Nich...

Aion

/wave @ Sorceror :)

Yeah Nich, sucks eh. /ignore ftw, and get out of general chat asap!

edit, whoa, double post in a single post....

Edited by pwarren

Anyone else having problems logging in? The last few times I've tried on the Aussie server the queue has been over 1,500 >.<

I haven't tried at this hour, but I had a similar queue last night at around 5ish, took me about an hour to get in. The queues seemed to be short on the weekend though. It's cool how if your connection drops, the game lets you bypass the queue when you reconnect.

So I have been loving this game, but I'm not truelly addicted yet :P

For the people who are playing, what are your names, class, level, server and faction.

Me: Damobok

Spiritmaster

Level 17

Server: Nezekan (the AU one)

Elyos

I heard that as soon as you turn level 20 it turns into a hardcore grindfest, and also that there are people advertising power levelling and gold farming all over the place and the mods don't care, is this true?

I heard that as soon as you turn level 20 it turns into a hardcore grindfest, and also that there are people advertising power levelling and gold farming all over the place and the mods don't care, is this true?

If they're saying that I'd be willing to lay money down that they're from the WoW generation. The only real time I've had to sit down and grind levels was probably 38-40 and that was only because you've only got the choice of two dozen different group quests that want you to grind elite mobs for superior gear at those levels. They've added a lot of new quest content in since the beta and the current PTR in Korea addresses a lot of the weird, random quest exp at later levels.

They do care about the gold spam and in fact implemented a chat filter the other night to help lessen it. They don't however have their 24 GM support up and running atm to speed up the bannings. The gold farming is no different to WoW or any other MMO I've played, the only difference being in WoW they did it inside instances so the average person never saw it going on. They'll eventually get banned and the gold removed from the economy. Just like any other MMO though the GM's need to determine who and how the money is being laundered and do bannings en masse so that as few as possible have a chance to change their tactics.

I just hit 26 the other night, and haven't had to do any grinding at all. I've been told that may partly be because of my penchant for levelling professions and getting free xp, and because I'm playing relatively slowly, and so get 'rested' XP here and there.

Get Some is no more. (Bundy aka bundywow's Legion)

Hopefully bumping this topic gets bundy to read this so he knows to go to his forums and let us know hes alright. :( Most of the legion thinks hes in jail or something. I know better because hes active here. At least let them know your alright man. Or respond to my pms on this forum / emails just so I can show them that your aight

back on topic. Aion owns

I play WoW because its the only game where the flaw's are balanced.

For example, LOTRO has GREAT leveling PvE and raiding content, but once you finish all that there isn't much else to do other than run around and spend countless hours on professions.

WAR on the other hand had rather poor PvE content but amazing PvP content and... Well, if you want to call it raiding you can.

However, WoW has good raiding content, solid PvP, professions are tough but actually quite fun and plenty to do even after raid content.

Flaws are balanced?

The joke that raiding has become is good?

The pathetic excuse for what they pass as pvp is solid?

The 30min profession grind you buy off the AH is tought?

Fuck me you're smoking some serious shit.

WoW professions are fun? Well, I guess it's fun to realise you have a bunch of stuff you made 6 months ago, and massive inflation now means you are rolling in cash.

No, wait, that's just boring.

Well, just hit the abyss the other night on my 2nd character, after realising a Gladiator is gonna be a pain in the arse for pvp at the lower levels. Sorcerer is really fun, and I enjoy being CC/DPS in groups. Yes we can seriously fuck people up if they don't see us coming, or in a group, but catch us alone and unprepped and you WILL rape us.

Well, I've given up on crafting in Aion, sooooo boring. Not as bad as gathering Aether tho. I'm having lots of fun questing and I've usually got the cash to buy some new greens to go with my new spells every 3 levels.

What's that go to do with Aion?

It's lewis. It has nothing to do with anything.

It's just his way of saying "Hay guies wuts goin on in this thred!?"

I got sucked in to buying Aion the other week. I have a level 16 sorcerer.

The only thing I lament is how long it takes to get from A to B, with only the sparse flight points and gliding.

Otherwise, it's pretty solid, and I'm enjoying it. Even with only getting between an hour and 90 mins play most days.

I've been playing Aion since launch (although very casually) and I'm really liking it except for the "wall" I've seem to hit between levels 18-21 and in particular with the aether gathering. Other than that I love the combat, the PvE (obviously haven't got into Abyss yes) and the main storyline.

Coming from LOTRO (and WoW before that) it's a bit of "more of the same" but with more refinement.

Can't wait to get into the high 20's and PvP...

I've been playing Aion since launch (although very casually) and I'm really liking it except for the "wall" I've seem to hit between levels 18-21 and in particular with the aether gathering. Other than that I love the combat, the PvE (obviously haven't got into Abyss yes) and the main storyline.

Coming from LOTRO (and WoW before that) it's a bit of "more of the same" but with more refinement.

Can't wait to get into the high 20's and PvP...

Aether gather is horribly boring. That was a really bad idea for gathering imo.