Sign in to follow this  
diplomat

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

Just to let you all know about the new website for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat. It will be the third stand-alone game in the highly-acclaimed Survival FPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series. On its pages you will find information about the game, the Zone inhabitants, its heroes, as well as a fresh set of screenshots, technical requirements, and much else.

Link to official website:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

From what i know the game will be out sometime this year. Anybody else excited.

Edited by diplomat

I've been pumped for this for a few weeks now, or well... since the day it was first announced - to be exact.

I just finished re-playing through Shadow of Chernobyl OL2.2, too. :D

Can't wait.

Just hope it's a little better optimized than the last two games. :)

Check this out, it's translated to <a form of> English.

So it's quaint to read.

But check the pictures.

There's sure some Stalker love flowing along nicely in those pix.

:-)

I just hope you can explore more areas in this release than you could in the others.

http://translate.google.es/translate?u=htt...es&ie=UTF-8

Edit...

I forgot the link...DOH!!!

;-p

Oh yeah...

And found this, 210mb.

Taken by a 3rd party, shot from the side of an lcd.

It's a little rough around the edges, but it gives an idea of what it's like.

http://static.ogl.ru/video/00/00/42/40/sta...09_gameplay.avi

Edited by pekkahead

Really looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of the series, and seem to have thus far avoided the bugs which many people seem to encounter.

I love this game game series i still do the odd rerun of Shoc every now and again.

I have the Russian version of CoP with an English translation patch (which is shockingly bad - just a quick run through Google translate, I think), seems like a good game so far... though the whole horrible translation thing is kinda putting me off from getting 'too' obsessed like I was with the previous games.

English release is apparently due Q1 2010... and also there's supposedly people at work on a proper English translation for the Russian version.

Random screenshot I took in-game today. :)

1920x1080, maxed out on DX10 (no AA).

Posted Image

Edited by Reb1rth.

With the way the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series is optimized, I think you'd need three of them to get any kind of decent framerate. :P

I have the Russian version of CoP with an English translation patch (which is shockingly bad - just a quick run through Google translate, I think), seems like a good game so far... though the whole horrible translation thing is kinda putting me off from getting 'too' obsessed like I was with the previous games.

Curious. And where did you get this version from?

How is it running for you?

Seems reasonably smooth-ish... nothing too amazing, I'm gonna guess around 30-40fps.

I can't tell 100%, as Fraps doesn't seem to work with the game for some reason.

Bit shit, but playable. 1920x1080 DOES tend to rape your PC when it comes to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. though.

I also read that the X-ray engine only utilizes 50% of your first two CPU cores and barely touches the others (if any) - which is also a bit shit...

But yeah, it's more playable on DX10 than Clear Sky is/was on the same settings... in which I was getting around 14fps in the starting camp.

I'm actually scared to see how it performs on DX11... it'll just be rushed, unoptimized garbage like Clear Sky DX10 is/was.

Sad. :(

Curious. And where did you get this version from?

You can obtain the Russian version from Ebay, champ. :)

my system ate clear sky for brekky, at 1920 x 1200 i could max all settings and the min i was getting was around 35 or so. having said that my GPU is far gruntier than yours Reb1rth.

it will indeed be interesting to see how it performs with DX11, but if it performs as well as CS with DX10 with more optimised graphics so it loks prettier, then ill be very happy.

otherwise it MAY be time for a HD 5XX0 series card... >:)

I think I'm getting addicted to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. again. :(

I can't tell if it's a good thing or a bad thing... :P

my system ate clear sky for brekky, at 1920 x 1200 i could max all settings and the min i was getting was around 35 or so. having said that my GPU is far gruntier than yours Reb1rth.

it will indeed be interesting to see how it performs with DX11, but if it performs as well as CS with DX10 with more optimised graphics so it loks prettier, then ill be very happy.

Dasa and myself could barely pull over 25fps on our 4870x2s at the start, long shadows killed that game.

Dasa and myself could barely pull over 25fps on our 4870x2s at the start, long shadows killed that game.

yeah, the swamps it was a bit choppy at times, but not too bad over all. there is a mod that changes the CPU affinity that helped heaps and heaps that i used.

EDIT: were you using a quad or a dual?? apparently using a quad helped too, but ive never been able to test it, with me only haveing a quad and all...

Edited by G-relk

I've played it on a Quad Q9550 @ 3.8 and an E8600 @ 4.5, the start camp wasnt CPU limited, it was GPU limited, simply put - The Long shadows in the morning killed it.

morgoth your pc should handle it maxed just without aa

except maybe the first base level which may drop to ~24fps at dawn and dusk which is still playable considering there is no combat there

some of the other levels will be fine with a little aa

latest patches and new drivers have helped a fair bit

as for stalker cop im really looking forward to it and want to see how it runs on a 58#0 bnew im looking at you :)

Edited by Dasa

morgoth your pc should handle it maxed just without aa

except maybe the first base level which may drop to ~24fps at dawn and dusk which is still playable considering there is no combat there

some of the other levels will be fine with a little aa

latest patches and new drivers have helped a fair bit

as for stalker cop im really looking forward to it and want to see how it runs on a 58#0 bnew im looking at you :)

Heh, I want to fire up the original STALKER sometime soon. I went to buy Clear Sky on ebay (saw it for around $30 last week) but now all the Australian sellers are out of stock :(

As for COP, I'll wait for the english release. Too much stuffing around with the Russian -> english stuff for my liking.