Dasa

Parts Guide (2019 update)

There fanless to 40% load and virtually silent with the fan operating under 800RPM up to about 70% load.

Updated a bunch of builds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

Yep but at this stage with the 1920x being $629 vs 2920x $1000 it is a good buy while stock lasts

Edit: there we go updated the threadripper build just for you  🙂

Decent value bundle at pccg for 2970X and MB $200 saving

AMD Threadripper 2970WX ROG Pack
AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 24 Core 48 Thread $2299

$2299

Put a bit of work into updating the little screamer but not as much work as someone would put into squeezing all that into that case.

Edited by Dasa
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Out of the list above thanks Dasa, i chose a little from "AMD gamer and AMD value gamer.
Do you think this is a stable list? no hick ups with the RAM?

-----Old PC-----

Asus P8Z68-V
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz
Noctua NH-U12P
8GB RIPJAWS X 1600Mhz DDR3
Gigabyte HD 7850 OC Ver.
Asus MX239H AH-IPS
WD Green 1TB
Corsair RM550x (old one = Seasonic X 650W 80+ Gold)
Fractal R3
Intel SSD 530

------NEW PC-------

CPU $239 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core Socket AM4 3.4GHz CPU Processor with Wraith Stealth Cooler
  MB $208 Asus STRIX B450-F
 RAM $149 G.Skill 16G (2x8G) F4-3200C16D-16GTZB PC4-25600 / DDR4 3200 Mhz
        = $596

Already own:
PSU - Corsair RM550x
SSD - Intel SSD 530
GPU - Asus 1060 3gb
Case  Fractal R3

Edited by Mysticizm

Posted (edited)

Ryzen 3600 is out within a week I think hold out for that it seems to be a big improvement for ~$330

For a B450 MB to work it will need BIOS flashback or for the store to update the BIOS for you

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/edit#gid=639584818

If you want to OC and are willing to wait a bit longer for it to arrive you can get some good RAM from newegg

F4-3200C14D-16GVK $187

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232217

Current BIOS are fairly stable with most RAM kit's but if you wan to be sure it has been tested to work check the MB QVL or the G.Skill QVL.

Edited by Dasa

Posted (edited)

I've got a bit out of touch over the years with PC tech developments, so boy is this a great starting point. Wonderful work, Dasa! 

I had a couple of questions about using the gaming builds as a starting point:

Would I be able to use my current case (Antec Three Hundred, which is an ATX tower) and my current PSU (a 750W ATX Seasonic, I think it's either an M12 or X series; I'll see if I can take it out if you need to know exactly what it is), while also transferring over my Asus Xonar Essence STX?

Also, how loud are these builds? I’d like to end up with something quieter than my current PC: previously mentioned case and PSU with an HD4890 and E8500. After the original CPU fan broke, it was replaced with a generic one as I wasn’t overclocking, so most of the noise comes from the CPU and GPU.

I know it’s difficult to make a quiet gaming PC, but other than the quiet CPU cooling fan on the AMD build, are there any other places I could look to reduce noise in either build? (Is the intel build quieter than the AMD one?)

Edited by foolz

AMD 3000 series is probably cooler running than Intel at the moment.

Things that matter for noise are mostly your choice of cooling for CPU\GPU followed by your selection of case\PSU.

Making a quiet gaming PC is a lot easier than it used to be and I try to make all builds as quiet as possible but when there is a budget to work to sacrifices need to be made.

I have also been helping to update the builds over here some of which are currently more up to date than this guide.

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/rmp_sg_whirlpoolpcs