Sign in to follow this  
ozacube

Obligatory Topic To Test New Code Tags

So here goes...

int main()
{
	System.out.println("Hello New Forums!1!");

[i]private static abstract[/i] protected intyfloay EleventyBillion = 11000000000;

[b]return EleventyBillion;[/b]
}

Mods; feel free to binthis if you so feel.

EDIT: Looks alright, I spose ... though it'd be nice if the bold and italics tags worked.

EDIT 2: Added an extra parenthesis and fixed the code just to satisfy you pedantic pricks!

So here goes...

int main()
{
	System.out.println("Hello New Forums!1!";

[i]private static abstract[/i] protected intyfloay ElevtyBillion = 11000000000;

[b]return EvelntyBillion;[/b]
}

Mods; feel free to binthis if you so feel.

EDIT: Looks alright, I spose ... though it'd be nice if the bold and italics tage worked.

Though isn't the whole point of "code" tags to strip out any formating? Plus, it was always a pain if you were indexing an array with "i"...

Yeah, you both have good points.

Would be nice to come up with some way to bold pieces/lines of code though, for pointing out certain things.

am I the only one who noticed that that code didn't compile before they noticed the formatting didn't work?

No Slace, you were not.

Yeah same here, I noticed the lack of parentheisis and then I noticed the bold and italics tags and thought to myself a much simpler thing would be if the code tags had numbers running down the bottom then we could reference by line number!

#define _rofl ..codeboxes actually tend to stretch the window rather than providing a scrollbar. I find this interesting.           -----------------------------------------------------------dddd

No Slace, you were not.

Yeah same here, I noticed the lack of parentheisis and then I noticed the bold and italics tags and thought to myself a much simpler thing would be if the code tags had numbers running down the bottom then we could reference by line number!

Line numbers would be good... (and don't they normally go down the side?)

Hmm.

Shouldn't this be monospaced?

font-family: monospace;

overflow: auto;

Should that be added to the CSS style sheet(s) for the code tag's div, I think they'd be perfect.