Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
2nds1st

anyone here played GRID on PC?

i played the 360 version in EB for a teensy bit , i was wondering if the gameplay was as good as the graphics, which i found outstanding . the last car racing game i played was gran tourismo on the original PS.

2nds1st

I own it on PC and love it.. I play it with a wireless logitech controller and sometimes pretend it's a console game by running the PC to the bravia and amp.

AFAIK you can't use a game controller to navigate the menus which is the only grief I have with it...

Oh and my wife was a little put out by the female assistant chick referring to me by name.... She thought it a bit 'too familiar' :D

Chicks are funny.

Yeah I've got it too, i like it... even playing it with a keyboard is fine when you get used to it.

Online with friends using vent or ts can be pretty hilarious, too. :)

Runs quite nice maxed out on an HD3870, too.

Flawless, actually.

I use the Logitech Chill pad 360 controller to play.. and I can control EVERYTHING with it.. it's for sure a good buy. you'll enjoy it

get this game!

How much are they worth?

I'm not really into the 360 controller, though.

Speaking of "controllers" - Logitech G25 wheel, can it be used with both PC and PS3?

mad game mate.. and online play is great too, tho isnt as popular as some other FPS, but still great fun. dont play it on keyboard, but MS wireless controller works wonders for me. they cost like about $69 last time I got mine.

As superfireydave said.

The AI as usual can be too aggressive and your team mate can be a right utter twat and knock you off the track when you are in first place.

The game is rad codemasters are really getting there shit together from dirt. I played and finished dirt but it was a bit same same with variations of tracks GRID is similar but the different classes somewhat fix that (there is only like 40 cars to collect but still that isnt an easy task with a G25 it is a barrel of awesome! PS if anyone knows a cheaper place than Umart for a G25 $220 hook me up.

I am really looking forward to Fuel that looks amazing Fuel Debut Trailer SD / HD codemasters are really pumping the driving games out!

awesome, i would at first want to play a good driving game on my PC, B4 buying a ps2 for gran tourismo, glad to see a few peeps playing it , im getting it as soon as im able

2nds1st

Just spent the last 3 hours playing it on my new rig, with a logitech wheel. As others have said its not quite a racing sim, but its still very enjoyable. Graphics are pretty impressive as well.

I own the game (in more ways than one :P) and think it was well worth the money, and I can't even use the internet play.

You will get annoyed at it, you will swear... A lot. But you will still like it.

I rate GRID.

I own both the PC and PS3 versions.

You wont go wrong by picking it up... I find myself playing it more the GT5 Pro at the moment.

Does anyone know if a PC player can race online with a console player ?

Cheers.

As superfireydave said.

The AI as usual can be too aggressive and your team mate can be a right utter twat and knock you off the track when you are in first place.

Fully agree with everything you have said there mate.

I found the team mate to be totally useless in the destrucition derby races he just kept getting in the way.

The collisions that plagued the start of every single multi player Dirt race (when racing other drivers) The off road buggies would require 10 - 20 restarts just to get a clean run are gone... For the most part all of the AI in GRID follows a few pre-determined start of race patters for the first 30 seconds or so that changes based on how many places you cheakily try and steal by crashing through corner 1 a mach 3.

Grid is not a first corner race game you are best to think of it a proper long race stay tight and clean and use the farkin breaks! The other drivers crash and those team mate driver crashes are why they have the F12 option (an option that does'nt cost you much cash but does save your sanity)

*EDIT* When you start realising that you can F12 to save not only your position but your team mates and potentially for 1500 you can earn 100K plus for a team sponsor bonus you will be keeping a close eye on your teammate too. Upgrade your team mate often to the best available they make you a tonne of money!

*waits for Takoma's spooge to flow into the thread*

*spurts joyfully*

*In Hector's general direction*

I prefer V8 Supercars3, but GRiD's okay - don't know how you lot play it without a decent wheel, like the G25.

;)

We have elite keyboard tap!

I actually find steering wheels harder because they don't do a good job of emulating the real thing.. :/

the G25 is perfection! it is the real thing! I used to have a mOMO, but that was a PoS, I love the G25, the ripple strips feel real, you prang, it feels real, 'H' pattern gears or sequential, or paddles, clutch, stainless steel and leather bound 200deg steering by default _ I got mine for $310 - best money I ever spent for gaming pleasure.......well, along with my 28" screen....pure realism.

don't knock it till you try it!