Nich...

Aion

Ahah.

You'd probably get a better ping/connection to the NA datacentre than we do, Kunzie.

Open Beta starts 9 a.m. PDT (5 p.m. BST, 6 p.m. CEST) on Sunday, September 6th.

1. I downloaded 9.1 GB

2. I have a NCSoft Account (with Dungeon Runners! woohow)

3. I patched it uptodate

4. I get to the Login Screen ...

Now all I need is a "Serial Number" to put into NCSoft Game Accounts screen? right?

And I get that by where ...

I do not want to buy it without trying it in open beta for a few days

I do not want to Join a paid beta key service

I do not want to get infected by the top search results on google which are all "harmful sites" lol

:P

If its a **** secret PM me the **** ***** secret handshake

Got in Free

Fileplanet is now open beta, to anyone even (free account holders) now.

took long enough.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/aion/beta/

[West] Siel GMT-8/ PST

[West] Israphel GMT-8 / PST

[West] Nezekan GMT-8 / PST

[West] Triniel GMT-8 / PST

[West] Vaizel GMT-8 / PST

[West] Zikel GMT-8 / PST

[East] Ariel GMT-5 / EST

[East] Azphel GMT-5 / EST

[East] Kaisinel GMT-5 / EST

[East] Lumiel GMT-5 / EST

[East] Marchutan GMT-5 / EST

[East] Yustiel GMT-5 / EST

Zikel has been named the Unofficial Oceanic server for those who dont know

It has?

It has.

Well my preorder for Aion is almost paid off, but my PC is still out of action for at least the next month.

I'll register but can't login for some time. Hopefully this won't affect my CE & pre-order bonuses...

Well my preorder for Aion is almost paid off, but my PC is still out of action for at least the next month.

I'll register but can't login for some time. Hopefully this won't affect my CE & pre-order bonuses...

Bonus items are available on any character you make from here to eternity by typing /claim so they're fine. The only thing you would miss out on is your pre-selection for your name and server, but you could always just suck up to someone else and use their computer to do that when it begins.

Bonus items are available on any character you make from here to eternity by typing /claim so they're fine. The only thing you would miss out on is your pre-selection for your name and server, but you could always just suck up to someone else and use their computer to do that when it begins.

There is quite a few people I'd like to suck up to ;)

There is quite a few people I'd like to suck up to ;)

We all know you've got crab(bie)s.

Edited by Ihsan

Nscoft officially hates everyone who doesn't live in America. Their server list is wrong. Zikel is GMT -5. Of course you'd only know this if you're an emo fuck on twitter because the devs don't feel the need to post important information like this on their forums. So there will be a revote later tonight for the Oceanic server.

Ok, it's apparently Nezekan now.

Well until NcSoft screws up something new tomorrow or the next day...

Fuck me, NcSoft finally do something right...

The key to launching an MMORPG of Aion's magnitude is communication. We been keeping everyone following the game aware of what our plans are and listened to your feedback, creating a dialog with you. We've also kept an eye on the various Aion communities, talked to Aion community members, and compared what they have said and requested with our beta test data. Based on all this input, we have decided to launch Aion with an Oceanic server set to GMT+10.

Our Oceanic communities have already masterfully executed unofficial polls indicating their server desires. To honor these community efforts, the North American server Nezekan will be adjusted to an Oceanic time zone and event schedule immediately. The server will however not be labeled as an Oceanic server right away, but we plan on changing that in a patch within the first two weeks after launch. We are doing everything we can until then to let everyone know about the plans for Nezekan's future time zone schedule to allow players to make informed decisions.

We experienced some frustrating technical difficulties with the surveys we launched early this week meant to help roleplayers and language-specific communities choose their unofficial game servers. Many Aion communities saw a need to coordinate their members and were much quicker than we were to organize surveys. We have decided to honor their hard work by permanently taking our own survey down, since we have no desire to interfere with what our great communities accomplish or cause confusion. We will continue to work with the fansites in our Fansite Program to promote their community survey results.

Stay tuned for more information on Aion's release, and be sure to follow us on Twitter (@aion_ayase, @aion_liv, @aion_xaen, @aion_amboss.

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/aion-to-l...nic-server.html

TBH I (like a lot of other people) would honestly prefer it if the server wasn't labeled oceanic so people from other time zones would be more inclined to play on it and make it into a real round the clock server, but every little bit of recognition for this area of the world is a win. It's also reassuring that it came so soon after NcSoft releasing their own (very flawed) survey that isn't even supposed to be released for several days.

It would of been nice to have the fort raid times stay American too, just so the inevitable deluge of WoW kiddies at release wouldn't be able to farm Forts (ala WAR) and be forced to do some real world PvP for their points, but a little bit of effort and brute force by the DAOC, UO, EQ etc crowds will probably be able to affect the server culture into small well oiled groups roaming for pride and tests of skill rather then giant zerg blobs trying to get AP for as little effort as possible. One step at a time, one step at a time.

Now, how about some real west coast servers?

aww i just came here to post that! ^_^.

I like the fact they stuck with what was voted for by us already, shows they do actually read shit 8^P.

It would of been nice to have the fort raid times stay American too, just so the inevitable deluge of WoW kiddies at release wouldn't be able to farm Forts (ala WAR) and be forced to do some real world PvP for their points, but a little bit of effort and brute force by the DAOC, UO, EQ etc crowds will probably be able to affect the server culture into small well oiled groups roaming for pride and tests of skill rather then giant zerg blobs trying to get AP for as little effort as possible. One step at a time, one step at a time.

You think that's a WoW based issue? Its not like Blizzard likes that activity any more than anybody else.

Its a *people* problem.

You think that's a WoW based issue? Its not like Blizzard likes that activity any more than anybody else.

Its a *people* problem.

Partly. Although I do agree it's a people problem (hence my obvious distaste for the WoW generation) Blizzard are however to blame for perpetuating the problem. They could quite easily make their game more rewarding for skill based achievements and their endless droves of fanbois would herald it a brilliant change but instead pander to the crying masses by a rotating FotM approach rather then attempting any semblance of class balance and feeding an endless cycle of mudlfation with each new epic and its +1 stat points. They're less about making the best game possible anymore and all about making the dollars to buy cocaine to sniff off the arse cracks of sixteen year old boys.

Blizzard are more then capable of a little bit of tough love, introducing rewarding spontaneous world pvp and teaching their player base to have some realm pride like old school mmo players, showing them that skill that fps players prize is more rewarding then a hollow +1 stat they got for afking at 'pvp' for a week or accept that they cannot balance a game around pvp and pve, it's one of the other.

Edited by Ihsan

Greetings!

As we draw closer to tomorrow I wanted to give everyone a brief update on the progress of our live version. We are excited to announce that we will be serving out the final update for you to patch within the next few hours. You will be able to use this version for both our Preselection and our Head Start. We are very excited with our final product and think that you will be as well! Below are the release notes for the patch you will see later today:

- Aion now features all three languages French, German and English. To select your language simply right click on Aion within your launcher and go to Properties->Language Options. Please select which languages you wish to download and which you wish Aion to display.

- After analyzing our open beta test results Aion will not feature GameGuard at launch. We will however continue to pursue ways to effectively utilize GameGuard within Aion in the future. Right now we're focused on providing players with the best possible Aion experience.

- The level cap is now level 50 (previously 45).

- Players will be able to reserve 2 character names during Preselection and create 8 characters in total once Head Start begins and beyond.

- Channels will be set to 10 instances for the beginning 2 zones of each faction. Please note that these will be lowered as characters progress and spread throughout Atreia.

Xaen

Aion Producer

http://na.aiononline.com/en/news/aion-launch-version-1.html

They finally start making a few good decisions, the question is though "is this too late to save the mess they've made of it in the last three months?"

this might be close to commercial promo but hey im weaseling it for the gamers.

the lan cafe i work at is doing a launch event on the 26th. 24 hours of Aion. and we've managed to get 75 store keys for the event so if you are in brisbane and dont know if you want to play aion yet, you can come in and play the full thing for the event. we also have a bunch of shirts and posters and a full copy of the game to give away as door prizes.

from what i know Aion doesnt have a two week trial or demo out.

got the ok from mods:

26th Sept - 27th sept

9am - 9am

Elysium Internet Cafe

279-281 Brunswick St Mall. Fortitude Valley, QLD

$30

Edited by Kommando

5am tomorrow we can make our charactes :D Yay.

So, who else is rolling on Nezekan? :D I've been looking around 3 australian fansites, and everyone(90% or so) on all three voted for Zikiel and Nezekan when Zikiel's time zone was changed.

On another note... Anyone got a legion i can join? I won't be a pain and i don't eat much... :)

Edited by Kastoli