Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

not a rpg and i haven't tried it yet but anyway

starcraft resolution hack

http://www.starcraftresolutionhack.de.vu/

its a shame everything would be tiny if i cranked the res but it could look nice at 800x600 or 1024x768 on a crt in comparison to 640x480

Edited by Dasa

With mods, there is hope for PC gaming yet :]

Found this handy resource for all those people who grabbed Torchlight off the steam sale.

Ultimate Modlist Page

A categorised list of most of the mods released for Torchlight. Creators often remove their mods from the list themselves when they prove buggy, so the list contains mostly just functional mods.

I'll give some personal recommendations for mods I like later.

As for strategy game mods...I'd make another thread, but this thread doesn't get visited much as is. If someone else wants to start a strategy mod thread though, I'll happily contribute, starting with Total Annihilation mods and units. :]

EDIT: ARGH the atomicboard imagelimit really makes me mad. Next update, I won't post here, i'll just make a new thread with some consecutive posts to put images in.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

I'm already a few hours into STALKER (vanilla), should I use the Complete and Super packs on my game now or start a new game?

*cries* I still can't run Oblivion at max graphics smoothly in all situations, but the environment texture enhancers are certainly a must for oblivion. OOO almost completely re-does the game...

I'm already a few hours into STALKER (vanilla), should I use the Complete and Super packs on my game now or start a new game?

Go ahead and use complete if you want - there is a possibility of crash with an existing game, in which case you'd have to start a new game anyway.

*cries* I still can't run Oblivion at max graphics smoothly in all situations, but the environment texture enhancers are certainly a must for oblivion. OOO almost completely re-does the game...

...it's been over three years! O_O Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

I finally got Oblivion to a state I'm happy with... There's only about a dozen mods involved. (!)

Trouble is, every time I get to the Fighters Guild mission where you have to take Hist Sap (and then murder an entire village of bystanders whilst hallucinating goblins everywhere), the game crashes. Taking the mods off again does not help - it's just plain busted.

Ah well. The computer Oblivion is on is also busted atm, so the point is somewhat moot.

Ehh modding is always fraught with risk, price we pay for having an experience more tailored for us :] I'm going to be having quite a ball with Torchlight - they even have a couple of Steam achievements for modding the game xD

Nice list!

Pity torchleech appears to be working perfectly and points to the right exe, it does absolutely fuck nothing for me, still unmodded torchlight for me :(

I really really wish someone loved Final Fantasy 8 enough to make a high res texture pack for it or something, I have no idea how feasible that would be but it would make my year

I really really wish someone loved Final Fantasy 8 enough to make a high res texture pack for it or something, I have no idea how feasible that would be but it would make my year

There are a whole lot of games like that.

Sometimes I think some game developers would reap more benefit from reissuing old games with new models and textures than developing whole new properties.

Nice list!

Pity torchleech appears to be working perfectly and points to the right exe, it does absolutely fuck nothing for me, still unmodded torchlight for me :(

What did you do? Torchlight mods just get copied into "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming\runic games\torchlight\mods" and they work. o_O Failing that you can try TorchLeech.

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5875

I'll cover FF7 and FF8 patches later, they definitely exist. Unless of course someone wants to do that for me, haha.

Posted Image

Spoke to AD about the Arcanum patches and clicked the links to find them. Yuur Terra-Arcanum High-Res patch link seems to be broken, so anyone looking for it should try http://www.terra-arcanum.com/downloads/arc...HighRes1.1a.exe (there's a clickable link on that page that apprently only works once.)

Awesome thread, Hung-Su! Will have to check out some of the other mods...

Edited by TechHeadFred

Links added.

Been playing the Witcher - added suitable mods. :] A couple of the mods I've tried weren't great - only the stuff I like has been added, but a forum link is there if anyone insists on digging.

Weird, I just clicked them all and all are working, just the Morrowind Expanded has some silly ad at the top now. Nonetheless, all those morrowind links have been left abandoned for a few months, so I might look for more guides later.

In the meantime, this clothing mod looks awesome.

Hilgya the Seamstress

Posted Image

EDIT: Fuck, I think I have to stop playing witcher for a bit. New trees for the ashlands - gosh they look out of this world, suit Morrowind perfectly.

Vurt's Ashtree's Replacer

Posted Image

Sorry, didnt mean the links werent working - After following the guide, my game wont work, missing required files.

Might try it again with mod manager though, im guessing just copying them to the folders may have been overwriting some files, from memory mod manager doesnt do that, and thats how to get it working properly. Those trees look sick btw.

Hmm, that's weird. I didn't follow the guide myself, just read it over and saw that it contained all kinds of things that I've already done myself but would be handy for others. It seems very unusual that files are missing - do you remember what they are?

And, once you get to more than a small handful of mods, ALWAYS use a mod manager. For all the Bethesda titles, you MUST use a mod manager to save hair tearing. Just which mod handling tools are you using?

None :P

The problem was in MCA, I must have overwritten some of its files.

Will reinstall and try it again with the morrowind mod manager some other time.

Necromancy!

Last post over a month ago, a resource this good needs bumpage even if I don't have anything to add at this point.

(No, I won't make a habit of it.)