Sign in to follow this  
Aki54

A list sure to cause debate.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=3700

The list isn't finished yet, they still have their top ten to reveal and i started with the 20 - 11 just cause i'm lazy and didn't want to go through the whole list. Personal weird choices for me in the 20 - 11 range are GoldenEye and FFX. GoldenEye gets looked at with retro goggles, yes it was the first game to do FPS well on a console but it wasn't a great game. Final Fantasy 10 i have a hard time liking because like every JRPG since FF7 it was stamped out of a mold to appeal to a niche audience rather than trying anything new and interesting with the PS2 hardware. Lets try to keep the arguing civil and good natured folks, because i'm sure someone will take exception to my criticisms and i'll probably take exception to what others say about some game i loved.

Edit: Having a look through the rest of the hundred... Bioshock and Street Fighter 2 didn't even crack the top 50!? Madness i say, madness.

2nd Edit: List is officialy broken. Final Fantasy 8 is higher than Half Life 2...

Edited by Aki54

These 'top [insert whatever]' lists are always a big wank... Lots of the gaming sites do them and it's just something they do to kill time and fuel fan wars.

If I posted my own top 100 list (Like I could ever be fucked to do it), it would hold just as much weight... You've already pointed out plenty of questionable opinion, which everybody would seem guilty of in some part, in their own way.

Lists that size are especially bad because people just get lazy trying to arrange so many titles in a thoughtful way.

Honestly, i'm at work and i'm bored. I figured it'd give something to talk about since this forum has been a bit dead of late due to not many games coming out.

That list is bull.

Do they say how they compiled this info?

I cant see it anywhere....

Let me guess - about 60 of them are Nintendo games?

/goes off for a look.

Yep, I see a big mass debate happening here!

fap fap fap

but seriously FF8 > HL2?!?!?!?

[balki Bartokomous] GET OUT OF THE CITY [/balki Bartokomous]

Ah, I see they're operating by the 'if it's from Japan it's cool' criteria.

EDIT: All the FF shit and Kingdom Hearts in front of Baldur's Gate 2? FUCK. OFF.

EDIT #2: World of Warcrack in front of Fallout? FUCK. OFF.

EDIT #3: Banjo Kazooie in front of Gears of War and Mass Effect? FUCK. OFF.

I'm just gonna stop now before all these otaku fanbois give me a stroke from all this righteous anger.

Edited by The Manta

We all know that solitaire is the number 1 pc game of all time, how many people havent had it on atleast one machine? :P

/turns and runs from thread.

I refuse to click the link and dignify the list. They only make them to et click-throughs...

Everyone else's answers have said enough ('cept for the Goldeneye hate).