Sign in to follow this  
morris

Rock Band - November 7

Battle of the "Band" games  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which game will you be buying?

• Rockband on November 7 with all the parts
    • Guitar Hero: World Tour with all the parts
    • Both games with both sets of instruments. I have the money and room for all of it
    • I already imported Rock Band
    • I'll get GH:WT with all the instruments and just buy the rockband game if the GH instruments work with it
    • I hate these games. Learn to play a real guitar instead of a plastic one
    • Other (Please explain)

Interesting replies.

I only included a few options that I thought would be most relevant.

If I included every possible combination (eg GH:WT Drum and microphone only pack, GH:WT guitar and game only pack etc.) I wouldn't have been able to fit them all in. And it would be too confusing.

And can we stay closer to the topic. I really don't think the "Composer" community care much for Guitar Hero or Rockband. Take that discussion to the Green Room if you want to continue.

EDIT:

The_End did bring up an option I should have included though: * I'll wait for reviews of GH:WT and then decide on what to do

Damn.

Interesting that out of all 38 responses to the poll no one will be getting the full rockband on release day. No one. That's rather telling.

Yeah. I can tell you now though, Atomic != General Public.

More than likely, it'll still sell.

Anyway if the GH instruments work with Rock Band, I'll get the game only.

But I'll be getting World Tour with the works.

Same. I wasn't that into the idea of either really, but have slowly come around to it. I've been with the GH franchise since the start, so now BOTH of these exists (ie RB and GH:WT), I'll go with the GH one, and if the web's to be believed, the instruments will be compatible, so I'll pick up RB after I have GH:WT, and if I decide the songs are worth it.

The main decision for me now is whether I get ALL the new instruments, ie new guitars too (then I'll have FIVE so will probably toss/sell the older style)... will wait for some reviews to see if the new buttons on the new guitars are worth replacing my existing ones...

My Rockband drums just arrived from the US for Xbox 360 today and they work a treat!

Rockband has it over GH in my books. However, since the drums and guitars are inter-swappable, i'll try out GH:WT when it arrives.

Fuck EA for delaying Rock Band till after Rock Band 2 is out in the US. Must wait and see for the pricing but I doubt it will be anything as reasonable as GH:WT also there are improved instruments for RB2 so why bother buying 1 when they'll prob release 2 2-4 months after 1. I'll be picking up GH:WT and hoping that Death Magnetic works for it. Oh and composing your own songs is just awesome.

see it's a big time for me

they did it last year the bastards. I am a massive Call of Duty fan and last year? GH3 and COD4 on the same day! I hated it but bought both (PC cod)

I am a guitar hero fan as well, however I have been playing rockband heaps and love it. the songs on it are much better and I am going to buy the better product, not be snotty and go well you didn't give it to me on time so waa no moneyz for you. Yeah sure they fucked us around, fucked us good they did but imho rockband is the better out of the two.

also COD5 comes out on something like november 13/14 lol

I played both Guitar Hero World Tour and Rockband 2 months ago.

I like the feel of Guitar Heros guitars and drums better than Rockband.

Plus if the GH peripherals work with Rockband, I'll get the game only and have the best of both worlds :D

Yes I like Rockbands song list, but there's a lot on GH I like too.

as a muso, my biggest issue with these games was more that they were out of time, they often didn't stick to a logical guitar line in a song, and the strange fingering required when running scales. yes, i know its a game, but some things shouldn't have to have been fucked with.

but having said that, i've got 1 and 2 and really enjoyed them. played them a fair bit, unlocked all i needed to unlock on medium... and then stopped playing.

i can understand the desire to play a game to completion and get the highest score on the hardest level - but at the end of the day, once i had my fun playing with the "toy", i went and learned the real thing on guitar.

so really, beyond GH2, i've just not been really interested in any of the further games. Which is a shame really, because i was kind of half interested in seeing how the drums lined up with the game - but then i've got a bastardised 10 piece kit downstairs.

won;t be buying it or any of them.

I played GH at my mates house and it was meh, didn't really capture me at all, I have played "real guitars and instruments" for years so this just a guitar shaped gamepad, and teaches you nothing but how to press the right buttons at the right time, much like, OMG current console games that don't have guitar shaped controllers!!!!

You can guess which option i picked in the poll.

end rant.

Did you honestly expect these games to teach you how to play real instruments? Really?

Or is it just the elitist attitude of "play real instruments"?

Without trying to be mean, I have to agree with KTS, I've seen it with a few people who can actually play guitar. The game was never meant to teach guitar, and most people who play it (the vast vast majority) won't tell you otherwise. It's meant to be a fun video game, if you're crap at it then all it takes is practice.

Buuuuuuummpaggggeeeeeee

Does anyone know when RB2 comes out? I'm hoping it's before Oct 31, because we're having a massive Halloween party!

Pfft. We only got a date for Rockband 1 a couple of months ago. I'm not expecting any news of Rockband 2 for quite some time... if any news at all.

I'm only dressing up for one band game and that's going to be Guitar Hero World Tour on the 12th. EA have screwed the release of Rockband in Australia by not giving us ANY news until a couple of months ago (November 7). And only after Activision announced a date for Guitar Hero World Tour.

That to me looks like a knee jerk reaction on EAs part. And the fact is that Rockband 2 is already out overseas and there's no news of bringing it to this country. Sounds like Rockband 1 all over again. They don't care for this market at all.

won;t be buying it or any of them.

I played GH at my mates house and it was meh, didn't really capture me at all, I have played "real guitars and instruments" for years so this just a guitar shaped gamepad, and teaches you nothing but how to press the right buttons at the right time, much like, OMG current console games that don't have guitar shaped controllers!!!!

You can guess which option i picked in the poll.

end rant.

Yeah, thats exactly why I dont like playing first person shooters , they dont teach you how to actually kill anyone with a rifle in real life which makes them fake and stuff.

oh wait .......

sorry .....I'm retarded

cg776: I ordered Rock Band from Barnes & Noble (when I had a PS3) and the service was outstanding.

A few things you mightn't have known about Rock Band:

• On 360 (thanks to Microsoft standards) Rock Band can utilise GH controllers
  • Any games you purchase through DLC will be available in RB2
  • In order to buy DLC for your respective game, you need a gamertag from that region (and credit card or pre-paid points card)
  • You can backup the licences to the songs in RB to play them in RB2
  • Again on 360 (thanks to Microsoft standards), you'll be able to use your RB/RB2 controllers on GH:WT. Activision were reportedly pissed off about this.

That list is probably more for Morris than anyone else, but it's just what I found out whilst doing a bit of research today.

I'm loving RB. Can't wait for 2!

My Halloween party is going to be sick!

Will you come into my store and dress up with me please?

Which reminds me, I need to upload my halloween photos from the store. (Yes I dressed up for work)

After falling out of the shower and smashing my head on the tiles, I realised I had blisters on my knuckles from playing so much RB. Adam (my housemate) has blisters on his hands from the drums hehe

Okay I bought Rockband today (Game only).

I've always liked the songs on the game. I'm getting used to the different look, but so far I'm doing well.

Still going to get Guitar Hero World Tour super bundle next week. Not sure how I'm going to get it home since I don't have a car and I walk to work every morning.

Right now I'm using my Guitar Hero 3 guitar.

Works fine. Only thing really missing are the buttons closer to the body of the guitar for solos, but that's not an issue.

When World Tour is out, I'll have those instruments :D

Playing though Rockband on Hard. So far the lowest score I've got is 98%.

Too bad it doesn't show statistics for the song (only a percentage).