Nich...

Aion

I'm umming and Ahhing about whether or not to preorder this on steam so i get beta access. its 60 USD for the collectors which comes with some exclusive items and stuff, or 50 USD for the standard.

Hmm.

I'm umming and Ahhing about whether or not to preorder this on steam so i get beta access. its 60 USD for the collectors which comes with some exclusive items and stuff, or 50 USD for the standard.

Hmm.

If you're going to perorder the collectors edition shits on the normal version. The wings you get with it saves you over a million gold at level 30 and gives you an extra 10 seconds on top of ones that the vendor actually sells. Think of it like getting a mount for free with vanilla WoW.

Still umming and ahhing about whether I want to actually buy the game.

Still umming and ahhing about whether I want to actually buy the game.

Get past level ten and actually try the game next time :P

Just pre-ordered the collector's edition (even though it's download only).

Anyone know when the official servers go up? (non-beta).. Hopefully it's after October 22, so my Windows 7 will be installed :D

Yeah, September 20th for the headstart, 22nd for live.

NCSoft are waiting on the 1.5 patch to go live to Korea in the next week or so (or it could possibly be out now, I'd have to check that) so they can translate it and have it live at release. The closed beta weekends at the moment are really just publicity stunts under the guise of localization of translation testing. Most of the things everyone complains about, from left button camera turning to quest gaps past 25 (funny how the beta stopped you there hey?...) to some class balancing has already been addressed in 1.1, 1.2 or 1.5. We just have to wait on them. At least it means it should be a smooth launch...

EDIT: Ewwww, CB5 is levels 1-30. I don't know if I could handle doing the 25-30 grind in 1.0 again knowing that a wipe is only two weeks away. Maybe I can hold onto a vain hope that 1.5 is applied before next weekend...

Edited by Ihsan

The only thing that is going to kill WoW is WoW2, or possibly D3. They have the casuals entrenched in their game with easy carrots and constant rotations of FOTM classes. They have no reason to try something new or challenging short of Blizzard turning off the servers on them.

What is a shame is that I found WAR quite fun to play. Scenarios were a heck of a lot of fun, but the community really sucked. Seriously. Fucking whingers.

That and I picked the most underpowered class there was. Huzzah for me. They then nerfed us in the latest patch! :D

Aion looks rad.

Preordered the CE from Steam I didn't even know this game existed till my brothers friend pointed it out, 2 days later I preordered it being a little tired of wow and the various nerfs and ridiculous buffs. My brother is getting CE as well, he's going chanter, I'm going templar/gladiator I'll decide more after playing in the beta more. I already got 1 friend who wants to jump over from WoW to Aion with a few other guildies so should be good!

I'm still unsure how fighting in free flight will work as melee, probably just have everyone kiting me just like on the ground ;P I haven't tried the trade skills yet and my gliding really sucks currently, but having so many cut scenes just makes the game feel a bit more epic, does anyone get the npc tracking commands and stuff you can do for quests? Btw the animations are awesome!

Crap I should be sleeping.

Forgot to mention, every class uses mana but the majority of warrior moves don't cost mana or the cost is nothing cosidering the massive pool you have at your disposal, it is nearly impossible to kill a priest/chanter/cleric at low levels since their mana pool is massive and lack of interrupts, but it apparently evens out later on in game.

Edited by tyno

Yo Tyno,

What realm you playing on? Myself and a bunch of gamers form all sorts of other games are all on Israphel, you in a Legion or know anyone to play with?

You should consider playing with us in the next beta, characters are wiped after this one.

www.gsgaming.net

forums there if you want to check things out. They only went up 2 days ago so not alot there, just good for coordinating what realm we will be playing on come Open Beta, friends welcome.

I pre-ordered via steam, but then had some concerns on whether it would be downloading via steam (which, for me, means via the gamearena servers, quota-free) or if it'd just launch the ncsoft launcher and download all of it via that.

I'm on my couple of hours of unlimited leech time, thanks to the last day of the billing cycle. I figured I'd tell steam to start getting Aion CE, with resource monitor open. Low and behold, it's downloading it via steam and their servers, and hence, for people on BP, quota-free : )

I don't know if the patches will work the same or not, but for now, this seems ok.

I tried more beta and thought I could get stuck into trade skills, well weapon smithing really, I got to like level 14 wep smithing and found that every single weapon that you craft requires 6+ weapon crafting stones that drop randomly of stuff like level 11+, in 2 hrs of killing I got 2 stones. So basically handcrafting, armour + weapon smithing will be extremely slow going to start until servers go live and you can buy everyones stones. The alchemy/potion crafting stuff, curse you WoW, only take a flask buyable at the trainers area like 2 herbs and 2 magic stuff that drops of specific creatures/items. So it would seem that all the trade skills are not easy to level up or you will just level entirely making useless items that are required to make stuff, like iron rod rather than use that rod in a weapon.

I got the hand on gliding, it turns out holding forwards while pressing "R" just cancels out your attempt to fly so had to let go of forwards to glide and all is good. I can't remember what server I was playing on, started with Z, Aion sounds like my new home with the terrible response in Rogue: Q & A.

You don't level crafting by making stuff to sell/use. You talk to the Crafting trainer, get a crafting request (that gives you all the mats you can't buy off the vendor, ie distilled water, coal etc) and make those items to level. Hand the quest in for a reward, lather, rinse, repeat.

I've got a question about the pre order.

On Friday I pre ordered the Limited Edition from GAME. I got the empty DVD case with the BETA key.

What I want to know is, do I have to play the BETA to get the bonus in-game items? If not how do I get them when the game is released?

On Friday I pre ordered the Limited Edition from GAME. I got the empty DVD case with the BETA key.

What I want to know is, do I have to play the BETA to get the bonus in-game items? If not how do I get them when the game is released?

No

/claim (I think, they'll no doubt mention it closer to release)

No

/claim (I think, they'll no doubt mention it closer to release)

Thanks for that.

In regards to Aion,

does everyone have wings?

If so, do you need transport? do you get mounts?

You get wings at level 10.

You just can't use them in every area.

I'm a pre-order it. See if I like it. Boo Hiss.