Kung Fu Hung-Su

PC RPG Mods

Morrowind was a pain in the arse. Not that that stopped me from having about 15 on it at one point. ;P Last time I tried getting some consolidated pack going for Oblivion I gave up in disgust. I guess I just don't have the patience I did any more.

I recently grabbed a few games on the list in the OP from the latest Steam sales, and wanted to say thanks!

im getting morrwind and stalker (and others) from a member here so im keen to try out some of the mods in the OP should be cool..

i also picked up the fallout collection (fallout 1,2 and tactics) and the witcher a while ago so i think ill give the witcher ago (with mods) after i finish mass effect 1...

Edited by jdog

nice that we can still play and genuine enjoy games years and years after their release =]

You have a grunty system so modding witcher with everything should be fine. I went overboard and grinded it to a bleh 20fps or so.

Diablo II wouldn't run under Windows 7 (I have 64 bit). So here's the instructions I followed:

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topic...55&sid=3000

The steps I followed:

Right-Click the Diablo II file in "Program Files" (or where ever you installed Diablo)

Select "Properties".

Select "Compatability" tab.

Check "Compatibility Mode" and select Windows XP SP3

Check "Disable Visual Designs".

Check "Disable Desktop Composition".

Check "Run as Admin".

Click "OK".

Download and install the latest patch:

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/di...tch-information

On your Desktop, hit Control+Alt+Delete and open your Task Manager program. Select the "Services" tab, and click the "services" button at the bottom of that screen to access your services manager. (you can close your Task Manager now) Scroll down the list until you find "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service". Stop this service, then right-click it and select "properties" and then DISABLE this service.

Now to play Diablo II. Awesome!

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, I can't find my D2 disks any more. I think I must have given them to a friend when I got Sacred or Sacred 2.

Dammit nothing on Mass Effect 2. That game is filled with bugs for me.

Gotta tip my hat for the OP though.

Watta post!

I would love to do that. Unfortunately, I can't find my D2 disks any more. I think I must have given them to a friend when I got Sacred or Sacred 2.

If you have the key lying around, or registered it with battle.net, just re-download the image.

If you have the key lying around, or registered it with battle.net, just re-download the image.

With the disks, apparently.

Oh well... If the nostalgia gets strong enough, I may have to buy it again. Wait until GOG has it, maybe?

@Taz: Glad you were able to get it working! I've been playing D2 on Win7 x64 for months and was lucky enough to have no problems, but I"ll put that all in the OP =] Thanks for bumping the thread!

MrTwinkie: Thanks for the props! A friend did give me a copy of ME 1 and 2 but I never got around to playing them, and I'm unlikely to play them with Deus Ex and Skyrim to play!

morg: :D

Woo-hoo! Finally, you're getting the recognition you deserve, Hung Su!

I'll never understand why this wasn't stickied way back when you wrote it in the first place.

I know you did - I read it. And agreed (but didn't post). I still don't know why it didn't happen in the first place, even though I'm overjoyed that it did now.

I wish that someday I can see a Mass Effect 3 mod in here.

Just a humble wish Bioware...

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

I wish that someday I can see a Mass Effect 3 mod in here.

Just a humble wish Bioware...

Gosh that would be nice. But it would entail Bioware not leaping on coders and jumping up and down until the juice runs out.

I know you did - I read it. And agreed (but didn't post). I still don't know why it didn't happen in the first place, even though I'm overjoyed that it did now.

I'm not sure either, I seem to remember RTMing the thread ages ago and asking for a sticky, along with posting in a thread that was asking for a sticky too.

Woo-hoo! Finally, you're getting the recognition you deserve, Hung Su!

I'll never understand why this wasn't stickied way back when you wrote it in the first place.

Haha! I'm not really sure either, maybe because I used to post in the thread every time I made an update and that was enough to keep it on the front page? What really amazes me though, is that this thread still isn't anywhere near as popular as my old Oblivion mod thread in Atomic v2 =O

I posted a thread in feedback asking that it be stickied :P

This came as quite a surprise! I didn't really expect anything like this, thanks =)

I guess I better update this thing...Witcher 2, Skyrim and Deus Ex HR mods? =) Gosh I hope Atomic have lifted the 20 image per post limitation.

Holy crap, I just realised I started this thread almost 3 years ago O_O

Edited by Kung Fu Hung-Su

There are a few Mass Effect mods floating around which are usually the Hi-def texture packs and the odd ini modding. I should sort out what is what soon.

There are a few Mass Effect mods floating around which are usually the Hi-def texture packs and the odd ini modding. I should sort out what is what soon.

Looking forward to it.