Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
stuub27

What is the worst movie you've seen?

Gabriel

Without question

Oh come on, it wasn't THAT bad....

All the bad movies ever made got together and had a blood orgy, and from that orgy was conceived Gabriel.

Streetfighter.

Gabriel at least has an excuse for being what it is.

I keep meaning to watch that- will go and order now!

On that note, who here likes the Mortal Kombat movies?? Classics of the genre :)

No Stub27! Don't do it. You have so much to live for, so much to give! Don't make the same mistake i did. Run as far as you can, as fast as you can. You might think Kyle Miogue doing boxercise is a good thing, but it's just too horrible for words!

The Mortal Kombat movies are A grade compared to SF!

Oh, another one.

Citizen Kane.

Now I know all of the intellectuals are gonna shrug me off as a barbarian for this, but my God, I was invited to watch part of it with some film studies students at uni, and it had to be the single most boring, sleep-inducing film I've ever seen!

No Stub27! Don't do it. You have so much to live for, so much to give! Don't make the same mistake i did. Run as far as you can, as fast as you can. You might think Kyle Miogue doing boxercise is a good thing, but it's just too horrible for words!

The Mortal Kombat movies are A grade compared to SF!

Already ordered :)

BUT, I won't make the mistake of watching Beowulf (the Christopher Lambert one) again!

(this one) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120604/

Since we're going for movies that seem to be acclaimed but some people just want to hang shit on, The Sixth Sense.

M. Night Shyamalan could give me a million dollars and I'd still fall asleep in that movie.

Now I know all of the intellectuals are gonna shrug me off as a barbarian for this, but my God, I was invited to watch part of it with some film studies students at uni, and it had to be the single most boring, sleep-inducing film I've ever seen!

Nope. That award has to go to Lord of the Flies.

Date Movie. It was fucking idiotic. After the brain seizure it caused, the only thing I remember is that Sophie Monk car wash scene. And I don't even find her attractive :(

Anything with Tom Cruise in it.

you didnt like rainman? that movie is brilliant. oh sure tom cruise is a dick but rainman is such a great movie.

It's a three-way tie between Blade Runner...

Get out!

But if you want one to add to the list of crappy movies, take the 1st and last 3rds of 2001: A Space Odyssey. The middle bit with HAL is the only good thing about that movie.

A friend and I once went to the local video store, back in VHS days and deliberately sought out movies that we thought were going to be horrendous.

We did pretty well. To this day, I don't think I've seen a movie worse than "The night they robbed Big Bertha's".

We also hired "Kentucky Fried Movie" and "Beer: The movie with a ehad on it" I think they were called. I don't recall anything about htose, we may not have even bothered watching those.

However, 2 other movies we hired in that batch: "Meet the feebles" and "Fear of a black hat" actually turned out to be pretty cool and I now own both of them. :)

And as for Citizen Kane, I've never seen it, but I can relate. I found Casablanca seriously snooze-worthy.

Well, I think blade runner is pretty crap, but that's because I've read 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?' and all movies based on books tend to suck when compared to the source material.

Dune, The lord Of The Rings, The Name Of The Rose, Starship troopers (especially starship troopers, the war of the worlds, both of them, they all suck because of it.

But, of course, The Lobster Man From Mars is by far the worst movie I have ever seen.

-X

:)

Now, now Wilks... I had thought you had matured... 2001 is not a movie for everyone, you have to understand before you can enjoy... :)

Thats one of the problems with movies, they don't challenge often enough, they feed brain-pap - pre-digested baby food.

Sorry Manta, but whilst I do not rate it as high as others Citizen Kane is a movie I watch every decade or so, because it is supposed to create thinking - not mindlessness, as most movies do today.

I do have to confess that I actually like REALLY bad movies, more because I drift off into WTF!?!?! land :) Not so bad :)

If I had to nominate one, it would be "Soul Plane," but then again, I have it on DVD ... So bad it's good :)

Cheers

Well, I think blade runner is pretty crap, but that's because I've read 'Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?' and all movies based on books tend to suck when compared to the source material.

Dune, The lord Of The Rings, The Name Of The Rose, Starship troopers (especially starship troopers, the war of the worlds, both of them, they all suck because of it.

But, of course, The Lobster Man From Mars is by far the worst movie I have ever seen.

-X

The Lobster Man from Mars is AWESOME!!!

Of course, my version of awesome is questionable :)

-X

The Lobster Man from Mars is AWESOME!!!

Of course, my version of awesome is questionable :)

O-o

You're damn straight your version of awesome is questionable! :P

-X

Streetfighter.

Gabriel at least has an excuse for being what it is.

Shit, I forgot about that one.

Scratch Fried Green Tomatoes off the list.

Dunno about 'worst', 'cuz I tend to near-instantly forget really bad movies, but one I've never managed to finish watching is "Pitch Black".