Sign in to follow this  
Athiril

The Atomic Sponsored Photo Comp #1

Allrighty, shots for my 2 B&W ideas done, post process, and shots for my land and city scapes in the morning. Have only a few ideas for a night shot, but the no tripod situation I'm in makes it difficult. And no idea what I'll do for the no limits shot!

I'm shooting with my Panasonic Lumix FZ-50 if it matters.

Allrighty, shots for my 2 B&W ideas done, post process, and shots for my land and city scapes in the morning. Have only a few ideas for a night shot, but the no tripod situation I'm in makes it difficult. And no idea what I'll do for the no limits shot!

I'm shooting with my Panasonic Lumix FZ-50 if it matters.

no tripod? rest your cam on something solid... or get a large ballon, fill it with sand, seal it, and use it like that (or wrapped in some cloth even) can make a little mold to hold your cam at whatever angle with that :) (i read that on some website some time ago hehe)

Well, I guess I'll be first off the blocks...

Night Photograph

This was taken last night outside my house...I had to be quick...was in the middle of the road :)

Black & White Photograph

This is a pole on the edge of a narrow driveway at the back of some shops...this is the damage it sustained.

Urban Landscape Photograph

A door behind some shops...taken from a little to low I think...but this is the final result.

Natural Landscape Photograph

This was taken for my media folio.

No Restriction, Cameras Gone Wild Photograph

A battered speed bump...wished I had my tripod there to get that extra sharpness...but oh well :)

All pics were taken on my Nikon D70s with kit 18-70 lens...all handheld except for the Natural pic. All shot in RAW and process in ACR and CS3. Hope you guys like 'em :)

Some nice work there pwarren.

Remember everyone, you still have until tonight to take and also submit your images!

Judging guidelines will be pm'ed to judges tonight some time.

I've still got to shoot my night photo so I'll be in a few hours before the deadline ;)

If all goes well and the LHC doesn't destroy the world before then that is.

-X

Here are mine, I'm not competing for the prize since I am sponsoring it :)

Night

Posted Image

Black and White

Posted Image

Urban Landscape

Posted Image

allrighty night shot done, I'm happy with it, just wish I had time to go out and take better shots of Melbourne while I'm here.

so:

Night:

Posted Image

Urban Landscape

Posted Image

Landscape

Posted Image

Black and White

Posted Image

Anything Goes

Posted Image

How the hell does you're night shot, look like it was shot during the day Athiril?

It was f/4, 1 minute, ISO 400, with a mostly full moon illuminating the place.

I did a 40 minute exposure at the same place, f/8, ISO 800 I think it was when there was no moon out and it was still 4 stops underexposed...

lol

judging guidelines for judges will be up tonight rather.

edit:

/me hasnt forgotten.. just got home from uni and is having a nap now...

I really wanted to do stuff fo rhtis but just kept running out of time :( I dislike missing out on being involved in these things.

Pwarren for the Urban Landscape. Whilst it needs some love in the contrast and saturation department, a polariser to get rid of those reflections, and a lower ISO to get rid of the noise, the composition and lighting are very nice.

CMOS for Cameras gone wild. I think you should have framed that central brown coloured bit out, but in general I love the chaos and the colours, and the overall tone too.

Athiril for B&W. Which, in that case, unless you want to save yourself some monies, perhaps we should extend the deadline?