TidyBoi

[Trouble] Urgent help! Application Experience in Vista

Hey guys,

I installed Speedy Vista on my dads laptop, not realising it removed application experience so now I can't install older software for him.

Is there anyway I can put it back on? He's gonna snap if he finds out, so its rather urgent.

Thanks

Hey guys,

I installed Speedy Vista on my dads laptop, not realising it removed application experience so now I can't install older software for him.

Is there anyway I can put it back on? He's gonna snap if he finds out, so its rather urgent.

Thanks

Ouch... guessing the CD's that came with laptop are also gone ?? or was it one of those Laptops which come with a drive partition and you create a recovery disk from it after you purchase?

Well if all of the above I can only guess going to manufacturer's web site and hoping it is an application which is both available for D/L and compatible with your Vista :)

good luck.

M

Application experience is an inbuilt service that comes with Vista. In this stripped down version of Vista though, that service got deleted which I didn't realise.

Gah. I'm screwed.

Application experience is an inbuilt service that comes with Vista. In this stripped down version of Vista though, that service got deleted which I didn't realise.

Gah. I'm screwed.

ahhh... me not Vista savvy yet sorry :(

Hmmm... have you trawled the google groups for a solution or a friendly pointer to an answer ??

M

Perhaps it just stopped the service!

Have you tried looking through the services to try and re-activate it?

If you go: Start > Run and type services.msc, Application Experience should be at the top... then just start it again