scrotsloth

Using a 64-bit OS? Tell us here!

Hey all,

So you're using a 64-bit operating system, nice. Why have you chosen to use a 64-bit os though? Need it for proper crysis editor support? More system memory? bragging rights? why are you using it eh? =P

Like it? Hate it? Easy to use? harder? many problems? experiences!

Tell us about your specs and software you run too aye? =)

Thanks.

Regards, Scrotsloth

I've got Windows 7 64bit, but also ran Vista 64Bit and server 64bit

2 reasons for running was "Cause i can" and also the 6gb of ram (again cause i could).

I've had no problems with it really, I had an issue with the telstra turbo modem drivers on vista 64bit but otherwise it hasn't been a major issue to me.

most of the games/program i've used have been ok, they may have needed a bit of tweaking or updates. and it's a bugger to remember to get the 64bit version of software but it's been stable and humming along quite happily

Stephen

Win XP 64bit. Soon to be Win7 64bit.

I use it to make the most of my ram mainly.

Had no problems with drivers or applications. Everything works great.

Vista x64 here

Had a few issues with drivers but nothing that google couldnt fix for me in no time.

Why - cause i want to use all of my 4gb ... and i was hoping vista would be the last of the 32bit OS's ... sigh :(

I use vista 64 bit for more ram mostly. But this has really been covered in this thread and the three threads listed in that post by iamthemaxx :)

I use vista 64 bit for more ram mostly. But this has really been covered in this thread and the three threads listed in that post by iamthemaxx :)

Yeah but you know, another thread is always handy.....*cough*

Vista x64. Used for more RAM. And to develop and test 64 bit windows apps on.

I've been running XP x64 for the past couple of years without any issues or conflicts. the only program that I couldn't get to work is 'Balls Of Steel', my favorite pinball game - understandable, seeing it was written originally for win95......

I tried vista numerous times, and found it to be very unstable, and unable to play with a lot of my games and software - 2x C2D rigs, and i7 rig later, and it's still an unstable pig.

win7 x64 RC1 is great, I'm dual booting atm (with XP x64) but I haven't entered the XP x64 partition for well over a month - 7's doing everything great, plays [nearly] all (damn you Balls Of Steel!!!) my games, all peripherals, and pretty well all my programs, totally unlike Vista.

my reasons for running a x64 bit OS? too much OS & graphics memory for a 32 bit OS to deal with - why else?

I'd still be using XP x32 if it would recognise/play with more RAM.....and playing Balls Of Steel, goddamn it!

:(

Edited by osama_bin_athlon

Vista x64 here, haven't had a single problem.

It was mostly because... I had no reason to stick with old technology.

Rob.

Win7 X64

Ive already hit about 5 of my old games that I didnt konw were 16bit that wont run. I is very sad. Yeah I can dosbox, but its so much extra effort.

Windows 7 RC <x64>.

Simply so that I can get ahead with the learning curve that's required when I get the new OS.

And for a RC, the OS works really well too.

Windows 7 RC <x64>.

Simply so that I can get ahead with the learning curve that's required when I get the new OS.

And for a RC, the OS works really well too.

pre RC it worked great aswell

i keep in forgetting im on build 7077, feels like a finished product!