Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

Anyone tried Nehrim yet? I'm finally going to have a go today, found the Internode mirror =]

http://games.on.net/file/36977/Nehrim_-_At_Fates_Edge

Reports from over on OCAU are favourable, such as "SUCH a good game. It just *gets* it. I hope the devs have something for us in the future - they've got great design sense. "

and "I'm over 25hrs in and still haven't even gone through half the map"

Excited! =D

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

Looks nice, thanks for the hard work Hung-Su!

1.6gb too much for my mobile bb. :(

I won't be downloading it just yet either. I'll bookmark it for later, though.

Just some notes - the game will make its own copy of Oblivion data files in its own folder, so it's a fair wad of space. Also, after the game installed, it will start it's own launcher, the Nehrim launcher, which has a Data Files section - for some reason, I had to turn the Nehrim data files on myself, it won't do it on its own.

Game looks and sounds sweet thus far =] Haven't even used any graphics or sound mods with it yet, haha! Voice actors are wonderful - it's so rare to see good voice actors with English mods, since they're often made by weeny teenage boys =T

Voice actors are wonderful - it's so rare to see good voice actors with English mods, since they're often made by weeny teenage boys =T

It's rare to find good voice actors, period. It's improving, but atm you still find them with unconvincing and/or completely inappropriate stresses.

Yeahhh =T *dreams of replaying Little Big Adventure and Deus Ex*

If anyone is still playing Morrowind, this mod will DEFINITELY be of interest. I'd play it myself but I'm getting stuck into Nehrim. Really astounding to believe this is a game originally released in 2002, mods make it look like a very good 2005/2006 game. Modders are absolutely wonderful =D

Posted Image

Vurt's Ascadian Isles Mod

Replaces all Ascadian Isles tree models with beautiful and leafy versions that actually look like trees. There are other tree replacers, but I believe this to be the best.

KOTM alerted me to Nehrim, it's absolutely amazing what they have done with Oblivion - even King, a notorious hater of Oblivion, enjoys it!

I'm looking forward to it, just wish I had more of a schedule to explore the amazing world - I'm still stuck in the mines!

Anyone know if that tree replacer gets along with Nehrim? Can't see how new models and textures would affect a TC myself, but some game interactions are weird.

It says that no mods are compatible with Nehrim, it's standalone.

It looks pretty good anyway, they did a good job of making it feel like a huge forest.

Edited by King_Of_The_Mountain

Nehrim will work with texture mods that do not use a plugin file (.esp). The Nehrim readme documentation even recommends this, recommending Qarl's optimised texture pack. They don't advocate other pluginless mods, such as those that replace meshes, but I'm curious anyway... =]

And the tree mod I posted is for Morrowind, not Oblivion! Just posted it cos it's beaut =]

installed nehrim but when i click start it gives a error cannont find the needed .exe file

the launcher doesnt look right with half the black background missing making it hard to read the white text

about to try copying its install over a oblivion folder and if that dosent work i may have to do a fresh unmoded install of oblivion for it to grab files from and hope it works then

edit copy over worked :)

Edited by Dasa

Nehrim will work with texture mods that do not use a plugin file (.esp).

And the tree mod I posted is for Morrowind, not Oblivion! Just posted it cos it's beaut =]

Good to know; and D'oh!

installed nehrim but when i click start it gives a error cannont find the needed .exe file

the launcher doesnt look right with half the black background missing making it hard to read the white text

about to try copying its install over a oblivion folder and if that dosent work i may have to do a fresh unmoded install of oblivion for it to grab files from and hope it works then

edit copy over worked :)

Haha good stuff man. Sounds like you're using the steam version of Oblivion...there's some mention of this in the doco.

Downloading QTP3 redimised...1.3GB. My nehrim install is going to be something like 8GB lol =D

nope dvd version but the install folder was only ~3g and didnt seem to have any oblivion files so it musnt have located the install dir properly or something

my nehrim folder is now 15.8g

have just turned a few detail settings down a bit as it was dropping below 30fps and overclocking the gpu and turning off aa didnt help much so i guess the 4ghz i3 isnt cutting it just like with oblivion when i turned view distance up to high with mods

edit

there was a new patch released 5 days ago

NehrimUpdate_1.0.8.0_EN.exe

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/nehrim-patch-1080-english#

Edited by Dasa

Baha wicked, installed x) I had to turn the plugins on again, I dunno why, annoying! Also comfirmed that Improved Facial Textures works with Nehrim just fine, I'll keep tacking stuff on. Tempted to replace the blood...

EDIT: FUCKING TROLLS FUCKING DIEEEE

Improved Facial Textures is something i may have to install as they have been bugging me

Only reason I haven't been playing Nehrim far more is because my time on weeknights is pretty limited.

This weekend, I intend to play the living fuck out of it.

Great thread Kung Fu Hung-Su.

I'd like to share a couple of Dragon Age mods I Like namely:

Lock Bash what I like about this mod is it lets you configure any damage that happen to any items in the chest.

Arcane Warrior Plus This mods adds new spells and talents to the Arcane Warrior.

Reading through this thread makes me want to install oblivion again.

Great thread Kung Fu Hung-Su.

I'd like to share a couple of Dragon Age mods I Like namely:

Lock Bash what I like about this mod is it lets you configure any damage that happen to any items in the chest.

Arcane Warrior Plus This mods adds new spells and talents to the Arcane Warrior.

Reading through this thread makes me want to install oblivion again.

Looking at this thread makes me want to BUY a computer capable of playing oblivion again!

Looking at this thread makes me want to BUY a computer capable of playing oblivion again!

you may have to wait for new cpu's to do that

once you enable some view distance mods and have open cities that you dont need to load into things start to slow down a lot even with a new 4ghz intel cpu