czerney

Are we living in the last days?

Not necessarily. It depends on how I die - aging doesn't always result in death :P

I love the fact that on the timeline of events, he gives no actual time difference between now and when the Peace treaty is signed with Israel. I am a Christian, and even I think this site is insane.

great, some more religous nuts who believe obama has something to do with Revelation. are we in the end times? id have to say no. people seem to want to relate Obama to the antichrist or the first horse that is meant to bring false peace. but i doubt he's either of these, just like another group who claims pope john paul II will be ressurected and become the anti-christ. There are still many more things to happen in that book before anyone can start pointing the finger at who is the anti-christ.

though this is the best looking crazy nut job site ive ever seen.

*sigh*

Perhaps you kids should go out side once in a while and, you know, interact with other human beings for a bit. You might just realise that world isn't as sinister as you want it to be.

Oh, and get some sun, vitiman D can go a long way to fighting depression and paranoid delusion

Edited by MrFriendly

*sigh*

Perhaps you kids should go out side once in a while and, you know, interact with out human beings for a bit. You might just realise that world isn't as sinister as you want it to be.

Oh, and get some sun, vitiman D can go a long way to fighting depression and paranoid delusion

Don't forget the exercise.

OH SHIT! ITS REAL MAN!

LISTEN TO THE LADY'S VOICE!

Lady

SHE'S THE G-MAN'S WIFE!!!!!

SHIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/runs to the garage, searching for his crowbar

are we living in the last days? just ask the mormons! crazy bitches.

You know why I reckon 'the end times' is always such a popular thing, and is always just around the corner?

It gives a nice bit of justification for the people pushing it, that they haven't wasted their lives.

The irony.

- Are we living in the last days? -

Days/time = duration.

It does not signify the end of Human life per se'

And if we are...

Does it really matter???

/Sigh, this fucking bullshit again.

I have seen some of the local religious nutjobs preaching this at least a dozen times since the 1970s. Every time something goes belly up or against their beliefs out comes the old "end of days" crap again all aimed at trying to scare people in to finding their version of God.

Suppose one day they will be right, even if they have to wait till the Earth gets splatted by a meteor, the Sun goes Nova or the Universe suffers it's final heat death or something.

Bloody miserable gloom and doom merchants.

It's funny these people talk about the False Prophet but then if you look the American Evangelists themselves - they all behave like the false prophets.

And people call me batshit insane.

Ha.

For as long as there is man-kind, there will be doomsayers (both ones with agendas and ones without).

-A-

That's it, I'm getting the fuck out of here while I still can.

I've got a few seats on the DC-8 that I haven't filled up with fine Earthen chicks yet, but it's gonna cost you.

Who knows where we live, if your believe in God then you believe that Earth is a fallen planet and that its all destined for doom anyway conversation over.

Your thread has little information. The stuff you posted is just rapture rubbish that was preached in churches 30 years ago. There is no rapture. No such word is even in the bible.

There is growing conspiracy out there about the times we live in but how this is all going to pan out nobody really knows. They make so much movies now about this crap and most of it is based on fear-driven propaganda. I would say search for yourself instead of posting a thread with someone elses opinionated version of what it actually happening in the world today.

My own personal belief is that the world is not going to end but that we are on the brink of major change. The next 20-30 years maybe downhill for everybody but the end of this is going to be a golden age. Now whether God is going to do this I dont know. I just know that god isn't going to come back in a chariot and zap up 144,000 pure Christians into the sky.

Search for yourself. The truth is out there.....

cue *x-files theme song*

Edited by hazzard

Who knows where we live, if your believe in God then you believe that Earth is a fallen planet and that its all destined for doom anyway conversation over.

Your thread has little information. The stuff you posted is just rapture rubbish that was preached in churches 30 years ago. There is no rapture. No such word is even in the bible.

There is growing conspiracy out there about the times we live in but how this is all going to pan out nobody really knows. They make so much movies now about this crap and most of it is based on fear-driven propaganda. I would say search for yourself instead of posting a thread with someone elses opinionated version of what it actually happening in the world today.

My own personal belief is that the world is not going to end but that we are on the brink of major change. The next 20-30 years maybe downhill for everybody but the end of this is going to be a golden age. Now whether God is going to do this I dont know. I just know that god isn't going to come back in a chariot and zap up 144,000 pure Christians into the sky.

Search for yourself. The truth is out there.....

cue *x-files theme song*

Agreed my post itself has little information although there is more information about it if you follow the link.

Even though I posted the link, it's not the definitive word on the rapture. The Bible is, and actually the rapture is in the Bible, one just has to look a little deeper. The original text wasn't English. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is where the apostle Paul talks of it.

The 144,000 is actually not the believers, but rather the cumulation of 12000 from each of the twelve tribes of Israel who are sealed through the great tribulation.

I agree, there are religious folk out there that like to set dates for impending doom and gloom. These people are ignoring what the Bible says in Matthew 24:36 where Jesus specifically says "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only" but a few verses back in verse 32-33 he does use the example of a fig tree:

32: Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that it is near, even at the doors.

33: So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34: Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

We are to be aware of the time and season when these days approach.

I am actually spending as much time as I can studying Bible prophecy and also keeping myself informed on as much news and information coming out of the middle east and world events as I can. I by no means suggest that the rapture is going to happen at any particular moment, but from what I can see events predicted in the Bible are shaping up towards the end time scenario be it a one, five, ten or more years away. I personally am finding it quite exciting!

The reason believers wish people to accept Jesus and be saved is because the alternative is that the unbeliever does not have the benefit of Jesus having paid the penalty of their sin. They will have to answer for it themselves. Hell and the lake of fire was created for the devil and his angels, not mankind. The only people who will be in hell are those who choose not to accept this free gift of life through Jesus. A simple, yet crucial decision.

At the end of the day, no one is putting a gun to anyones head and making anyone believe anything they don't want to. But a believer does not want to see the destruction of his fellow man which is why they seek to save as many as possible by telling them about Jesus. Admittedly there are good and not so good methods to do this and certainly there are a good many Christians who don't represent themselves by their actions as they should be. So it is understandable that many people seeing this, would choose not to want anything to do with it.

One thing I am disappointed to see however, is that Atomic which is supposedly a forum of persons who can maturely debate something they may not believe so quickly turn into a heated rage over this subject.

Edited by czerney

Praise the Lord!

And pass the ammunition.

The Song

Down went the gunner, a bullet was his fate

Down went the gunner, then the gunners mate

Up jumped the sky pilot, gave the boys a look

And manned the gun himself as he laid aside The Book, shouting

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition and we'll all stay free!

Praise the Lord and swing into position!

Can't afford to sit around and wishin'

Praise the Lord we're all between perdition

and the deep blue sea!

Yes the sky pilot said it

You've got to give him credit

for a son - of - gun - of - a - gunner was he,

Shouting;

Praise the Lord we're on a mighty mission!

All aboard, we're not a - goin' fishin;

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition and we'll all stay free!

But really what would make these times the end times is the choices we make as a society , not some bogey man mumbo-jumbo , sure the world has problems and not solving them could have a rather grim outcome, but I don't think we have reached the point of no return... yet.

Edited by Waltish