Sign in to follow this  
raradawg

Corsair Voyager

I've been searching around for a robust USB drive that is durable, water proof, etc and I came up thinking about a Voyager... Survivor seems a bit more...

I only need a USB around 16 or 32GB. I don't want an External...

I'm looking to spend around $110

Is this the right USB I should be looking for?

Any views?

OK, go back to the first image... before you go to full size image, it should be from a website. They show true reviews...

The Corsair site on the other hand shows that because it is using that image for all sizes which is why they removed the 32GB sign.

Going back to that eBay site::: It shows the same image as the review site but it shows more stock in the background... If you get what I mean.

I'm still a bit uncertain...but I'm still thinking on it.

Lol...I dunno man...

I'll saving some money from buying it through pccasegear. This guy has 100% feedback too. Hmm.

+1 to not trusting eBay for flash memory of any kind. I'd ALWAYS go to some sort of business - retail, online, whatever - some place where reputation and customer satisfaction really matters.

You MUST do this for me:

1. See how much actual free space the USB claims to have. i.e. the properties of the flash drive

2. Make a folder full of random shit which equates to this free space, zip the folder.

3. If the zipped folder is significantly smaller, make it bigger.

4. Run a MD5 hash generator. There's a few free ones on the net. Generate a hash code for the zipped folder.

5. Put the zipped folder on the drive.

6. Safely remove the drive, then re-insert.

7. Take the zipped folder off the flash drive.

8. Re-run the MD5 hash generator/checker.

9. Tell me if they're different.

:)

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

I don't know how to...not that I was interested anyways XD

Can't say I must do that...Honestly, I sneaked out with studying as an excuse to come back here :P

Teachers giving me a hell lot of homework to do :(

Yet I've got to build something for a Physics assignment...something to do with Motors and Generators and I don't know what T_T

My friend bought an 8GB one from PCCG and said it looked the same with the packaging...only that it had a 8GB sign instead of the 32 as shown on that eBay image. I'll see how it goes tomorrow.

never get one of ebay, they are about 90% tiem are cheap and guess what, as usual, shit n dont work. although i got a kingston one of their and its great

Ch3ss...I hope it works...or ill cut his feedback score from 100% :P

@ Cyber... I'm smart... I've just got many different ideas... Just cant come up with a conclusion as to which one I should work on... Maybe if I pop into DSE on the weekend and have a look at their parts, I can probably come up with a decision.

Why do you need to go to DSE for a simple assignment like that? Just grab an old DC motor, connect a handle to the shaft end, and watch as an LED glows from the two terminals as you crank it. Instant generator!

Or do what I did, build the DC motor from scratch!

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

But we've already built a DC electric motor in class... I want to expand on that...

I've come up with some random ones too... Microphone, Crane... LOL!

Yet I've got to build something for a Physics assignment...something to do with Motors and Generators and I don't know what T_T

Make a generator that is hooked up to a light bulb and can power the light by AC current or DC current, simple yet effective and will give you shitloads to write about.

Hmm...will take that into consideration. I was thinking of something creative... I dunno...I've got ages to complete it anyways.