Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3388

Here's my recommendation for Fallout 3, the Weapon Mod Kits mod. Essentially, you can buy/find mod kits for weapons to add scopes, extended magazines etc., in a similar style to Deus Ex. All of the mod kits visually change your weapon's appearance, so there actually is a scope/larger clip/etc attached to your weapon.

Excellent thread man, great idea.

Edited by lg9142

Posted Image

Posted Image

GOsh it's unreal what some mods can do for a game. Morrowind was released 7 years ago!

I'll only be writing about graphics mods, but I'll link to some nice general mod lists. Gunna go over some now and see what is still being updated.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

These modding lists encompass just about everything you or I could want in the world of Morrowind modding. As for writing a guide, I no longer think I have the time - too many games for me to go through and still more mods.

Posted Image

Morrowind Expanded

An extremely clear, simple, step by step guide on how to safely install Morrowind with a plethora of many of the community's very best mods. Includes all the links and descriptions for all mods and apps needed. An ideal starting point for all new Morrowind modders.

Telesphoros' List of Mods

One of the oldest and largest lists of mods for morrowind. Very mature and with a well chosen selection of mods of many kinds. The yardstick against which all other mod lists are compared.

GRAPHICS

An enormous forum thread spanning several consecutive posts on the best graphics mods. I agree with the selections, though the writing is often a bit unclear and one can easily get lost in the thread.

Wall of Mods

No descriptions, just names and links. A useful resource for experienced modders.

Retexture Links

A list of links for just about every Morrowind landmass retexture mod you could want. Includes screenshots.

Empirical Morrowind

A single list of mods with descriptions and links, devoted to making morrowind's gameplay more realistic. Encompasses such things as penalties with increased injury and fatigue, sneak bonuses at night, less generic NPC responses and much much more.

The NPC Head Replacer Comparison Thread

A list of mods that replace and add to the heads available in Morrowind. For every mod, a screenshot of 12 set NPCs is included to better allow you to compare the mods available.

Thanks for that dasa, I'll update in a moment.

I've decided that while all the Morrowind guides I've posted are very mature, I think they're terribly written - it's still too difficult to get to what the good mods are and too difficult to download them. So, I'll start working on posting a morrowind modding guide somewhere - definitely not here, the image limit on posts is unbelievable. I'm thinking of splitting said guide into:

Audio-Visual - new sounds, music, models, textures and so on.

Game mechanics - new levelling systems, bartering systems, persuasion systems and so on.

Game content - new quests, additional locales, new items and so forth.

When they're done, pop links to those threads on your userinfo. That way, we can still find them after the unstickied gold falls off the page from EVE churn. ;)

Are there any mods out there that make Oblivion a good game? I mean like a complete overhaul, different everything, like kind of what's happening to the Cryengine right now. It was just not a good game and with some help it could become decent.

Are there any mods out there that make Oblivion a good game? I mean like a complete overhaul, different everything, like kind of what's happening to the Cryengine right now. It was just not a good game and with some help it could become decent.

Well I'm not sure what you're asking here. You say a "complete overhaul", but a complete overhaul in what sense? I would guess that you want the game to be more "fun", but I have no idea what you find fun. I enjoyed just exploring the countryside, picking ingredients and decorating my house and my player avatar, looking for quests and exploring ruins, but that's me. If you're the sort who finds this kind of freedom really boring and need to be given an epic quest, you could try the mods here

http://knol.google.com/k/devnulldevakm/toq...&locale=en#

or here

http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/bigquests.html

But again, I really don't know what you're asking for.

Good to see this threads hanging in there a little longer. Sticky sticky sticky.

Thanks for the support :] Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

25 days? Shocking, I tell you.

What's more shocking is that that means I've been playing Oblivion for almost a month!

For what it's worth, as per the preceding two posts, it's the exploring that's kept me in it this long. The game was barely playable in shrinkwrapped form - Morrowind: Fucked Up, imho. But after getting (eep!) 15 mods installed, it's really quite immersive.

Looking for a little assistance and I'm a first time modder so be gentle please. I'm having issue with Fallout 3 hard crashing on start up (Requiring reboot). I've installed the FOOK mod, patch and texture fix, FOSE, FOMM, FO3Edit and done the activation invalidation. I've disabled anything to do with DLC that I don't own and the FOSE_Loader.txt gives me the following info after a failed start attempt.

launching: Fallout3.exe (C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe)

crc = FE5B82AE

hook call addr = 00C05F61

load lib addr = 00D9B0F0

dll = C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\fose_1_7.dll

remote memory = 00160000

old winmain = 006EE300

launching

As I said, first time modder so I'm at a roadblock. I have no idea where the conflict is. Before I disabled the DLC stuff at least it was giving me a checksum error which there was assistance for and it was spitting out a notification that Fallout 3 had crashed. Now it just hangs at the "Please Stand By" start up screen still requiring the reboot.

well this was way over due for a bump

anyway here is a huge list of mods to make fallout 3 look great

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=287764

Really really good to see other people making mod lists :] Good find!

I seem to recall a high res Diablo 2 mod or hack or something a while back.

I thought I had it bookmarked, but I seem to have lost it. Bugger.

I never did test it, I couldn't find my D2 book.

I recall it as well, but i recall it being imperfect and making the game a little broken as well - a sorceress can teleport further and shoot from further away for instance - i think a lot of text didn't line up properly as well =/ I'll try to dig it up anyway.

Looking for a little assistance and I'm a first time modder so be gentle please. I'm having issue with Fallout 3 hard crashing on start up (Requiring reboot). I've installed the FOOK mod, patch and texture fix, FOSE, FOMM, FO3Edit and done the activation invalidation. I've disabled anything to do with DLC that I don't own and the FOSE_Loader.txt gives me the following info after a failed start attempt.

launching: Fallout3.exe (C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Fallout3.exe)

crc = FE5B82AE

hook call addr = 00C05F61

load lib addr = 00D9B0F0

dll = C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\fose_1_7.dll

remote memory = 00160000

old winmain = 006EE300

launching

As I said, first time modder so I'm at a roadblock. I have no idea where the conflict is. Before I disabled the DLC stuff at least it was giving me a checksum error which there was assistance for and it was spitting out a notification that Fallout 3 had crashed. Now it just hangs at the "Please Stand By" start up screen still requiring the reboot.

Which patches have you got running? THere's a lot of word of people having far more trouble with patches after 1.5 compared to people running 1.4.

Am I the only person who goes mod hunting these days? Anyhoo...

No man...here's one I did for Supreme Commander, that never got stickied either,,,

http://archive.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp...=12&t=14422

=( Takes a hell of a lot of effort digging up all this stuff. Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

That stalker one looks awesome, downloading now.

And that morrowind guide you've linked is quite good, might actually make me think about installing morrowind again, modding it last time was a pain in the ass, but with a guide with links and stuff, it should be easy peasy.

Months since my last update - anyhoo, another mod!

Posted Image

Median XL

Total conversion of Diablo 2 - modified regular monsters (like quill rats with homing quills), Elite and Heroic Monsters, Uberbosses - new runewords and Horadric Cube recipes, new skill trees with UberSkills and reward skills and plenty more.

I'm yet to get my mitts on dragon age...will mod when i can heh.

My desktop (gaming rig) is currently fritzed (thermal paste musta dried out - it suddenly died of heatstroke in unremarkable conditions), but this one will get some loving when I get it fixed. The lappy isn't grunty enough for anything in this thread, even if it was running the right OS.