Milano

How's your cable management?

Can we please not quote whole images? Just cut them out if you want to quote.

It just takes up unnecessary space and is a pain in the arse (to me at least).

I've done my cable management like 3 times now, half an hour at least each time, and I'm still not happy!!

I think I need a bigger case like m0zes first pic, that's hot. lv it.

Will post pics here when I get home from work! I want to show off too! :P

Can we please not quote whole images? Just cut them out if you want to quote.

It just takes up unnecessary space and is a pain in the arse (to me at least).

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I'm capped at the moment =(

Nice job on that, looks really clean now, where did you have to drill? and where is your psu?

My psu is on the top left behind the Hard Drive cage, and i drilled a small hole to the right of where my graphic cards are placed so the PCI-E connectors can come up from behind the motherboard tray.

I had the resist the urge to go grab one of my spare boxes, take te side off and stuff it full of all the random cables I've got and take a photo.

But this does remind me of many years ago. There was a website, similar in nature to ratemypic/hotornot.com but it was called "rate my rack" and people would submit picture of their rack (tits) for appraisal.

My friends and I, we submitted a picture of a different kind of rack. I can't find that picture anymore, but a quick google images search found this one, which is rather mild by comparison, but will give you the idea:

Posted Image

It actually scored quite highly, too. I still smile thinking about people flicking through the pictures, admiring all the tits and then being presented wit ha dirty great server rack encased in a tangled mess of cables.

Those were the days.

Here's my efforts:

Posted Image

The main trouble I had was trying to hide 8x SATA cables (6 hard drives, 2x used for e-sata with a backplate).

Anything in the lower chamber is a real pig's breakfast, though the P182 makes things a little easier with cable routing and chucking stuff behind the motherboard tray.

m0zes you are one anal bastard, and don't think for a second that we don't know that any opportunity you get to show that off you do.

Man I think one day I will pay you to tidy the cables in my system ... although mine aint too bad

Please for give the camera phone shot!

Posted Image

Ahh rate my rack, awesomely scary stuff.

So... ahh, show us your system Mr Mod!

Come on, lets see what a Guru like you can do with some cable ties!

My second attempt to organize my cables..

I am going to do it again.. As I do with everything.. Untill it's perfect.. Then I'll do it again.. Just because.

Posted Image

this is the 'old' case b upgrading shortly no gpu atm ,,,,,,,,,,,,sux

Posted Image

stays at a nice 38 *c

Posted Image

well its hard with those tri cools at the top back as they only want to play with molex connectors :( and i have more things in my case that need power and connections :P

oh and as a side note my system just powered itself down for no reason last night as i was playing cod4, being intrigued i opened the case up and omg the amount of heat that came wafting out was unbelievable, i also felt the gfx cards and they were burning my fingers even to pick them up out of the case so i thought enough of this shitty twin turbo thing so its back to the stock cooler where the heat is actually escaping the case and the vrm/memory plate is being adequately cooled.

I'll post my brand new P182 later this week, when my 8pin ATX extender arrives. It's 2cm to short to loop around the back.

I love my A05B, got it shipped from the states when I bought my computer because I had money and time, but I gotta say the cable tyding is substandard. I'm not too worried, the cables are all out of the way of airflow and there's no window on my case. I might tidy it a bit when I replace my hard drives. Apologies for the phone pics, can't find the camera.

Posted Image

Posted Image

my old server case

Posted Image

this is my new antec 300 (not happy about the cable job i did and will fix it on one of my days off)

Posted Image

mozes will come along and blow everyone away with his uber cable management :P

What do you think about the antec 300? i was tempted in getting it, is it good for cable management?

skatey- its the Thermalright Ultra 120/120 Extreme

donkeyruler- I like the case for its small size as it makes it easier to take to any future lans as opposed to that 20 tonne server case, cable management is alright but if you want better go the CM690 but otherwise i love the features of the case

oh i can beat that weight. my new incomplete rig only has case and powersupply in it at the moment. and god is that thing heavy..

antec twelve hundred case. antec quattro 1000w psu (with funky racing stripes on it as stock)

i shudder to know what this thing will weigh when i put all the other bits n peices inside it... eeep

I'd post pics, but my setup has changed (had 8800GT SLI but have a 4870X2 instead).

Plus I'm getting a Coolermaster ATCS 840 when it comes out, because it's full of sex and win.

I'll post pics when I'm done though :D

Good to see this thread is still alive and kicking, keep posting those innards people.

iamthemaxx: I'm glad you like it.

sceptrecore: Yes i am an anal bastard, and well i would have considered doing the cable routing for you but when i saw that msi board in your system that all changed - not even the terrible picture could conceal it ;)

Fatbodybuilder: We are still waiting to see some pics of what you've done with the tj07, please tell me you've done something more with it since you purchased it???

c0nc0n: p182's a great case for cable routing, i'm looking forward to seeing some equally great pics.

smakme: I appreciate the effort you've gone into your cable routing, given the size of the holes you've cut into the case you would have had to de-pinned all the connectors to get them through. No easy task and always risky, just a quick tip for you and anyone else considering doing this or cutting any holes into their case please just give some thought to where you drill the holes. The closer they are to the connection point the neater the end result will be. I also recommend the use of rubber gromits around the holes, protects the cables from sharp edges and gives you a professional finish.

Keep the pics coming

cheers

I'm gonna grab some cable ties before the end of the week and try to clean mine out. I've never really attempted cable management before; someone mentioned plugging cables in in the right order? What order specifically, PSU cables first? Any other tips would be appreciated