Sign in to follow this  
eat_the_flag

3g router x2 combined & voip phone

The story goes,

We are getting a new temp warehouse location that needs internet and phone for orders etc,

We cant get a phone line in, Since its going to cost to much, So i was thinking about this,

If i was to get 2 HSPDA/ 3g Routers and "link them togeather into a switch" will that work? will i get "double speed" or do i need something else for it to work..

(i would be using 2x MBM621) with possibly hutch 3..

Netgear MBM621 Router

If i connect a voip phone to this network, will it be worth it? Or will the delay/ Qty be that bad?

Crude drawing >

Posted Image

If the voip set up does not work i guess i could always try this:

I am not really an expert on mobile phones but i guess this would work on the aussie mobile phone network?

Linky

Thanks xD

As far as I know voip will not work that way as it is likely that due to signals sometimes retransmitting packets the call quality would be degraded and broken up. Oh and hooking two HSPDA connections up will not give you twice the speed.

As far as I know voip will not work that way as it is likely that due to signals sometimes retransmitting packets the call quality would be degraded and broken up. Oh and hooking two HSPDA connections up will not give you twice the speed.

oh ok :(

that sucks..

Thanks anyway..

You would be better of having an exchange 'land line number' and setting up a LNP diversion with Telstra (Or your service provider) to a warehouse mobile - would be cheaper - or use an existing number at the head office, and doing a *21xxxxxxxxxx# diversion

Just make sure you shop around for the best deal on outbound calls from that mobile, or you will be charged through the hose

As for the internet, any 3g stuff would be slow unless you use something that is marketed under the Telstra 'blue tick' range (look at the 21G dongle as an example)

Edited by amckern

You would be better of having an exchange 'land line number' and setting up a LNP diversion with Telstra (Or your service provider) to a warehouse mobile - would be cheaper - or use an existing number at the head office, and doing a *21xxxxxxxxxx# diversion

As for the internet, any 3g stuff would be slow unless you use something that is marketed under the Telstra 'blue tick' range (look at the 21G dongle as an example)

I am trying to stay away from telstra due to there price..

I suppose if the signal is strong enough it will work well for receiving orders. We are only holding 1 product so it should be easy..

I was also trying to put the edit to look at other service providers - i use 3 at home, and know its good coverage in Sydney, and falls back to 2g when roaming