Nich...

Aion

CE Preorder placed :p

Any early plans for realm/faction? I don't want to have to reroll just after starting :P

Whatever has the highest % of oceanic players... the more of us there are, the less the latency issue seems to be a problem.

Hopfully, they add a GCD or atleast servers closer to Australia.

A GCD would destroy a large portion of the game (the game is after all made for a country with one of the highest average internet speeds in the world), it isn't really needed. You could mitigate most the of the issues of having some form of spell queuing a little leniency in the way of targets moving out of range. The second wouldn't be that hard to do since mobs can already do that.

Of course, most of the problems could be mitigated if NCWest weren't deluded idiots with their Oceanic population forced to play on servers next to the Atlantic ocean...

A GCD would destroy a large portion of the game (the game is after all made for a country with one of the highest average internet speeds in the world), it isn't really needed. You could mitigate most the of the issues of having some form of spell queuing a little leniency in the way of targets moving out of range. The second wouldn't be that hard to do since mobs can already do that.

Of course, most of the problems could be mitigated if NCWest weren't deluded idiots with their Oceanic population forced to play on servers next to the Atlantic ocean...

You have a point there.

I was pinging Washington before and coming up with about 400ms lat, which is bareable... I suppose.

Edited by Kastoli

The countdown well and truely starts now doesn't it...

Well, for me who didn't get the CB downloaded it does anyway :P

Edited by Kastoli

While I'm thinking about it... Is there any way to:

a) Bypass the NC Soft Launcher, and run the Aion Client Directly?

b) Remove the NC Soft Splash screen when I start Aion?

3) Reduce the startup time of the game from aprox 2-3mins.

While I'm thinking about it... Is there any way to:

a) Bypass the NC Soft Launcher, and run the Aion Client Directly?

b) Remove the NC Soft Splash screen when I start Aion?

3) Reduce the startup time of the game from aprox 2-3mins.

a) Probably, but since this is the thing that patches the game I'm not exactly sure why you'd want to do this

b) Close your eyes. At least it's not an Nvidia promo...

3) Buy a better computer. The game is supposed to take a while to load (albeit mine probably takes 20 seconds tops). It's like this because loading in game is almost non existent (and the zones are huge). I honestly have no idea what any of the splash screens actually say since they've never been up long enough to read.

A) Because it lags my internet like fuck

B) That hardly works because it freezes on the splash screen, (Why I wanna remove it)

C) I do need a better computer yes... : /

On another note.... Anyone having trouble connecting? I keep getting 'Cannot Connect to Authentication' server errors.

Edited by Kastoli

I thought it wasn't up until 11pm tonight. Apparently I can't count, and/or I got PDT wrong, or something.

Anyway, first server shutdown I've gotten to see (for the OB, anyway).

I thought it wasn't up until 11pm tonight. Apparently I can't count, and/or I got PDT wrong, or something.

Yeah... I logged in before "server shutting down in 5 seconds" : /

Somebody tell me where and what we are playing? >.>

For live? Who knows yet, the vote isn't till later this week.

As for OB, I'd recommend you just go out and get drunk atm. Their new, you beaut, lowest bidder servers are making <insert terrible servers here> look angelic. Provided you can get past the patcher and login servers, even the Americans are getting 10-20k pings. I pinged the server for about a minute straight and was getting anywhere from 350ms to 700ms responses (with most sitting around 600). There's something seriously wrong going on atm. I never experienced any rubber banding although I did notice one person who seemed to have it bad.

Then I logged off before the garbage in general chat made whats left of my brains dribble out my ears...

no keys for non pre ordering ppl yet. not that i can find anyway.

Played 1 hr before going to work this morning... server is horrible, lag and lag everywhere, been reading that lowerping have free beta account for testing their server, will try again tonight.

I saw a bunch of people bitching about lag and shit, this morning.

Didn't really notice any, and only had one or two small problems with rubberbanding.

regularly getting 13000+ ping

edit - 8mbit adsl btw, so no, it isn't a shit connection.

ridiculous, i hope they fix that shit before launch, or i wasted 70 bucks.

Edited by g0t.w00t?

Perhaps 500ms ping, which is what I expect in an MMO considering I play on a 3g link.

Ahah.

You'd probably get a better ping/connection to the NA datacentre than we do, Kunzie.

Ahah.

You'd probably get a better ping/connection to the NA datacentre than we do, Kunzie.

Open Beta starts 9 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. BST, 6 p.m. CEST) on Sunday, September 6th.

1. I downloaded 9.1 GB

2. I have a NCSoft Account (with Dungeon Runners! woohow)

3. I patched it uptodate

4. I get to the Login Screen ...

Now all I need is a "Serial Number" to put into NCSoft Game Accounts screen? right?

And I get that by where ...

I do not want to buy it without trying it in open beta for a few days

I do not want to Join a paid beta key service

I do not want to get infected by the top search results on google which are all "harmful sites" lol

:P

If its a **** secret PM me the **** ***** secret handshake

Now all I need is a "Serial Number" to put into NCSoft Game Accounts screen? right?

correct :D

If you want to try it, just paid a $10 for pre-order then you get the beta key, if you like it paid the rest when the game release...

i just paid for the Collectors edition last night, dowloaded it through steam was fast as, averaged 600k/s. had ago this morning before i headed off to uni, i like it so far although its early days yet :)

Patience is a virtue.

Fileplanet removes membership requirement!

Close Combat

Not willing to pay for a Aion beta key? Fileplanet has removed their subscription requirement and is handing out beta keys to registered users for free! All you have to do is sign up. Keys are only available for a limited time and on a first come, first serve basis so be sure to hurry on over and get one

http://tentonhammer.com/node/74140

Considering how much trouble NcSoft is currently having with their servers this is probably a silly thing, but no doubt it was planned from the start. Whether or not I have the patience to sit around and wait for them to pull their fingers out of their arses and get west coast servers that don't have a 600-700 ping is another thing...