Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

Maybe I cant read, but the only spelling mistake I can see is "there" instead of their

Ohhh, to/too I see.

Heh, I never seem to notice spelling mistakes at the end of a sentence -.-

I'm happy for you, Nuke - I couldn't make heads or tails of anything between 'Gothic 3' and the slashes. Still can't. Once I'd checked the link and translated from German, I figured it out, but that shouldn't be necessary.

And I wasn't having a go at him for finding the fix. That bit I applaud him for. Any patch, hack, or fix that can improve the experience of any game is well worth knowing about, imo.

Vampire, The Masquerade: Bloodlines.

Over the last couple of days, these have been in and running happily together:

- Unofficial Patch v6.9: (mentioned in the OP)

- P&P Mod v3.01: Makes your game obey rules much more like the original roleplaying game from White Wolf. Several skill synergies are different, many disciplines have different costs and durations, there are several new clans to choose from (as well as the originals), and everyone gets an extra discipline at character generation. The only downside I've seen is that Jack accuses you of cheating in the tutorial - say you're using a mod, though, and it continues as if nothing was different. Get it here. (Download link is about 3/4 the way down the page, and can be easily overlooked.)

- P&P Combat Mod: By the same author, and with the same goals as the above. The two are separate mods to allow people to use the nerfed standard rules rather than these, though, since the P&P rules make fighting a lot more dangerous. If you ever wondered why a freshly-embraced 7th gen vamp could walk all over a 5th gen dude who's been around for 200 years, this is for you. Be prepared to have your arse handed to you. Get it here. (Download link is about 1/4 the way down the page, same caveat as above.)

- New models and skins for eight of the P&P new clans. I'm afraid I didn't even look at the 'original' new 8 before installing this package. I saw the pic for this lot, and it just went straight in. If you're feeling curious, please take screenshots of the differences. New art here.

- SilentMasqu Midnight Mod: Hi-res texture pack. I should have thought to take a 'before' screenshot to compare with, but you can see an example of the 'after' here. Apart from sharper world graphics, some of the character graphics are changed too. For example: Jeanette/Therese/Tourette have gone goth, and Therese now has a miniskirt - though not quite as mini as Jeanette's. Get this one from ModDB. (No idea what language that is, but it works just fine.) {WARNING: This mod is now suspected of causing some odd graphic corruption. Until this is confirmed or disproved, be aware that your game may require frequent restarts to clear these up. Also, save often!}

Oh, and you might like these as well. These are purely a matter of taste, and in no way effect the gaming experience. Also, they are but one of many options, even for the affected characters.

- Beautiful Monster Redux: A reskinning of the Torreador male. Purely aesthetic. Get it here.

- Brujah Release Pack: Reskin for Brujah females. Another fine ModDB package.

- Gangrel female reskin. Get this here.

I still have the Clan Quest Mod to check out, but that promises to be a work of several days. There are many incorporated mods in that, and several optional modules - one of which is mutually-exclusive with several others. :P

Edited by Cybes

a game of doom3 sounds good i have been playing a bit of ss se hd coop lately

im afraid my spelling is just something that isnt going to change much i hate english to much to bother trying to improve it

but just typing as it comes to mind without giving any thought to what im saying can make a bit of a mess of things :)

one of the reasons its been great having Kung Fu Hung-Su do this thread as he can translate for people that cant easily read bad english

more bloodlines mods nice

Looks like I may have included Silent Masqu too soon. I have some wierd graphic glitches popping up, and I've just had the warehouse mission ruined by some unhittable frozen npcs. :(

Editing above post to reflect suspicion on it. Confirming the bug is in that package will need a reinstall, though, and I'm not prepared to do that just yet.

Just in case anyone was wondering just what I meant by "odd graphics glitches", I took some screenshots of today's play.

Cain's Invisible Taxi

Barrel-bits Door Handle

Headless Jack

Lines of Power

Sky Pipe Invasion

The Sky Pipes Have Landed

My Flat is Full of Eels. Er, Pipes.

Rolf's Red Ring

There were plenty more, but that's quite enough to get the idea across.

The worst part of those 'pipe' glitches (which can also be concrete rings, couchs, bookcases, etc) is that they are solid objects. If one happens to be blocking the path you need to walk through, you aren't going that way. The shot in the flat was taken using the noclip cheat, consequently - I couldn't even get into the flat, let alone walk around in it.

after watching cutthroat island i dug this old game out of the pile and then proceeded to look for patches or mods

Pirates of the Caribbean: Build Mod 13

http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod

312.16mb

my cap is to small to try downloading this at the moment im afraid

not sure how many people know this game it had its faults but it was fun and in many ways a great game

Just in case anyone was wondering just what I meant by "odd graphics glitches", I took some screenshots of today's play.

Cain's Invisible Taxi

Barrel-bits Door Handle

Headless Jack

Lines of Power

Sky Pipe Invasion

The Sky Pipes Have Landed

My Flat is Full of Eels. Er, Pipes.

Rolf's Red Ring

There were plenty more, but that's quite enough to get the idea across.

The worst part of those 'pipe' glitches (which can also be concrete rings, couchs, bookcases, etc) is that they are solid objects. If one happens to be blocking the path you need to walk through, you aren't going that way. The shot in the flat was taken using the noclip cheat, consequently - I couldn't even get into the flat, let alone walk around in it.

Hahaha, fucking lol.

That would be the biggest PITA.

Making some updates...DarnUI for FO3 link was broken and old...also added some other links since FONexus seems to be having heart attacks.

Also, a fine mod list. Has a link to her Extreme Realism mod which sounds nice also.

Arwen's Fallout 3 Realism mods

In fact, looking through, there is probably no need for me to look out for Fallout 3 mods on my own. Arwen has done a -fantastic- job here.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

Still playing, dude. There's at least one RPG installed at any given time. Currently, Mass Effect and Oblivion are sharing space with Egosoft's X3:Terran Conflict and Torchlight amongst others.

I haven't bought any new ones for quite a while, though - I haven't finished messing with the ones I have.

I was in the process of playing through a modded Dragon Age before I blew my computer up 3 hrs into Starcraft 2...

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with any of the mods I tried for it. There was nothing that made me sit up and take notice like the plethora of Fallout 3 mods I went through (and actually made me want to finish a game I didn't like). Probably nothing short of a complete rewrite of DA:O to fix how hideously overpowered mages are (and how reliant you are on them) would really make any difference to the game. Sadly, it seems like most mod makes for DA:O would rather make mods for the sex scenes...

Currently playing Fallout 3 and as well as DA:O but Fallout 3 is taking all the time here.

An extremely impressive looking total conversion for Oblivion.

Posted Image

Nehrim

"Our aim was to create a fantasy world which is as lively and atmospheric as realisable in the limits of our possiblilities. We primarily developed Nehrim for those players who love RPGs and were disappointed by Oblivion on that score. Nehrim will be a role playing game with elements of action, not an action game with elements of role playing games."

My thoughts on the trailer on that page - Voice acting and music are impressive. They're still using Oblivion creatures and armor such as the atronachs, but it's good to hear some different voices, and the voice acting seems powerful and done well. I'm told that unlike Oblivion, this total conversion will have you forging deep relationships with game characters who evolve and develop over time, as a character should in a story. I'm not bothered by the English version of this mod having english subtitles with german voice acting, in fact I'm kind of looking forward to it.

I'll fill you guys in more as I dive into this.

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

Looks interesting, Hung Su. I'll check it out in more depth when I get onto the other box.

Your link appears to be broken :)

Workin' for me, man.

Given that I seem to have a memory problem atm, though, I think I'll hold off on the download for now.

Edited by Cybes