Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Reb1rth.

Driving games for my G25.

RBR is the pinnacle of rally sims. I know, because I've played most of them. There probably is a resolution mod out there if you look for it. (Try Race Sim Central or Blackhole Motorsports).

Live For Speed, GT Legends and GP Legends are also essential, since you've already got GTR.

I got rFactor and a whole bunch of mods and tracks and cars and shit... only to play it and not even enjoy it.

I dunno, the cars just feel wierd after playing so much GTR2 and Evolution... so I've just been grabbing some Evo mods instead. :)

Yeah it's not a game, it's a simulator. Farking painful when you're in a race car with tons of power and you've never done it before.......and you're racing in a comp.

If you spin out you're stuffed for half a lap.

Yes, GTR Evolution is also a sim... and rFactor still feels shit in comparison.

I had GTR2 back before I got the wheel, but I figured there's no point in getting it again if I already have GTR Evolution... that, and I find the career/championship modes in the GTR games to be quite lacking.

have u tried gtr2 in simulation mode. that is very realistic if that's what your after

Yeah, I play GTR Evolution on the same level, but there's just no incentive to play any kind of championship over single races - which is what I don't like about them.

The driving on the other hand, is awesome.

I think Gran Turismo 5 feels perfect with the G25 though - which is nice, cuz it's not just race-built cars, and you have a reason to progress...

Haha, they're pretty cheap now, and if you're into the driving games quite a bit, they're well worth it!

I snagged mine for $280.

where?

tbh i havent checked recently, but this lazy Shopbot result doesnt look promising

"Price range: $307.00 to $599.00 at 64 stores "

Ebay, BUT... also, $298 at AnyPC - http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search...+G25&spos=1

RBR is the pinnacle of rally sims. I know, because I've played most of them. There probably is a resolution mod out there if you look for it. (Try Race Sim Central or Blackhole Motorsports).

Live For Speed, GT Legends and GP Legends are also essential, since you've already got GTR.

I'll have a look around for a resolution mod for RBR.

I recently found a good one for Deus Ex (unrelated, I know) that lets me play in 1920x1080, with a scaled HUD and everything, so I guess it only makes sense to have a look for one for RBR. :)

have u heard of FUEL? i have been waiting for that one for a while! apparently its open world racing, with weather and storm effects. check it out its coming out very soon!!

link

Can't wait for the F1 game from Codemasters. Hope it's coming out this year, would go brilliantly with the G25 in my opinion.

We'll see.

It should be good if they move away from the weightless arcadey feel of DIRT and GRID... not that I'm big on F1, but it'll be good for some. :)

i guess (*fuel) its aracady but then again GRID had me frustrated, i cudnt win a single race the sensitivity was too bad,, i cudnt get used to it and i didnt get to an acceptable adjusted value (played wth my xbox controller) and it was annoying yes good graphics, yes realism but dam frustated was annoyed so much after in every race i was doing 360 spinouts on normal road with a slight degree turn and as soon as the wheels hit grass forget it, its like skating ... that was the most annoying experience of a racing game ever, i regretting not getting the latest NFS series at that time