Girvo

Atomic Photo-a-Week I

Following on from http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=13614

DEADLINE 1: FRIDAY 1 MAY '09

Alright, so what's this all about?

Well, it's a follow-on of the Project 365 that has taken off around the 'net. However, I'm a big believer in quality against quantity, and it'd be good to see more photos posted!

So, this will be the sign-up thread and the repository for the first weeks photos!

Like was shown above, the first deadline will be this friday, and the project will continue for 51 more weeks, always on a Friday.

What's the aim?

Take a photo every week!

:D

I'll be in it, but I'll be getting my photo's in on the weekend as I'm pretty busy during the week so I'll cheat for the first round and throw up one I took a couple of weeks ago ;)

-X

OK.

My photo for this week:

Posted Image

The glass is actually being illuminated by the LCD monitor behind it.

Edited by SquallStrife

Hahah. Our house settles Thursday arvo, so I'm busy packing all our crap up. I wouldn't have had another chance to do this until next week, so I did it tonight. Nyer. :)

Fair enough. It is a totally sweet pic.

I'd crop the black out on the left though. It sits there catching my eye, distracting me from the awesome subject.

ok, I won't get a chance to take any tomorrow, so I have to choose from the following. I think I prefer the last one, my study buddy :)

Nice, Tak.

If I had to crit it, I'd say take it again, aiming your camera to the right and down a little.

The rectangular geometry of the assembly is a good candidate to practice the "Rule of Thirds".

Nice, Tak.

If I had to crit it, I'd say take it again, aiming your camera to the right and down a little.

The rectangular geometry of the assembly is a good candidate to practice the "Rule of Thirds".

If you choose to break the rule of thirds and put something smack bang in the middle, then it has to be purposeful :P

Also, unless you were looking for a "cooler" look, I think the white balance is a little off (blue tinge).

Posted Image

Nice, Tak.

I'd say it conforms, actually. The pipe is kinda flat white, nothing to really look at. There's not much to see in the centre. The textured wood, however is in the left third, and the cobwebbed and calcium stained tap occupies the right. The bumps on top of the post are in the upper left third, and the knot in the post is in the lower left.

Not that I don't appreciate your help, though :)

--edit-- Oomph, I did notice the blue tinge, and it's something that's been popping up a lot. My photos seem to be either bluish or orange, and it sometimes differs even over multiple exposures of the same subject within a few seconds. I was taking photos of my car in the parking lot at Bunnings the other night, and two photos, taken right next to each other, were completely blue or completely orange.

Strangeness.

Edited by Takoma

That is strange hahah

Are you using auto white balance? I tend to use this feature mostly when I'm running around, but it can be off the mark sometimes.