Sign in to follow this  
Archi

[NEED HELP!]

Ok, so i went to sgl and wheni get home....everything has reverted itsefl

The desktop was basically non-existant with the generic vista aero wallpaper, i had lost all my icons. lost all application data accross a range of programs, firefox for one and zzz just nothing really works, took me ages just then go get connected to internet, i know im not being very informative with my problem.....but i am also typing with the on screen keyboard :(

My computer is like when i first got it, help please!!!

Off the top of my head (it's almost knock off time for me) I would try a system restore followed by a virus sweep and use malwarebytes for a trojan/malware sweep.

Make sure everything is as it should be since you went to a large LAN (I am assuming it was large) and no one tampered with your gear. then do what bowie said.

it also has something to do with the user profile, corrupted/incorrect or something.

does anyone know what would cause windows to load the incorrect user profile?

There could be a number of reasons why it would happen. However, things like that rarely happens in my experience. The only way something like that could happen is the computer was turned off before its shutdown sequence was completed or the sector that file was stored in has corrupted. You could try windows recovery but I am unsure if that will work. In most cases, windows just replaces the file that is corrupt except of course if it has a backup.

What have you tried so far?? Please list.