Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

oh nice i had a look for stalker mods a while back but didnt find anything like this

Kung Fu Hung-Su,

re: artistpavels Stalker mod....

I didn't even know about that mod, what a stunner O_O

Thank you very much for the link.

I greatly appreciate it.

:-)

edit >------------------

Further to the above,

I've got it and I've patched it, and it's absolutely full of WIN101!!

This is a terrific mod.

An absolutely stunning treatment of the Stalker game.

It turns it into an almost, new game.

Fabulous stuff here guys.

If GSC had brought Stalker out like this, they would have owned the world.

:-)

Edited by pekkahead

Baldur's Gate 2

Widescreen Mod (664kb)

Untested by me. Allows Planescape:Torment, Baldur's Gate: Tales of the sword Coast, Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal, Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter and Icewind Dale II to be played at any resolution, provided that its X axis is greater or equal than 800 and the Y axis is greater or equal to 600 . Fullscreen works for any resolution supported by your graphic card, driver and screen. Otherwise, you can play the game windowed (except in TotSC and Ps:T, where you can't play the game windowed).

Tried this and it failed installation on the version I had, however after a bit of research, I found THIS link to a file that allows for easy patching of the bmain.exe file to play in 1440 x 900 (the native res of my 15" MacBook Pro). Now, while this mod worked, I noticed some glitching when playing, namely black squares overlaying the background/characters but behind animations. Doesn't always happen, but enough to be annoying. Also, when right-clicking on an item to view its stats, the graphic is corrupt. Other than that, works fine. I'd go so far as to say that even 1440 x 900 makes the graphics a bit too small to 1) see and 2) click on items/NPCs/etc.

Please note the graphical glitches I experienced could have something to do with the fact that I am running a) A Mac, b) Windows 7.7100 x64, or c) Non-WHQL nVidia drivers.

Deus Ex

Posted Image

High Definition Texture Pack (17.51mb)

High poly models and HD textures for many of the game artifacts, some previously only 32x32px, now 256x256px.

Will try this sometime tomorrow if I get a chance. Quite exciting. Edited by kunzie

Glad you guys like it! Gotta wonder though, just how much work do I have to put into a thread to get it stickied? The old thread got over 42000 views and was never stickied. =/

I'll just bump the shit out of it.

actually there was this stalker supper mod pack i found

These are a collection of many mods merged successfully to work with Oblivion Lost 2.2 1.0005

What's in the collection:

- Oblivion Lost 2.2 1.0005 reworked for Widescreen only! 1680X1050 or equivalent.

- Arsenal RC1 Merged Mod from Tugatoga

- Tristans Arsenal Merge OL2.2 Weapon Damage Mod

- Eggchen's Particle Mod

- Gnomus High rez Scopes Widescreen

- Ceano's Weapon's Mod and Light mod for OL2.2

- Photorealistic Zone;

Argus Texture collection mods & Panoramic Mod 2.1

- Many more smaller mods

http://www.moddb.com/mods/super-mod-pack

Supermod_Pack_v2.2.5_OL2.2_LITE.7z (877.9MB)

http://www.gamearena.com.au/downloads/deta...-super-mod-pack

http://games.on.net/file/25209/S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Super_Mod

Full mod 2 parts

SmP_v2.3_FULL.7z.001 755mb

http://files.filefront.com/SmP+v23+FULL7z0...;/fileinfo.html

SmP_v2.3_FULL.7z.002 750mb

http://files.filefront.com/SmP+v23+FULL7z0...;/fileinfo.html

hmm i have the light version when i really want the full for the extra textures and whatever else the light version is missing

Edited by Dasa

Deus Ex

Posted Image

High Definition Texture Pack (17.51mb)

High poly models and HD textures for many of the game artifacts, some previously only 32x32px, now 256x256px.

Will try this sometime tomorrow if I get a chance. Quite exciting.

Had this one on for some time. You won't be sorry, man.

Kunzie, what are you using to allow you to install BG on x64, im running 7 7051 (soon 7100) and i just cant get it to launch the installer. and it wont run without installing first.

Edited by Kommando

If your planning on playing Deus Ex again, i can also highly recommend the Shifter mod which smoothes out alot of the games rough gameplay edges :)

Added the STALKER SUPER Mod to the list. If it weren't for the fact that the mod is unbelievably massive, I would not have added it to the list because of its HORRENDOUS documentation. If I get some spare time I'll join the mod team and rewrite everything. <.<

I'll check out the Diablo 2 mods when I get a chance.

Awesome thread kungfu. Definitely +1 sticky.

I was up to community patch 1.6 with Gothic 3, and didn't realise a new one had been released. At 1.6 it was still pretty buggy, but 1.7 has 700+ fixes! I'm downloading now, and will post back with my install success or otherwise. Hopefully I won't lose my save games! :)

How about NWN2?

I haven't played around with the Goth3 Commpatch 1.7 very much, I've been busy with many other things, so your opinion would be appreciated :]

The likes of NWN, NWN2 and many other RPGs would be a great addition, but I don't own these games, so again, for those I'm reliant on the opinion of atomicans here.

EDIT: I've also removed the Fallout 2 Restoration project, as I felt that it was not up to the standard of the other mods posted.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

^ lol, thanks :]

I don't feel like spending a heap of money for new games, so for the time being I'll probably just be looking at mods for the 2006 STALKER, Fallout 1 & 2, Morrowind. I have scraps of a half written guide for morrowind just about written already, I'll probably find a place for it on the interwebs then link it here because the atomic forums have a ridiculous image limit imposed on our posts.

I've installed and been play testing the Gothic 3 commpatch 1.7 (with 1.71) today, and I can say it's gold.

I did lose all my save games when upgrading from commpatch 1.6, so be careful. I'd backed mine up before hand and am hopeful of finding a way to revive them, but it's no great loss if I can't.

First thing I noticed was much improved frame rates, and overall graphic quality. I was always getting strange texture tearing, popups and frame rate slow downs for no apparent reason at v1.6, but at 1.7 it seems to be solved. There's also more advanced detail settings available, but I didn't play much with those.

One of the biggest improvements I found was the combat. It's always been a bitch of a system, but this patch redoes the NPC combat AI. The AI is now a lot smarter then they used to be when in combat. I didn't find it much harder (at least on the easy setting I was playing), but it's certainly a lot more fulfilling. You can't just click-click-click-click-win any more. The AI parry ability seems to be much better used. It goes the other way too, where I didn't seem to be getting knocked down and gored to death by every wild boar I came across. You still get knocked down, but you seem to have a fighting chance of getting back up and continuing with the fight now.

There's also a big rebalance done with the skills, but I haven't played enough to see how this works out yet.

Both the rebalanced skills, and redone combat AI are switchable too, so you can stick with the original system if you'd prefer. The combat AI can be switched back and forth whenever you like, but the skill balancing has to be selected when you first start a new game.

General stability was great for the few hours I played, but I haven't really played enough to judge it properly yet.

Overall a great improvement. The game is generally much less frustrating, to the point where I'm actually feeling motivated to go back and play the game again! And that really is saying something. :)

Thanks for that! I think I'll link your little review in the thread :]

I notice also that Internode have put up a 1.72 version of the Gothic 3 Commpatch, but I can't find any mention of it on the World of Gothic forums which worries me. I'll look into this more later.

Never mind, "1.72" is just 1.7 and 1.71 combined. I've updated the links.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

here is a few fallout3 texture mods

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/modules/membe...x.php?id=309068

Megaton_Texture_Pack 9.95 out of 10 (93 ratings)

Rivet City Texture Pack 9.89 out of 10 (109 ratings)

Terrain pack 9.91 out of 10 (185 ratings)

Terrain_Pack_ROCKS_ADD_ON_PACK 9.89 out of 10 (55 ratings)

Replaces textures and bumpmaps for FALLOUT 3.The default game textures and bumpmaps and have a typical resolution of 512x512 pixels.These textures have all been replaced with real-world photograph-based equivalent textures,and you can choose 3 different resolutions to suit your PC.

* Max resolution (400% larger, Most detailed)

* High resolution (200% larger, Detailed)

* Default Resolution (same resolution as original textures, see screenshots)

Edited by Dasa

Thanks Dasa, adding a couple of others.

Posted Image

FilePlanet Fallout Mod Pack V3

Adds new poses, the Sexy Pandora Companion, GreenWorld, AlexScorpions Sniper Gear, tight fitting leather armour for games with the BABE body replacer, exotic dancers, a spacious club house and the Path of the Gunslinger quest mod. Download as one pack or all separately.

Posted Image

Fileblog Fallout 3 Companion Mods

5 mods to add new companions or enhance existing ones.[/indent]

Ok, before i ask.....flame throwers down

Does anyone know if there were ever any FFVIII for PC mods made?

Any shape,any form, graphics gameplay whatever.