Milano

How's your cable management?

I've recently gone through a bit of an overhaul with the interior organising of my case. There's still a bit to do, but as you can see below, it's getting better. My case (Antec Performance Plus 660AMG) doesn't make things too easy compared to most of todays cases, but i'm happy with the way things are going.

Before...dodgy

Posted Image

After...slightly less dodge

Posted Image

So as you can see, i'm after some ideas on decent cable management.

Post your innards!

my old server case

Posted Image

this is my new antec 300 (not happy about the cable job i did and will fix it on one of my days off)

Posted Image

mozes will come along and blow everyone away with his uber cable management :P

Take a pic when I get home =D

old server case looks good nequick, probably helps the case is massive. heh

Mine is pretty good if I do say so myself :P I spend way too long trying to get it just right. Will post pics when I can.

thanks lew, yea it helped a lot when i made custom cable routing aka dremel the fuck out of the case :P

thanks lew, yea it helped a lot when i made custom cable routing aka dremel the fuck out of the case :P

LOL Nesquick :)

looks good though I like a case with a bit of room.... even if it's a self made cable routing / management solution.

will post some pics of mine once I get home.

M

Well to say the least I'm not sowing you anything on this current build. Thrown together because I wanted to see what the new hardware could do. two power supplies neigther are modular - I'll let you deduce how good it looks. :D

Mine's pretty shit. I've never bothered much with cable management tbh. Glad my PSU is modular though.

Oh yeah. Modular makes things much easier to manage. I need as good airflow as I can get, so that's why I ditched all my ribbon cables & went Modular. I know I can improve on that pathetic effort - just gotto plug cables in in a proper order & maybe put some convoluted tube to use....hmmm.

mozes will come along and blow everyone away with his uber cable management :P

lol Hope so. Get in here, mozes!

mines worse then the first one so im not going to post a pic due to the shame of it all.

LOL cmon man! Doooo eeeeiiiit.

yea darkmatter we must see this cable job for lulz

Hey Nes, my brother has that same shitty case... the server one I mean (but it's not, it's what we call a Full ATX Tower)

Cable management outside the PC is important, too. A few years ago, I made cable guides for my desk.

I got a bunch of tough, but flexible plastic tube, cut it into 4 inch lengths, slit each one down one side, then screwed them into the back of the desk, in two rows. Works a treat. I'll post a photo of it soon.

I've also got a powerboard taped to each of the two hind legs. One plugs into the other, and the cables joining them are nailed (with little black cable guides) to the bottom of the desk. Going out to the wall socket, I've got some of that grey flexible cable-guide stuff from IKEA.

I used to play in bands, and the jam room was in my house. With so much audio equipment, cable management was key there. So, I screwed about 50 metal hooks into the ceiling, and, yeah, everything ran along there. Looked like a spider's web, and my housemates hated it, but it was super-convenient if you needed to wire/rewire anything. Audio geek heaven.

Howdy all, you asked for it so here it is, i've posted it many a time on the forum but what's another time:

Posted Image

That's something familiar, now for something you haven't seen. I was going through my hdd's the other day looking for some files when i stumbled across some images of a case i was modding last year. So here's some pics of project 767, a mod of this case, the Lian Li 767:

Posted Image

I never finished the mod as i decided to move interstate and i barely took any pictures of everything i had completed. I had finished the side panel apart from the graphics, which would have actually changed given the original was based on the system being powered by 2x hd2900xt's. I also had a basic mesh front grill finished as well as the optical drive cover. But here's a pic i did take, shows the cable routing scheme i put in place, perfect for this thread.

Posted Image

cheers

Antec 300 Case

not the best cable management but the best i could do at the time (read: lazy), may clean it up but the chunky ide cable on the dvd drive ruins it all :P

and cable ties on the cooler fan FTW! they fix computers as well as cars :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holy ferking shnit mozes!

That is beautiful!

I wasn't joking when i said he would wipe the floor with anything we could do lol.

Antec 300 Case

not the best cable management but the best i could do at the time (read: lazy), may clean it up but the chunky ide cable on the dvd drive ruins it all :P

and cable ties on the cooler fan FTW! they fix computers as well as cars :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i like the cable tie on the fan/HSF

Oooh nice, people. I'm now thinking of ditching my CD-burner, since I hardly use it. The DVD-burner & DVD-rom should be enough optical drives for me. So that'll clear out two cables the other being the "Fan only" adapter that I don't need anymore since all my fans are now hooked onto the mobo.

I've got some of that plastic spiral wrap that i'll try to work in there too...

Here is my Case, Thermaltake Armour. Its a real pain to get clean, but here was my attempt after about 2 hours im pretty pleased with it, there is minimal bloackage for the fans i have in there and it looks about as good as i can get it without drilling more holes and what not!

Posted Image

Here is my Case, Thermaltake Armour. Its a real pain to get clean, but here was my attempt after about 2 hours im pretty pleased with it, there is minimal bloackage for the fans i have in there and it looks about as good as i can get it without drilling more holes and what not!

Posted Image

Nice job on that, looks really clean now, where did you have to drill? and where is your psu?