Sign in to follow this  
phatbeat

Xbox 360 Network problems

Hi Guys,

I've just set up my 360 in a different room of my house, and I can't get xbox live to work. It is plugged into a standard ethernet hub that is powered. I do all the tests and everything comes up fine until it gets to the xbox live connection - fail. All the network settings are unchanged, my dmz is set up and the nat is open. It comes up with the status codes of:

w 0000 - 000B

x 0000 - F001

y 30A8 - 4840

z 0000 - 0000

I have just recently added two more things to my network, a TIVO box and a PS3, but I checked the IP address's on both and they are not clashing with the Xbox. Could it be the hub???

I have a feeling I will have to move the xbox back to the other room and do a direct feed to the modem.

Any help would be hot, I need to play COD4 this weekend, or I'll scream!!!!! (just slightly addicted)

Yeah, as stated, if its a Hub I would be wary.

Check the IP of the xbox and make sure it's on the right subnet and it complies to your nat & dmz rules.

Yeah it's just an old hub I used to take to LAN's. Not a router at all. All the IP's, dmz settings etc are ok.

There are no uplink ports. I will bring a proper switch home from work and give that a try. Should I plug the modem into the uplink port on the switch,or the 360?

All good, looks like the switch has done the job, thanks for everyone's help!!