Reb1rth.

Driving games for my G25.

Yo ladies.

I picked up a G25 a few weeks ago and all I've got is Gran Turismo: Prologue, and GTR Evolution...

Also, I just grabbed a copy of Test Drive Unlimited.

What's some other good driving games around for PC?

I love rally games but I can't find anything based in realism that's also quite recent (do NOT say DIRT).

I had GTR2 back before I got the wheel, but I figured there's no point in getting it again if I already have GTR Evolution... that, and I find the career/championship modes in the GTR games to be quite lacking.

There's no real reason to play them over single races... from my experience. :S

I was looking at rFactor, but I really can't be bothered researching and downloading a billion mods just to make the game interesting...

Any suggestions?

Rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally rally it's my favorite racing.

But circut racing is fine, as long as it's not arcade garbage where the cars have no weight to them (Hello GRID, hello DIRT).

Go fetch a copy of Richard Burns Rally and you'll be set 4 lyf for rallying games.

Also, make sire to download the excellent Mr Men V8 mod for GTR.

Finally, Live For Speed is well worth a look.

I've been looking for a decent driving experience as well.

So thank you both very much for saving me from unsatisfying driving games.

cheers guys.

:-)

I find GRID and DIRT to be alright games with a controller, but with a wheel they just feel so ridiculously shit.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue feels almost perfect though.

@elf: Is Richard Burns Rally based on realism?

It looks a bit shitty, graphically.

I understand it's oldish now, but still.

I'll give it a shot regardless.

DIRT 2 is looking good.

I watched a video on it and they said they're making the cars more weighty and realistic in the handling department, because many 'fans' of the Colin series didn't like it.

@elf: Is Richard Burns Rally based on realism?

It looks a bit shitty, graphically.

I understand it's oldish now, but still.

I'll give it a shot regardless.

I'll just quote the metacritic snippet from Edge, which perfectly sums up RBR (and once The End comes back, he can fill you in on the awesomeness that is RBR too):

"RBR demands a level of concentration and a delicacy of control that the majority of gamers won't have encountered before, thus ensuring it occupies a genuine gap in a crowded market. A harsh but rewarding drive. [sept 2004, p.104]"

In short, yes, it is a veryrealistic ride. Forget the graphics.

Edited by elfinke

Richard Burns Rally is THE Rally Sim.

It is brutally, punishingly realistic.

Nail the swedish flick in the training level.

Only then will you understand what I mean.

Edited by gun_sl1nger

never played it, but its prolly to hard for the console generation, or it wasnt popular due to its difficulty?

does trackmania: nations and/or united forever support a wheel? if they do then check them out, great titles they are. and nations forever is free too!

Already played Trackmania, it's good for shits and giggles and making retarded tracks, but that's about it.

I like racing sims much more than arcade stuff...

I was gonna grab rFactor, but is it any good without mods?

I keep reading it's not... but hey, I can't find it anywhere for purchase anyway. :S

Just 'obtained' Richard Burns Rally to try it out.

EDIT: Ugh... Burns has a max res of 1280x1024, and no widescreen.

Anything outside of 1920x1080 is all blurry and horrible.

Edited by Reb1rth.

I was gonna grab rFactor, but is it any good without mods?

I keep reading it's not... but hey, I can't find it anywhere for purchase anyway. :S

terrible without mods.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com

a TRILLION MODS

great ones ive played include:

Touring Legends Championship (TLC)

V8factor

BMW 320i e21

Megane Trophy

NA GT

the noob servers are pretty brutal in the sense that most races are 5 to 10 laps only so everyone just goes full bore and alot of ramming goes on. If you play leauge races (look at rfc for details) its lots of fun with people driving sensibly and cars not being tuned to be 5 lap wonders lol

It's okay I'd crash in the first 3 laps hahaha.

Bookmarked that site, so if I come across rFactor anywhere, I'll pick it up I guess.

Even though I didn't care it for much, rFactor is worth your time. I preferred GTR (especially with MMMv8 mod) and LFS though.

RBR is the creme de la creme of rally games, make no mistake. Sorry that 1280*1024 doesn't impress you any... as it is all about the physics. It didn't sell well because A) when was the last time you ever saw a copy of RBR on a retail shelf? and b) it was brutally real.

Yeah, I'd still play it if my monitor didn't stretch the shit out of it... but it does, and I hate it.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see how DIRT 2 turns out.

Haha, they're pretty cheap now, and if you're into the driving games quite a bit, they're well worth it!

I snagged mine for $280.

+1 for rFactor, it's great. Get the V8 mod as well.

Played it, in a professional sim. Painfully realistic.

I got rFactor and a whole bunch of mods and tracks and cars and shit... only to play it and not even enjoy it.

I dunno, the cars just feel wierd after playing so much GTR2 and Evolution... so I've just been grabbing some Evo mods instead. :)

I got rFactor and a whole bunch of mods and tracks and cars and shit... only to play it and not even enjoy it.

I dunno, the cars just feel wierd after playing so much GTR2 and Evolution... so I've just been grabbing some Evo mods instead. :)

Yeah it's not a game, it's a simulator. Farking painful when you're in a race car with tons of power and you've never done it before.......and you're racing in a comp.

If you spin out you're stuffed for half a lap.

I had GTR2 back before I got the wheel, but I figured there's no point in getting it again if I already have GTR Evolution... that, and I find the career/championship modes in the GTR games to be quite lacking.

have u tried gtr2 in simulation mode. that is very realistic if that's what your after

have u tried gtr2 in simulation mode. that is very realistic if that's what your after

Haha, they're pretty cheap now, and if you're into the driving games quite a bit, they're well worth it!

I snagged mine for $280.

where?

tbh i havent checked recently, but this lazy Shopbot result doesnt look promising

"Price range: $307.00 to $599.00 at 64 stores "