Nich...

Aion

I'll probably be training handicrafting to start :)

I can deal with early melee and will definitely be going bow rather than sword for the higher levels. I don't really like melee combat much :P

No Oceanic player better like melee combat, or PvP for that matter. NcWest (based in Seattle) are now moving their beta servers from Austin Texas to Washington DC. As far as they're concerned the lag has been non existent in the closed beta events and that Aion's mechanics means that ping is not an issue.

Clearly they're smoking something good. I'll wager it's one hundred dollar bills from Australia, New Zealand and what ever the form of currency is in Singapore.

Ignoring the obvious question of if the closed beta servers are fine why are they moving the servers in the first place, the NcWest's developers clearly have no clue about pings or how their game actually works. They've also not had to listen to the annoying voice telling them that their target is out of range or that they need to be behind their target. Although they'd probably love that considering how high quality they think their terrible dubbing was. Aion has no global cooldown or spell queueing, it really is a case of the faster you are the more you can pull off and that matters drastically in PvP(vE). A quick search of youtube will bring a video of an individual living near a server casting aerial hold followed by aether flame. This knocks the target into the air for a number of seconds allowing the caster to repeatedly mash the seconds spell before the target falls to the ground. The video shows the caster getting seven consecutive casts of aether flame off. Americans (and Australians) currently playing in China can only get three to four casts off. Clearly ping doesn't matter...

If NcWest had actually let people level past twenty five in most of the closed betas (the point where PvP really begins in the game) rather then one or two weekends and let people get past level thirty so that they can get most of their abilities they would of had a lot more feedback on things like this but alas I guess they're far too busy taking twelve months to translate something to actually pay attention to how atrocious the lag really has been in the closed betas and how many people have died from rubber banding back off the edge of a cliff in the abyss to their death because the game constantly decides to throw people back to where they were five seconds ago.

pre-ordered the CE off steam, downloading all this patch bullshit. Takes a while, thank god for my 90GB cap. 20% through the 1.0.2.14>1.5.0.1 patch, weighing in at just a touch under 3 gig.

Undecided what class i will go, but i will most likely roll Elyos, due to the almost universal selection of the dark/evil by retards and children. Maybe scout/assassin or mage/sorceror, hell, maybe both. As long as AU players still get a headstart I will be happy. From the sounds of things 2 days is alright, but what is possible in such a time frame?

depending on your play time during said 2days it basicly means you'll be out of the noob zone (about 5-7 hours of play) and possibly into the late teens. While its not much really it does mean slightly less crowded areas while your questing and lots of time to find/make stuff to sell at stupidly high prices to the under privaliged 8^P.

http://www.aionaus.com/forum/ seems to where afew of the aust based legions are congregating atm to decide which server to roll on, they are doing a vote this thursday i believe so spread the word ^_^.

Ihsan you know of any other places doing the same thing?

As for race the legion i'm rolling with (was AWESOME in the cbt) are leaning towards asmo atm but we keep changing our mind heheh because really it makes almost no difference to the game itself.

That looks like a replacement board to AionAustralia forums (after it's owner cracked an emo sad) so it's all the names that have been working towards a server selection for months across a lot of different websites.

Asmo is going to be the zerg race, every man and his dog is rolling it zzz. There's going to be no elyos to kill.

Then Pick Elyos Ihsan :P

I'm leaning towards that, I know last time most of Atomic picked Alliance when we all started wow at the same time.

If it helps any, Taran, I'm going whatever side Ihsan does. You should join us : p

Then Pick Elyos Ihsan :P

I'm leaning towards that, I know last time most of Atomic picked Alliance when we all started wow at the same time.

The guild has spoken, no one wants to put up with the retard-fuck-town that is Sanctuary and honestly I'm inclined to agree. That city is so badly designed it's not funny. The bank is nowhere near the crafting sector, you can't do crafting orders without moving back and forwards like you can on asmo, the stupid boat to an island in the middle of nowhere for quests that takes a fifteen minute round trip and the twenty five plus skills trainer being in the middle of bum fuck Idaho are just too annoying to put up with. I can live with all the emo kiddies for the first month before they go back to WoW because they aren't given everything on a platter, I can't live with that stupid capital for several years.

Besides I'm over being the 'pretty' race.

LoL oh dear....

You do the MMOrage so well Ihsan :P

I'll wanna pick the side of the non-serious "Fun" people Nich :P

I'm so ganking you and setting up shop on your face then Taran, just to hear you rage.

My PC decided to have a fit last night... needs some repairs now :(

What timing...

Hopefully I'll have my PC back up and running by the 23rd... hopefully...

Server selection and headstart are also well before the 23rd. Don't worry though, your server is whatever I choose and your race is the opposite to mine. :P

Edited by Ihsan

Server selection and headstart are also well before the 23rd. Don't worry though, your server is whatever I choose and your race is the opposite to mine. :P

Head start starts on the 23rd doesn't it? With the standard release on the 25th?

Pft, Taran.

OB starts on the 6th : p

I don't care about open beta. I don't really feel like playing for a week and then have to start all over again.

Players who have pre-ordered Aion will be treated to a Pre-Select and a two-day Headstart period giving them the opportunity to explore, organize and progress through the game prior to the official launch. Pre-Select will take place on 18th September, while Aion's Headstart will begin 20th September

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/aions-ope...t-programs.html

Europe starts live on the 25th (it has to do with the day shelves are stocked or something) but the US version starts live on the 22nd. Regardless of zone though headstart begins on the 20th.

Edited by Ihsan

Hrmmm well this poses a problem...

I purchased it through retail for the specific reason that I CANNOT download it due to data cap limitations. (1Gb cap, 2c per Kb after that)

I assumed that the CE install CD would be released to customers prior to the headstart, which as I just found out by calling the AU distributer, is not the case.

In order for me to actually participate in the headstart I need to download it.

Now the question... does anyone have a copy of the install that I can grab off them? :P

Edited by Taranthor

I shall :P

Hopefully I can get my PC fixed by then.. I'm hoping I'll be able to buy a new graphics card next week. Need new fan, cables and thermal paste for CPU too :/

what guild are you running with btw Ihsan?

The one with the guild tag under my name...

I did pre-order. I have to pick up my box from EB for it.

I'll also be upgrading my PC, and will maybe have some timee to actually utilize the early-starter benefits.