Pedsy

How easy is it to change LED's in fans?

I'm looking to grab the Lian Li PC-60FW case. But instead of the Blue LED fan on the front I want to change it to green.

It is a 140mm fan and I can't seem to find any 140mm green led fans anywhere.

Would it be easy enough for me to replace the LEDs in the existing fan?

How would I go about doing it?

Does Jaycar or someone sell green LED's on their own?

It's probably more trouble than it's worth in my opinion, but it'll depend on how the LEDs are mounted. If they're easy to remove, probably not that hard as long as you know how to use a soldering iron.

I can't find any off the shelf green lit solutions, but I did find this white one.

Edited by The_Psychonaut

Buy yellow cold cathodes and shove it in your case...it will seem green...but from a different perspective XD

Just buy a green fan...

Gee why didn't I think of that! Thanks for reading the full post..

Anyway.

Best option may be to mod the fan mounts on the case to fit a 120mm job? Piss easy to get one of those!

depends, my antec fans have the leds mounted INSIDE the frame, where as my gigabyte have them on the flaps on the center. i suggest that you get the case, then look at the fan then decide from there.

The build is for a friend of a friend and she is adamant that she wants the case to feature green lighting.

Well...there are 140mm green fans where you can get overseas...

There is a brand called Xclio...I think their range is Amazing something. They make 140mm fans with LEDs in there.

Another option is to stick with black fans and put green cold cathodes :P

Edited by raradawg

Well...there are 140mm green fans where you can get overseas...

There is a brand called Xclio...I think their range is Amazing something. They make 140mm fans with LEDs in there.

Another option is to stick with black fans and put green cold cathodes :P

This might be an option too. I guess you would still get the green glow come though the fan vents on the front, wouldn't you?

I have an Antec 900, Zalman CNPS 9900 cooler, a Zalman 120mm Blue LED fan for my side panel. So basically my case was all blue all over.

I popped into Fluidtek and bought two red cold cathodes for $10 each and i put them in my case... I got a sudden purple colour in some places. Then i removed my Zalman side fan and replaced it with an Antec Tri Cool Red LED fan and i put the Zalman on the floor of my case...blowing air upwards. Now it looks quite purplish...except if you look through the front.

Maybe some clear fans then Green Cold Cathodes...and a $2 UV green fan at the bottom :P Just like what Malwed did on whirlpool XD.

piss easy to change over ,iv swaped out the blue leds on my 140 and my zalman cpu cooler and put in the red blue n green changing ones .....piss easy!