformance is still fantastic in games cant wait to cross fire them. but yes im sure if i invested in 4830s i would be just as happy and talking about the 4850. but for a budget card this is it, 9600gso needs power these dont.

I have a 4670. It's good, except for the high pitch sounding fan, to which you have no control over.

I thought the later Catalyst drivers gave you more fan control?

I have a 4670. It's good, except for the high pitch sounding fan, to which you have no control over.

I thought the later Catalyst drivers gave you more fan control?

Not when it's a two pin fan connector. :)

yeah those cards are nice, low on power consumption to from what i've heard, their a real "bang for ya buck" card, especially in future plans ya can go out and get another one and crossfire

Lol at the assumption of it being the best card on the market.

HD4870 1gb is the best card on the market ;)

By the way 2 low end cards in crossfire are never as good as 1 highend card ie: spending $260 on 2 low end cards to me is a waste of money when you could get something like HIS ICEQ HD4850 for that amount of money and I can guarantee it would perform much better.

edit: sorry to sound arrogant but its just general experience.

Edited by nesquick

Lol at the assumption of it being the best card on the market.

HD4870 1gb is the best card on the market ;)

By the way 2 low end cards in crossfire are never as good as 1 highend card ie: spending $260 on 2 low end cards to me is a waste of money when you could get something like HIS ICEQ HD4850 for that amount of money and I can guarantee it would perform much better.

edit: sorry to sound arrogant but its just general experience.

im also getting 8gb of ram and then 4 640gb hard drives and then im splitting it in half and buying new case and selling two computers and upgrading. but for a while it will be beastyish

If youre only going for Aesthetics, then sure, but if you're looking for performance then its not even close.

Edited by nukejockey

I havn't seen any bechmarks on cf hd4670, but my pair of 9600gt's normally come in between the hd4870 and the gtx260, and i got both for just $240 a good $20 less than what you paid.

I havn't seen any bechmarks on cf hd4670, but my pair of 9600gt's normally come in between the hd4870 and the gtx260, and i got both for just $240 a good $20 less than what you paid.

True, but doesn't your 9600gt cards require 6pin power connectors? The 4670 does not need any external power connectors and they throttle down the gpu usage in the desktop to extremely low levels for great power usage.

The 4670 certainly is my favorite pick for low end market, he is right, they are not the best benchmarkers but play games great!

Is the 4670 low profile and good for a htpc setup? cause i'm look at putting one together.

Is the 4670 low profile and good for a htpc setup? cause i'm look at putting one together.

nope, lowest profile decent card is that 9600gt I think albatron made.

In general the 4670 in Crossfire is equal to that of a single 4850. But Crossfire 4670's are only for bragging rights, it's slightly more expensive than a single 4850. I'd only get 2 4670's for looks not performance. Definitely the pick of the lower end market though. Absolutely creams the 9500GT.

But it's definitely not the best card out. 4890 is where the power is at =D

In general the 4670 in Crossfire is equal to that of a single 4850. But Crossfire 4670's are only for bragging rights, it's slightly more expensive than a single 4850. I'd only get 2 4670's for looks not performance. Definitely the pick of the lower end market though. Absolutely creams the 9500GT.

But it's definitely not the best card out. 4890 is where the power is at =D

Why would you get ANYTHING for looks :P

True, but doesn't your 9600gt cards require 6pin power connectors? The 4670 does not need any external power connectors and they throttle down the gpu usage in the desktop to extremely low levels for great power usage.

The 4670 certainly is my favorite pick for low end market, he is right, they are not the best benchmarkers but play games great!

Yes they both require a 6pin each, but i still think for price and performance there better (ofcourse that depends on if you'll need to buy a new psu). All gpu's throttle down when there not needed, and if you want to throttle it more its just a quick tweek in rivatuner.