Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×

That's a collection of someone who chose his gear carefully... Though I would suggest getting rid of the Tamron and finding a wider angle lens. A lot of overlap between the Tammy and Canon 24-70L and I don't imagine you would wanna get rid of that L lens. Unless of course you don't really need the shorter focal length.

The Canon L lenses are the newest additions to the collection, only being two weeks old. The Tamron was the first lens I bought (other than kit) based on quite a few recommendations from people on these forums. It's a great lens, but still not quite what I was looking for in a walk around lens which is why the Canon 24-70 was added.

So yes, I'll be looking to replace the Tamron at some point, probably looking at something very wide, either the EF-S 10-22, or more likely a 17-40 F4L. One of my filters requires EF lenses, so that's where I'm concentrating for the moment. (Plus, there is the dream of buying a 5D MkII...)

That's a collection of someone who chose his gear carefully... Though I would suggest getting rid of the Tamron and finding a wider angle lens. A lot of overlap between the Tammy and Canon 24-70L and I don't imagine you would wanna get rid of that L lens. Unless of course you don't really need the shorter focal length.

When I started in Photography and looked at my collection, I had the same thoughts. I need to cull and reduce my ever expanding kit. Then I realised, the focal lenghts might overlap but some lens are heavier, some stronger, some faster focus and some have the manual focus in better places. I still have heaps of overlap but some lenses are better for different reasons and different times.

I guess at the end of the day it is up to the person behind the lens.

:)

That's certainly true depending on what you want to shoot. For my collection, I sold off my 18-70 and as well as the 75-300 as they overlapped with the Tamron equivalent (didn't help that they were kit lenses as well) so they went. Now, I'm looking at a fisheye lens to complete the collection as I have most of the bases covered when I go out (I mainly shoot sports and as well as some special events).

The astro rig is here:

Posted Image

Imaging scope: Skywatcher Black Diamond ED100

Mount: EQ6 Pro

Guiding scope: Orion ST80

Other guiding equipment: Orion starshoot autoguider, teleview 2x barlow and 1.25" extension

Other (Not shown): ED100 0.85x focal reducer, Astronomik CLS-CCD EOS clip in filter, several other bits and pieces.

Imaging is done using the Canon 500D mentioned above.

Wishing for a clear night right about now.

Edited by Chancellor

That rig would be haeps good for taking candid photos of women undressing in thier bedrooms astrophotography!

-X

The astro rig is here:

Imaging scope: Skywatcher Black Diamond ED100

Mount: EQ6 Pro

Guiding scope: Orion ST80

Other guiding equipment: Orion starshoot autoguider, teleview 2x barlow and 1.25" extension

Other (Not shown): ED100 0.85x focal reducer, Astronomik CLS-CCD EOS clip in filter, several other bits and pieces.

Imaging is done using the Canon 500D mentioned above.

Wishing for a clear night right about now.

Now I'm beginning to wish I hadn't suggested it! Could be the start of something expensive...

Love all these eq. Time to start listing my gear, pics to follow

Digital Camera bodies:

Canon 400d hydrogen alpha/IR modified

Nikon d5000

Lenses:

For canon;

Canon 18-55 IS kit lens

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG Macro

For Nikon;

18-55 kit lens

70-300 tamron telemacro

On my lens wish list at the moment, in line of purchase order

Sigma 105mm Macro

Canon 70-200 f2.8 usm

Camera Accessories;

Yongno YN-465 t/l flash

Canon 430EX II flash

Intervelometers for both

5x batteries for both cams

Battery grips for both cams

Now for my astrophotography gear

Scope: skywatcher ED80 black diamond series

Guidescope: 50mm finder scope attached to a QHY5 CMOS guide camera

Reducer: William optics PflatII 0.85x

Mount: skywatcher HEQ5 pro

Filters: baadar 2" hydrogen alpha/uhc-s and oxygen III

Regards,

Rob

Finally cleared my room to put the gear in one place.

From left to right: Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6, Sony DT 18-70mm f4-5.6, Sony a200, Sony DT 50mm f1.8 (on the a200), Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Sony DT 75-300mm f4-5.6

Only have one CF which is the Sandisk Extreme III 8GB flash which is in the a200.

EDIT: Forgot the lens on the a200, that's the DT 50mm f1.8. Love that lens a lot given my wedding photos. :)

Dude is that still the same body i sold you last year, you built up an awesome range of lenses.

Finally cleared my room to put the gear in one place.

From left to right: Tamron 70-200mm f2.8, Tamron 70-300mm f4-5.6, Sony DT 18-70mm f4-5.6, Sony a200, Sony DT 50mm f1.8 (on the a200), Tamron 17-50mm f2.8, Sony DT 75-300mm f4-5.6

Only have one CF which is the Sandisk Extreme III 8GB flash which is in the a200.

EDIT: Forgot the lens on the a200, that's the DT 50mm f1.8. Love that lens a lot given my wedding photos. :)

Dude is that still the same body i sold you last year, you built up an awesome range of lenses.

Yeah, it's the same body as the one last year. But I managed out-grow the kit lenses so the above pic is pretty much the end result. The only lens I'm thinking of getting is possibly a wide-angle but the 17-50 is taking over that role so I'm rethinking of getting some filters to finish the collection. Next year, I'm planning to take the camera out more often as this year was a bit of a white-wash. :S

Updated my kit.

EOS 7D (w/grip)

Sigma 10-20 F3.5

Canon 50mm F1.8

Canon 24-105L F4

Canon 100-400 F4.5-5.6L

Canon 100mm F2.8L Macro

Canon Speedlite 430EXII

Posted Image

I just got me one of these:

Posted Image

It kicks a fair bit of arse, let me tell you. Still getting used to it. I drew a dodgy looking eye with it today:

Posted Image

-X

@ Gen ; Agreed on how cool a tablet is for the pc. I've only got the entry level (read ; tiny) Wacom Bamboo and doing p-p work on photos is very intuative. I couldn't create anything from scratch if my life depended on it. Nice work btw.

@ flag ; zomg. Awesome kit upgrade. I'm looking forward to seeing some 8fps work from it though :p

Taken from my phone, so not the best quality but meh. also: thumbnail

Posted Image

Canon 450D body with Canon EFS 18 - 55 f3.5 IS kit lens

Canon EFS 55 - 250 f4 IS kit lens

Cosina 50mm f1.9 pentax K mount with EOS conversion ring fitted

Canon SX120IS P&S

Not pictured:

Sigma 75 - 300 macro (away getting the autofocus and aperture fixed)

Canon EF 100m f2.8 USM Macro (I only bought this the other day, still waiting for it to arrive)

Still gotta get my hands on a flash. not sure if I want to dump a heap into a speedlite yet though, so looking at alternatives. Also considering getting a Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II to replace the cosina, as the focus ring is VERY grindy on it now.....

EDIT: changed to thumbnail image

Edited by G-relk

no pics as yet; as I haven't actually purchased it... BUT

I shall be getting a Panasonic GF1 by the end of Feb :)

it will be my first dslr

cant wait!

My Kit has been updated slightly

Posted Image

Canon 450D

Canon EF 100mm f2.8 Macro USM

Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II

Canon EF-S 18 - 55mm f3.5 - 5.6 IS

Canon EF-S 55 - 250mm f4 - 5.6 IS

Canon EF 70 - 200mm f4 L USM (coming in the mail curtesy of Ebay)

Nissin Di466 Flash

once Ive sold both the EF-S lenses Im going to get a Tamron 17 - 50 to round out the kit :D

The 70-200/4L is a fucking fine choice. Well done.

Yeah, im pretty stoked. it arrived not long after i posted that pic actually.

i only paid $700 for it, and its JUST over a month old, with original invoice from Teds, so no worries aobut the warrnty, plus the $100 or so saving was welcome.

next up is the Tamron 17 - 50 and my kit is done :D

also, ill edit my last post with a new pic in a minute